FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Main St. speed limit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Main St. speed limit
    Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 11:16am
Not sure where the best place to post this but I am in disbelief about the 25 mph speed limit on Main St. All the money that was spent in repaving, parking boxes, etc and now we have to creep down the street at 25? This should be 35, period end of story. And gee, guess how many cars I saw pulled over this weekend on my way into town for a soccer tournament? Cops hiding on the side streets and shooting radar onto Main. Nice way to get people to come back.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 11:51am
WHY DOES THIS NOT SUPRISE ME. GOTTA MAKE MONEY FOR THE CITY.RESIDENCES ON SO. MAIN ST. DO NOT WANT THE TRAFFIC ON "THEIR" STREET SO THEY HAD THE SPEED LIMMIT REDUCED TO MOVE TRAFFIC OFF OF SO. MAIN ST.THEY ARE OUT OF CONTROL DOWN THERE. JMO
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 12:11pm
Middletown......known to be business unfriendly. Now, apparently, also visitor intolerant. Great reputation.

If you are refering to the S. Main St. area, you have passed through the honorable Mayor Mulligan (and mom) and the highly esteemed Martin Kohler part of town. This area, deemed a protected historical district, is the cradle of importance to the inner circle and to those who live there, and as such, is to be protected by Middletown's finest at all costs. No rabble need drive through the area mister.

Since the city refuses to earn revenue with jobs and companies locating here, this town is so strapped for revenue, it is counting pennies on tax returns and setting up revenue generation through cameras, and now, like kids playing cops and robbers, apparently hiding in alleys, on side streets and behind bushes with their little speedguns to catch people who still find a reason to come to this town. Incredible mentality.

Welcome to Middletown......now, get out your wallet.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 12:31pm
Something similar to this happened a couple years back on the back entrance to Joyce Park at another soccer tournament. It is a long and winding road with nothing going on except model airplane flying so people (out of towners) were just cruising along. Well the speed was a ridiculous 25, even more ridiculous than Main St. In the park sure, 25 heck even 15 is ok in the park. They pulled over hundreds of cars. It got such bad publicity they waived the fines I believe. Is there any way to find out how many citations were issued from the metro housing to the Sorg on Sat and Sun this weekend?
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 12:43pm
As for speed limits, there have been areas that are set on one side 25 mph; the other side, 35 mph; such was the case on Rosedale, and the other side east of Breihel. When calling the city, I was advised by the engineer, to alter speeds, they had to do extensive speed studies before making such adjustments.

Franklin also has such a practice as you describe on the old Dixie Highway. After you drive past Manchester, they rapidly change from 50 mph to 35, another speed trap. I ended up getting out of a ridiculous ticket by having a state engineer whom was  familiar with this section (and tactic), write a letter and affidavit stating it was more dangerous to alter a speed limit that was reasonable. The judge accepted this, and disposed of the fine.

I suggest you check the court docket under criminal charges for that date, or ask the police to provide you the data.

Of course, you must realize the speed was altered with safety in mind. There are 5,000 students from Cincinnati State walking all over Main Street that could be hit by a car traveling > 25 mph. Would you be interested in a fishing lake in Death Valley by the way?    
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 9:43pm
You think 25 mph is bad, you should see how people in Centerville is getting all up in arms about connecting a road.

http://fox45now.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wrgt_vid_19280.shtml

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic