Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VOTES FOR LEVY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 3:29pm
Dean: thank you for tolerance of others' opinions. So far, I've been told that since I'm retired, my opinion isn't valued, and now, I have to be "shamed" because of it. Sing loud, when it's time, singer....I hear the chorus line---"fired up, ready to go." Can't stop her now. just 1chmoore proudly supporting my local school system.
Dean View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 3:33pm
A footnote, and sorry about "booster". Tried to edit it but some damn clock said time was up.

"The remaining decline in property values coincides with a nationwide recession." - Marcia Andrew

Marcia, you are not an oracle on real estate trends. Middletown hasn't been close to the regional average for property values in years. Its also about four times worse in decline than what happened in the 2008 recession. There has been no receovery either in Middletown. Thorpe's numbers were better than what the annual loss trend has been showing for six years
Dean View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 3:39pm
chmoore1- some have told me buying a Porsche and tinting grey hair helps with the post retirement blues. Sure as heck less expensive than a Botoxed gym keeping you feeling youthful. Testosterone may work as well. Beats 95,000,000.  
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 3:42pm
I never like anything winning or losing by that kind of margin. Only seems to polarize people and entrench them towards their position. It has passed probably, so be it. Hey--everyone had the opportunity to vote, but property owners will carry the load as always. Becoming more un-acceptable every day.

Ms.Andrews continues to talk down to MUSA members, lately with her "hysteria" quote. which I find incredibly insulting.
I can assure the lady that most here are as level-headed as her supporters. 24 votes switched the other way, and we would see real hysteric "end of the world" thinking. Occasionally the "lawyer" in the lady comes on a little hard, especially during the campaign signage situation. imo the price of being "legally correct" can win a skirmish and lose a war(which it came close to doing in this circumstance).

Time to make this work. New and improved facilities, followed by increased enrollment, improved academic performance and a cleaner community image. Anything less will be viewed as a failed plan imo.

Very concerned about the 5-year financial projection, and how she plans to manage that. Hopefully there will be no up-coming "operating" levy to deal with the benny situation.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 4:58pm
Dean: thank you for the counseling. Nothing here worth discussing. I would like to add "FIRED UP, READY TO GO!" Bring in the heavy equipment, and open those wallets! Oh, that's right, you're all moving out of town. Need to rent a truck?   Just trying to be helpful, just 1chmoore.
Dean View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 5:15pm
chmoore1, it appears to many you have been reincarnated. Once you were Smartman, the guy who had those smart kids that you owed so much to in the district. Hell, you aren't retired, you do the bidding for the Board. We'll give a call when the moving van gets near. Think he said his kid made a 16 on the ACT and got a scholarship at North Carolina A & M.  Tree hugger too. 
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 5:24pm
Dean: sorry, I'm not Smartman, but I do know him. Nice try, though. Good paranoia.    just 1chmoore.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 5:34pm
Well Spider it seems that they are back to “Build it and they will come”
mind set again. It didn’t work last time but we will try it again.
I do hope they remember that they can not bring in more Section 8 this time to bring in more kiddies.
Sure go ahead and put it on the credit card and we will pay for it later.
Yes sir everything going to be just duckie this time…

Dean View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 5:34pm
Of course not. You are Marcia.
Now get that bulldozer started and the checks handed out pronto.
Iron Man View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iron Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

<font size="2" face="Courier New, Courier, mono">The MCSD levy, if it passed, did so with the slimmest of margins. It also did not pass based upon citizens vote of confidence, rather, its longstanding, older residents that wanted to remain locked in the past, and hang on to memories of Jerry Lucas making jump shots, Archie Aldridge power dunking, and Adolph Rupp coming for a visit to recruit.
If the city members didn't have all those Section 8 voters going to the polls, living in apartments, it wouldn't have been within 10 points. I stopped at Subway on Roosevelt a few days before the election and saw a sandwich maker catering to three or four Middie basketball players. She had on a pro levy shirt that she said was being handed out by the high school. I asked her why she supported the levy, and knew what the cowsts to be. Without blinking an eye, she said, "its free, the state is paying it all, and damn it, we deserve a new school."
After grabbing my salad, and walking away, I looked her in the eye and asked her if she had an Obama phone. She said, 'yes', and with the Obama contribution, she got an upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy.
Between boosters, and others picking up the tab, there isn't any wonder why the levy passed. Its entitlement, and aged former athletes clinging to the past, still trying to turn the clock back fifty years.
The passage had nothing to do with education, a phsyical need, or cost reduction. It was trying to avoid the clock running out on a dead town, and those in poverty giving a boost to get a new building, because someone else paid the bill.
I love the Middies, but believe in aging gracefully, without Botox, and lingering in the past. Shame on the bossters.      

Only property owners, people with a vested interest should be eligible to vote.

chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 9:52pm
Dean: and you, sir (assuming that you are male) are deluded. just 1chmoore. Strike up the band. "FIRED UP, READY TO GO!"
luke View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 10:01pm
Marcia Andrew indicates Middletown's property values have declined in comparison to other cities hit by the national recession in 2008.

Maybe should read the new city manager's thesis. Housing stock won't be going up in Middletown for 30-40 years.

http:///www.cityofmiddletown.org/docs/commsvc/section8_analysis_2012_1023.pdf

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by luke luke wrote:

Marcia Andrew indicates Middletown's property values have declined in comparison to other cities hit by the national recession in 2008.

Maybe should read the new city manager's thesis. Housing stock won't be going up in Middletown for 30-40 years.

http:///www.cityofmiddletown.org/docs/commsvc/section8_analysis_2012_1023.pdf

This link won't work for me...

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
luke View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 10:55pm
Its your browser, Foxfire works fine.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 11:11pm
Had to copy & paste link into IE 11 to open. Thanx
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 6:28am
Originally posted by chmoore1 chmoore1 wrote:

Dean: and you, sir (assuming that you are male) are deluded. just 1chmoore. Strike up the band. "FIRED UP, READY TO GO!"

ch, can you quell the enthusiasm a tad bit and tell us WHY you voted for the levy when all the data shows us that the Middletown schools are poor performers in every category and any more money given to this district would be a bad investment. You seem to be hesitant in defending your position on your yes vote and seem to be more content to keep repeating yourself with this "fired up, ready to go" crap.

Let's fix the skip in the scratched record and talk about what you saw in this district to make you cast a yes vote. We "no" voters don't understand why anyone would support giving these people more money to waste when the first batch of new buildings haven't produced anything positive.

Do you think the new elementaries have produced so far? If so, tell us about it.

Furthermore, you claim to be retired. Most retired folks are on a limited income and do not welcome additional money outlays from their budget. If you are one of those retired people, why the enthusiasm with the removal of more from a limited income, especially when your money is feeding a dead horse?

We are "fired up and ready to go" to discuss these topics with you.   
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 6:44am
spider:

"Only seems to polarize people and entrench them towards their position"

AND POLARIZED WE ARE.

spider:

"Occasionally the "lawyer" in the lady comes on a little hard,"

STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHICH IS WORSE.....LAWYERS, JUDGES OR POLITICIANS.

spider:

"Time to make this work. New and improved facilities, followed by increased enrollment, improved academic performance and a cleaner community image. Anything less will be viewed as a failed plan imo:

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH IF PAST HISTORY IS ACCURATE. THE LAST BATCH OF NEW FACILITIES HAVEN'T PROVEN TO BE WORTH THE 45 MILLION SPENT. THE SPARSE INDICATORS MET, THE POOR PROFICIENCY SCORES, THE CONTINUAL DECLINING ENROLLMENT AND THE GENERAL DOWNTRODDEN IMAGE FROM OUTSIDERS HAS BEEN WITH US FOR DECADES. SERIOUSLY DOUBT ANY CHANGE WILL COME IN THE NEXT DECADE EITHER. JUST NEW SCHOOLS PRODUCING LOUSY RESULTS. THE BUILDINGS ARE CHANGING FROM OLD TO NEW, BUT THE END PRODUCT OUT THE DOOR IS STILL LOW QUALITY.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 6:59am
Wasn't there some sort of permanent/continuing levy that passed about 5-6 years ago? So this discussion is now to fund an increase on top of that levy?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 8:32am
Here is a very unethical item that I am certain occurred:

An eleventh grader came home from school and told her grandmother that her teacher told her that, if the levy did not pass, there would be no French classes next year.

Now, we know that there are existing facilities for French classes this year, and we know that this construction levy can NOT be used for salaries.

So...what could this possibly have to do with the passage of a school facilities levy??? 
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Bill Bill wrote:

Wasn't there some sort of permanent/continuing levy that passed about 5-6 years ago? So this discussion is now to fund an increase on top of that levy?

Bill,

That continuing (permanent) levy was an "operating" levy, meaning the funds could only be used for salaries, maintenance, supplies, and the like. 

This pending levy is a "facilities construction" levy, meaning it can only be used for the construction of new facilities or remodeling/expanding existing structures within strict guidelines.  

Funds from this levy can NOT be used for salaries, maintenance, or similar ongoing expenses.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:03am
Untrue on maintenance, it included about .5 mil for maintenance within the 4 mil.

But the point on the next levy as to when, is accurate. The city and district will have them coming. A $500,000 property in Scottsdale Az is taxed at about 1700./ annually. A 160,000 house in Middletown is taxed at about 3500., from all the little pizza taxes, many who own NO property pass.

As for your comments on ethics, try $100,000 in donations by the school vendors for parties for parents, tee shirts, and campaign material. Of course, the hubris and disregard for the ordinance that manifested the planting of signage weeks prematurely. Add to it misrepresentation they were getting $40,000,000. for $55,000,000., when they got nothing in Phase 1, and the actual % of state contribution would have increased to nearly 40% in state match, and within 3-4 years out, if the levy failed.

These are significant and serious violations of Ohio Election laws, and those a school board and school district must avoid. I understand formal complaints have been registered at the Ohio Elections Commission. 

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 11:23am
VV: almost as annoying as your BS about "6 of 26 indicators"....that didn't bother you for repeating it for years. What you are not comprehending is---and will continue to blast anyone who has this opinion---that VAIL NEEDS TO BE REPLACED!!!!!! "Oh, now I want it saved. Don't tear it down. I peed there in 1966. It's historic." To answer your statement: I am retired. Even with "limited funds" as you say, I can still spend $10.00/month on the schools. I know, not all property owners can afford $10/month, but since I choose to spend that on our schools, that's what I want to do. Here's a comparison---even though I'm retired---what's my ROI (another what's my one of your annoying phrases) from the Senior Citizens' levy that was passed against my approval, and costs me $6/month? $6/month or $10/month---I want my money to go to schools---not to support a "failed" senior center facility. No discussion on that topic here, is there? Once again, it's "annoying" to have to justify why I voted for the levy---I've explained it enough: VAIL NEEDS TO BE REPLACED and the "no" voters have no way to address that. If you do, EXPLAIN IT; TELL US WHAT YOUR PLAN IS, BESIDES WAIT UNTIL IT'S 100 YEARS OLD AND IN WORSE CONDITION. "6 of 26 indicators": "FIRED UP AND READY TO GO!" It is annoying, isn't it? just 1chmoore, a little under the skin today. Always fun debating you, Vet.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:28pm
Hey, you did respond!! Good for you ch.

Now to the debate, argument, anger, resentment, annoying comments, irritation, smart-a-- comments....anything you want to call it......

ch:
"almost as annoying as your BS about "6 of 26 indicators"...."
WELL, HELL CH, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT ANYMORE, CHANGE THE DAM THING TO REFLECT BETTER NUMBERS. JUST STATING A FACT OF LIFE FOR YOUR LOUSY SCHOOL SYSTEM. IT'S A MESS BUT THE BLIND SUPPORTERS IN DENIAL APPARENTLY THINK IT'S JUST PEACHES. IF THE NUMBERS STAY THE SAME FOR YEARS, WHAT ELSE CAN YOU SAY? MERCY.

ch:
VAIL NEEDS TO BE REPLACED!!!!!! NOW, CH, YOU USED ALL CAPS HERE. STOP SCREAMING AT US..... I BELIEVE THAT WAS MENTIONED BY EITHER YOU OR ONE OF YOUR BUDDIES MONTHS AGO.

REPLACED HUH? BUILDING NEW IS THE ONLY OPTION FOR THE PRO-LEVY GANG. (EVEN THOUGH BUILDING NEW SCHOOLS A FEW YEARS AGO HASN'T DONE JACK SQUAT AS TO IMPROVEMENT)

ch:
"Oh, now I want it saved. Don't tear it down. I peed there in 1966. It's historic

BY GOD, I DID PEE THERE IN 1966! IT IS HISTORIC BUT THAT MEANS NOTHING IN THIS TOWN. DIDN'T WITH ROOSEVELT SCHOOL NOR ANY OF THE ELEMENTARIES. WON'T NOW WITH VAIL EITHER. HATE TO SEE WADE E. MILLER GO MOST OF ALL. NOW THERE IS HISTORY IN THAT GYM AND IT IS A FINE PLACE TO WATCH B_BALL. GOT CHARACTER UNLIKE THE NEWER GYMS BUILT IN THE LAST 20 YEARS.

ch:
To answer your statement: I am retired. Even with "limited funds" as you say, I can still spend $10.00/month on the schools. I know, not all property owners can afford $10/month, but since I choose to spend that on our schools, that's what I want to do.

A NOBLE CAUSE CH. NICE OF YOU TO STILL HAVE FAITH IN YOUR SCHOOL SYSTEM, DESPITE THE POOR STATE OF AFFAIRS WITH PRODUCTION OF A QUALITY PRODUCT. I SUPPOSE ONE CAN STILL CHOOSE TO SUPPORT A LOSER.

ch:
even though I'm retired---what's my ROI (another what's my one of your annoying phrases) from the Senior Citizens' levy that was passed against my approval, and costs me $6/month? $6/month or $10/month---I want my money to go to schools---not to support a "failed" senior center facility

CH, IF I HAVE TO SUPPORT YOUR SCHOOL LEVY, THAT YOU SO TREASURE, TO BE FAIR, SHOULDN'T YOU SUPPORT THE LEVY THAT I BENEFIT FROM? THE ROI IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THOSE WHO INVEST AND WANT SOME TYPE OF DECENT RETURN. CERTAINLY YOU OWN STOCKS AND HAVE SOME SORT OF PORTFOLIO. MOST RETIRED OR APPROACHING RETIREMENT DO. SURELY YOU WANT SOMETHING FOR YOUR MONEY BESIDE A FANCY NEW BUILDING WITH AN INNER LAYER OF FUTILITY DON'T YOU? ALL OF US HAVE RECEIVED NOTHING, NOT DIDDLY SQUAT, AS TO A REWARD FOR THE 45 MILLION YOU APPROVED (I VOTED NO THEN ALSO). JUST AS THE SENIOR CENTER IS YOUR FOCAL POINT OF DISGUST, SO TOO, SO FAR, FOR MY FAMILY, THE SENIORS CENTER, WITH THEIR SERVICES, HAVE IMPRESSED ME MORE FOR MY TAX CONTRIBUTION THAN THE SCHOOLS HAVE DONE IN 3 DECADES OF LEVY APPROVALS. AT LEAST I HAVE SEEN MY SENIOR LEVY MONEY USED TO ACTUALLY IMPROVE THE LIVES OF PEOPLE, WHILE MY LEVY MONEY FOR THE SCHOOLS HAS ONLY RESULTED IN A STAGNATED POOL OF FAILURE.

HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE SENIOR CENTER? DO YOU KNOW THE SERVICES THEY PROVIDE BESIDES THE ACTUAL ACTIVITY INSIDE THE FACILITY SUCH AS THE SOCIALIZATION, THE GAMES AND THE HOT MEALS PROVIDED? WE USE NONE OF THOSE THINGS BECAUSE I CAN'T TAKE MY WIFE OUT DUE TO AN EMERGENCY SITUATION HAPPENING AT ANY TIME, BUT WE CERTAINLY HAVE BENEFITTED FROM THEIR OUTSIDE SERVICES. IF YOU EVER LOSE YOUR MOBIL INDEPENDANCE, YOU MAY BENEFIT ALSO AT SOME FUTURE DATE.

ch:
I want my money to go to schools---not to support a "failed" senior center facility. No discussion on that topic here, is there?

NOPE, EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A CHOICE. LIKEWISE, I DON'T WANT MY MONEY TO GO TO THE "FAILED" SCHOOLS AND WILL SPONSOR THE SENIOR'S CENTER.

ch:
Once again, it's "annoying" to have to justify why I voted for the levy---I've explained it enough: VAIL NEEDS TO BE REPLACED and the "no" voters have no way to address that. If you do, EXPLAIN IT; TELL US WHAT YOUR PLAN IS, BESIDES WAIT UNTIL IT'S 100 YEARS OLD AND IN WORSE CONDITION. "6 of 26 indicators":

WHEN THE "6 OF 26 INDICATORS" FIASCO IMPROVES, IT WILL GO AWAY. PERHAPS SINCE YOU ARE A SCHOOL SUPPORTER, YOU COULD JOIN THEM AND SUGGEST WAYS TO IMPROVE THOSE NUMBERS. I'M BETTING YOU HAVEN'T MADE AN ATTEMPT TO HELP THEM BUT ARE TIRED OF HEARING THAT THEY HAVEN'T MADE PROGRESS. HELP YOUR SCHOOL BUDDIES SOLVE THEIR PROBLEMS CH. REMEMBER, YOU ARE A BIG SCHOOL SUPPORTER. TIME TO SHOW JUST HOW DEDICATED YOU ARE.

ch:
Once again, it's "annoying" to have to justify why I voted for the levy---I've explained it enough: VAIL NEEDS TO BE REPLACED

BUT CH, THIS IS ALL YOU HAVE SAID. IE- THAT VAIL NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. YOU HAVEN'T MADE AN ATTEMPT TO ADDRESS THE OTHER AREAS I HAVE ASKED YOU TO TALK ABOUT. AGAIN, FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME, WHY DID YOU VOTE FOR THE SCHOOL LEVY GIVEN THE POOR SCORES, THE POOR INDICATORS, THE DECLINING ENROLLMENT, THE OHIO SCHOOL RANKING TOWARD THE BOTTOM OF THE 612 SCHOOL LIST, THE KIDS BOLTING FOR OTHER DISTRICTS AND THE POOR EDUCATION QUALITY PRODUCED AS PERCEIVED BY PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE DISTRICT. NO ONE COMING INTO THE DISTRICT BUT PEOPLE STREAMING OUT. .....ALL OF THESE THINGS YOU HAVE FAILED TO ADDRESS OR ARE INTENTIONALLY AVOIDING BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO ANSWERS.

ch:
FIRED UP AND READY TO GO!" It is annoying, isn't it?

BUT NOT AS ANNOYING AS WATCHING PEOPLE VOTE FOR A LEVY, SWALLOWING EVERYTHING THE SUPERINTENDENT, THE SCHOOL BOARD AND THE TEACHERS SAY HOOK LINE AND SINKER. THOSE WHO BUY THEIR CRAP ARE GULLIBLE, TO SAY THE LEAST.

THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:33pm
Moore, while I am sure VV can address your concerns and issues in his vote for the senior citizens center, which I was appalled and outraged property owners bailed out their failure to attract a thousand members, over bought land, and tore down a building, and completely mismanaged it fiscally, you are misguided and stating inaccurate facts associated with the NO opposition.

Mike Presta was on the committee whom evaluated options, and indicated many had laid forth an opposing strategy that was ignored and given no consideration. So, the failure begins with the committee, that brought forth the only alternative to vote union----that being, to destroy buildings, and rebuild, or to let Vail stay in place, and also land associated with Verity and its superior condition and added inconvenience when consolidated and causing inconvenience for those located in its area presently.

Further, I called the Managing Director of Finance at the Ohio Facilities Commission and spoke for nearly 30 minutes on Middletown, what % match would be expected if the levy failed, and when Middletown would receive it. The response was nearly 40% on MATCH, and increase of nearly 14% of the poor rate in 2003 that was entered into contractually, and Middletown would be back in line for receipt in 4-5 years. Hence, the solution was to DEFEAT the levy, get a better deal on the 3 year average, and re-evaluate costs according to Middletown's shrinking population. I add....this was before all the additional materially damning data the Journal, specifically Rick McCrabb, Eric Robinette, and others, with-held.

Therefore, you and voters were provided countless options for consideration, which were ignored, and buried by the noise, completely untruthful and devoid of FACT, the matching fund went away. A better deal was on the way, as a matter of fact.

Walnut Hills has a school built in the late 1800's, and in use, and enjoying an EXCELLENT rating. Sadly, MCSD did not take care of Vail, just as the city has not taken care of its roads and infrastructure.

You can vote for every levy know to mankind, for whatever the reason. But your cavalier attitude and insults associated with "idiot"terminology for disagreeing with you are repugnant, insulting, and dilute any meaningful degree of credibility you, or others, have, associated with this vote, or any in the future. Combine that cavalier spirit with deplorable tactics associated with the election, signage, and other factors, all disrespect and dishonor shown by many YES supporters, has caused acrimony that will have ramifications far into the future.

I'll let you and VV discuss the Vail urinal.

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 3:54pm
VV: First off, I think that I always replied. Never tried to avoid it. 2nd: You have no idea how I've supported the system through my life. I need not--and will not---go into details. Good catch on the capitalization---since it's a deviance from my norm.   I did it for effect, since I saw the need to "yell"; apparently you don't get it unless I yell. I have nothing against the Senior Center and its levy. I wanted to use that as an example of how we all can't get what we want all the time. Hopefully for the last time, I find value for my contribution (tax money) in having a new building over a 100 year-old, inefficient building that has no option at this point than getting older and more outdated. By the way, the OSFC states that if costs over 2/3rds (66%) to renovate, rather than build new---if they are participating in the construction costs---they recommend new. Without a long discussion about the process to convince the OSFC otherwise, it is extremely difficult to do that. Cincinnati Public has done that with several buildings, but had to pay a lot more for all of the LFIs (locally funded initiatives). Perhaps with the new middle school being built, the board will agree to alternatives to demolition of dear old MHS/Vail/MMS. A qualified buyer was never found for Roosevelt; it didn't work well years ago for Maple Park, Sherman and "old" Amanda. just 1chmoore--still retired, not Smartman or Marcia, and still have an opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic