Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, April 19, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown 4th of July Parade - Event Date: Jul 04 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by acclaro acclaro wrote:

VV, I may be wrong, but it resembles Bill Akers Sr., but can't tell if those are glasses he is wearing. Nice car- 1965 corvette isn't it.

Not a 65 model. Looks like the old Route 66 show with Martin Milner (can't think of the other guys name) which featured a model year somewhere between 1958 and 1962. 62 was the last year for the body style shown in the picture. 1963 started the new body style with the split window, moving to a single glass pain for the back window in 1964, 65,66 and 67. The "Mako shark" body style started in 1968 and continued thru the last year in 1983. In 84 they changed body styles yet again but wasn't a very good looking design IMO.

I had a 73 Vette I bought when I got out of military and currently have an 80 model stored in the garage. Quit following the body styles after the 83 model as I was really disappointed in the 84 style. Current body style is ok but the cost of the new Vettes are way beyond my wallet.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 8:26pm
FactGuy: I'm still trying to figure out where this would be in Middletown, based on the limited number of right hand turns in the previous parades. Would you share with us where you found the picture? Thanks. just 1 chmoore.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 8:58pm
The car is mine until I sold it about 12 years ago/ Borrowed many time for local parades; friend took the picture; no idea where picture is from, Lebanon, Monroe, Franklin, or Middletown (or Miamisburg). 
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 9:35pm
Factguy: thank you. Now I can sleep better because I don't have to go through my mind of all the intersections on different parade routes in Middletown. Keep up the good work, and stay positive. just 1chmoore.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 10:15pm
Will do....+++!

By the way- its a 61.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 4:36am
Sorry, Factless guy, but that is NOT a 1961 Corvette!!!  The grille and other front end features are all wrong.  You obviously didn't own the car in the picture or you would've known what year 'Vette it was.

What else do you lie about???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Factguy Factguy wrote:

Here is the front end of a 1961 Corvette:
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 7:09am
looks like a 1960 vette or 59,for sure its not a 61... LOL
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 7:24am
Mike Presta: get those glasses of yours checked. First, I said I sold mine, and therefore, you  are correct, I don't own a 1961 vette I used to own now. Check the circular design on each car at base of the grille. Mine, the blue one, is a 61 model, and Corvette had the same body style from 58-62, and changed to the sloped back at center rear in 63.

What conspiracy don't you believe? Drive down to the corvette museum in Bowling Green and check out a 1961 corvette and you will see the body style for 58-62 are the same. Maybe you think its a 59 and I am not being truthful? Really dim. Was asked where the car was and I said in a parade in southwestern Ohio, and you go nuts. Get a grip Presta.

Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 7:39am
1957- one head light.

luke View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:16am
Corvette had multiple dates (twice) for the same body type. A 1960 design, could have a manufacturer year date of 61. Very little changed in the four years this model was out, the front grille was about it, and the signature on hood and the signature flags. I believe the engine size was same for all four years. The grille could also be retrofit from 57-58 to later years through 62. Body design same as 58-61, with a manufacturing date through 62. 
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:37am
It is a 1958.  100%

Wanna know how I know?

Says its owner, Eric Martin.
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:41am
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:42am
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:47am
Love the palm trees.  Must be the Lebanon parade!

The photos are from the Cocoa Beach Astronaut Corvette Parade on May 7, 2011.  The man in this particular corvette is Astronaut Scott Carpenter, who died last October.

Once a nut job, always a nut job.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:01am
Rhodes, you proved the point how musa is full of conspiracy theories. All it took was copying a google image, and bam, here the conspiracy nuts come. You got the back-end off google image, same as I pulled front just to see how long someone would pounce. The second car is a 1961. Nice photoshop of the google image R. Shooting fish in barrel.  
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:09am
Only a nut job would get caught in another lie and say they were just testing the waters.  Right click on both photos.  I didn't upload either one.  They're both from USA Today/Reuters.  Must be where your friend works.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:19am
Wrong Rhodes. Just put a picture up, no text.

' Apparently my post on March 2nd flew right over some of your heads.  I already uncovered the FRAUD of the FAKE tunnel photo and posted the original image itself.

Mr. Presta, the "Nice find" pat on the head should have been given to me.  I'm surprised you slipped on that one, you're usually more thorough"

True Detective readers LOL.
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:28am
You don't seem to understand what a conspiracy theory is.  It's something that sounds almost believable if you remove a lot of reason.  It's not a conspiracy theory when it is a fact and easily provable.

Thanks for quoting my old posts.  That was a fun one.  Must have been the last time you were caught.  Oh, now see what I just did?  That would be a conspiracy, yet not that much of a stretch!
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:33am
Come on Rhodes, everyone at city hall should be in jail according to most for breaking the law, with no facts, Duke bills paid by city, kick backs, back room deals. Double standard. Isn't HUD vouchers supposed to be gone in Middletown today, next week, next month, a year from now. Spinning is all it is. 
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:15am
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:10pm
http://youtu.be/wq-poN6sLF8
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:48pm
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 12:59am
Sorry again, FactlessGuy, but my glasses are just fine and, unlike you, I have a firm grip on the FACTS!!!

Once again, the car in the picture that YOU submitted is NOT a 1961 Corvette as YOU claimed it was.   The grille and other front end features ( the chrome letters "C-O-R-V-E-T-T-E" and the crossed flags emblem) are all wrong. You obviously didn't own the car in the picture (as YOU claimed that you did) or you would've known what year 'Vette it was.  

What else do you lie about??? 

It's hard to argue with the TRUTH!!!
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 9:28am
Presta, the picture was put up to see how all you naysayers would try to find fault- it worked. There was no text. A question was asked where was the parade, when there was nothing that even had text indicating were it was. Next, someone asked date. That led to simple text, 61. You wasted 30 minutes researching year made, checking conspiracy. Point made, plant a trial balloon, and the wild theories and claims come to front. Strange you talk about facts, call Doug Adkins a liar, and he is promoted. Discredited, busted Presta. The graveyard of failed politicians.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic