Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Tuesday, March 19, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Treasurer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Treasurer
    Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 7:23am

Posted: 4:41 p.m. Thursday, June 12, 2014

Middletown board selects next treasurer

By Rick McCrabb

Staff Writer

MIDDLETOWN 

Randy Bertram, the treasurer at Northwest District in Hamilton County for six years, was given “a slight edge” over the other candidate to be Middletown’s next school treasurer.

Marcia Andrew, president of the Middletown City Schools District, said Bertram was offered the position after the board met in executive session following interviews Tuesday night in the City Building. She said the board is entering into negotiations with Bertram, and hope to have a contract finalized before the next school board meeting on June 30.

Bertram could start his job on Aug. 1, the day after treasurer Kelley Thorpe’s resignation becomes official, Andrew said. Thorpe is retiring for “personal reasons,” she said.

Andrew said the district was impressed with both candidates, Bertram and Teresa Napier, treasurer at New Richmond District since 1995. But since Bertram works at a larger district than Middletown and he’s familiar with the area, he was the choice, she said.

Andrew said those who attended the public forum told the board they felt both candidates would be good fit in Middletown. After the interview, Rick Pearce, president of the Chamber serving Middletown, Monroe and Trenton and moderator of the interviews, collected the comment sheets and gave them to Andrew. The board then went into executive session where members were scheduled to discuss the candidates.

Bertram, of Waynesville, also has served as treasurer at Lebanon and Edgewood for two years each, and served as assistant treasurer in Hamilton and Xenia.

He called himself “a small-town guy” and said he’d be more comfortable working in Middletown, and it would reduce his work travel time in half.

Bertram said he left every district in a “far better place” after he served as their treasurer.

Since Bertram has worked in two Butler County school districts he owns “a great understanding” of the needs of its students, he said.

He also said the districts where he has worked have passed four emergency levies in four attempts.

“I have a proven track record,” he said.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 9:00am
"Andrew said the district was impressed with both candidates, Bertram and Teresa Napier, treasurer at New Richmond District since 1995. But since Bertram works at a larger district than Middletown and he’s familiar with the area, he was the choice, she said."

SO, THE CRITERIA FOR CHOOSING A NEW TREASURER IS WORKING FOR A LARGER SCHOOL DISTRICT AND BEING FAMILIAR WITH THE AREA, NOT THE GUY'S COMPETENCY LEVEL AND PRODUCTION.

AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY.....

"He also said the districts where he has worked have passed four emergency levies in four attempts.
“I have a proven track record,” he said."

A PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF GETTING LEVIES PASSED BUT WHAT ABOUT SAVING THE DISTRICTS MONEY THROUGH FRUGAL SPENDING ADVICE AND PRACTICES?

DID YOU CALL HAMILTON, XENIA, NORTHWEST, LEBANON AND EDGEWOOD TO ASSURE YOU'RE GETTING A DECENT CANDIDATE? DIDN'T READ THAT IN THE STORY. BOTTOM LINE....HOW WELL DID YOU CHECK THIS GUY OUT BEFORE THE APPROVAL?

PASSING SCHOOL LEVIES IS THE PRIMARY REASON FOR HIRING ANYONE IN THE SCHOOLS NOWADAYS. QUALIFICATIONS, PAST HISTORY, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, COMPETENCY.....NON OF THAT COUNTS.....JUST PASSING LEVIES. TERRIFIC. NICE FOCUS ON WHAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT.

DOES ANYTHING ACTUALLY CHANGE IN THIS SCHOOL DISTRICT BESIDE BUILDING NEW BUILDINGS THAT PRODUCE NOTHING BETTER?

I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 9:56am
I was on the panel asking ?s to the candidates, asked 3 of which I went off their list on all of them.
We were also asked to fill out a comment sheet about our impressions and preferences
I liked both--thought both to be very qualified--and had no preference

public attendance was nil
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 9:04pm
Again, I ask the question of the people participating in the system, be they attendees asking questions of the candidates, the school board members who went into executive session or any other person who had a part in the selection...

DID ANYONE CALL THE FORMER DISTRICTS TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE MAN'S JOB PERFORMANCE OR ASK IF HE HAD ANY INFRACTIONS LIKE THE FORMER TREASURER HAD.....IE, ANY BAGGAGE? SAME WOULD GO WITH A SUPER SELECTION. IF A FEW CALLS WERE MADE BEFORE PRICE WAS SELECTED, PERHAPS HE WOULD NEVER HAVE MADE IT TO THE MIDDLETOWN SCHOOLS AND DONE SO MUCH DAMAGE. DIDN'T TAKE LONG FOR THE MISSOURI SCHOOL (HAZELTON?) (I THINK THAT'S CORRECT) TO DISMISS HIM.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:13am
One concern that I would have is that two of his positions only lasted 2 years; I believe that most treasurers' initial contracts are for either 2 or 3 years. Non-renewed or left on his own after two years. He states that he left each district in better shape than he found it: in 2 years? The candidate from New Richmond has been in one district for almost 20 years.    just 1chmoore.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 11:00am
wow--surprised to read all of the current concern and interest after the process.

As one who was there and involved, I ?ed both candidates as to how they would deal with up-coming projected deficits(2018?) due to operations spikes, how they might get involved with thev$$ losses due to enrollment exodus and the growing popularity of charter schools and home schooling, and finally--why they had a desire to come here.

Public interest/involvement simply didn't exist despite publicizing the process. I saw no one from this forum present during the ?ing/interview process, and read no feedback here or anywhere else about the process or either candidate.

I found both candidates to be likeable and qualified--both with excellent records at their current and prior locations(fact-checking being the responsibility of the BOE imo).

I made no preference, and was not surprised by the choice due to the proximity of the chosen candidate.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 11:34am
"As one who was there and involved, I ?ed both candidates as to how they would deal with up-coming projected deficits(2018?) due to operations spikes, how they might get involved with thev$$ losses due to enrollment exodus and the growing popularity of charter schools and home schooling, and finally--why they had a desire to come here"

THANK YOU SPIDER. YOUR COMMENTS ADD MORE INFORMATION AS TO WHAT WAS ASKED OF THE CANDIDATES. THE ARTICLE MADE NO REFERENCE AS TO SPECIFIC AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION.

"fact-checking being the responsibility of the BOE imo"

BINGO!!!! THAT IS MY REASON FOR THE POSTS......DID ANYONE ON THE SCHOOL BOARD MAKE SOME CALLS TO GET SOME FACTS CONCERNING THE SELECTED CANDIDATES JOB PERFORMANCE AT HIS OTHER PLACES OF EMPLOYMENT?....OR DO THEY WANT TO GET BURNT AGAIN LIKE THEY DID IN HIRING THORPE?

ACCORDINGLY,

HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD MAKE SOME CALLS TO CHECK OUT THE JOB PERFORMANCE, PRICE AND RELIABILITY OF A CONTRACTOR WHO YOU WANT TO DO SOME CONCRETE OR ELECTRICAL WORK. HOW ABOUT A QUALITY PAINTER BEFORE THEY PAINT YOUR HOUSE? THINKING ABOUT SIDING YOUR HOUSE? YOU'D CALL AT LEAST THREE SIDING COMPANIES BEFORE AGREEING ON THE RIGHT ONE, WOULDN'T YOU? THAT'S ALOT OF MONEY YOU'RE SHELLING OUT. BETTER MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE. SAME GOES FOR ANY BIG TICKET POSITION LIKE THE TREASURERS JOB. ALOT OF MONEY IN SALARY AND BENNIES PACKAGE TO MAKE A MISTAKE IN NOT CHECKING THEM OUT THOROUGHLY. FAIRLY IMPORTANT JOB DIRECTING ALL THE MONEY ISSUES TOO, RIGHT? COMPETENCY PLAYS OUT HERE ALSO.

AND NO, I WASN'T THERE BUT I SEE NO HARM IN QUESTIONING THE METHOD USED TO SELECT THE CANDIDATE AND ASKING IF ANYONE CHECKED OUT THEIR CREDENTIALS THROUGH THEIR PREVIOUS EMPLOYERS.
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 4:10pm
I'm rarely on the side of the establishment on here but geez louise Viet Vet-first off, why are you thinking that the watse of paper that is the Journal is giving you even close to the full story of the hiring process??? Second-I understand not everyone can make these public sessions but NOBODY showed so why blame the board for assuming a lack of interest. And, finally, what do you expect them to do-parade every candidate to YOUR doorstep so you can interrogate them? Fer cryin' out loud man, they have to choose someone-at least they looked outside their own little fiefdom-unlike a certain other party...
bette View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 5:56am
Actually they did hire from the fiefdom. Bertram used to work with Ison at Lebanon - as did several other new administrators hired this year.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 6:09am
FMRMIDE81:
"but geez louise Viet Vet-first off, why are you thinking that the watse of paper that is the Journal is giving you even close to the full story of the hiring process??? "

I AM FULLY AWARE THAT THE JOURNAL HAS NO INVESTIGATIVE SKILLS, TELLS ONLY WHAT IT IS TOLD TO SAY BY THE CITY AND IS A SHADOW OF ITSELF. THAT IS WHY I BELIEVE I THANKED SPIDER FOR PROVIDING SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND MENTIONED THAT HIS INFORMATION WAS NOT IN THE ARTICLE. I QUIT TAKING THE JOURNAL BACK IN THE 80'S BY THE WAY.

FMRMIDE81:
"Second-I understand not everyone can make these public sessions but NOBODY showed so why blame the board for assuming a lack of interest. And, finally, what do you expect them to do-parade every candidate to YOUR doorstep so you can interrogate them? Fer cryin' out loud man, they have to choose someone-at least they looked outside their own little fiefdom-unlike a certain other party... "

I AM NOT BLAMING THE BOARD FOR A LACK OF INTEREST. I MERELY ASKED IF ANYONE PICKED UP THE PHONE AND CALLED THE MAN'S PAST EMPLOYERS TO INQUIRE IN MORE DETAIL. IF YOU WERE ON THE HIRING COMMITTEE, WOULD YOU BELIEVE ALL THAT IS ON A RESUME? IF HIRING FOR AN IMPORTANT POSITION, WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO BE THOROUGH AND CHECK OUT EVERY ASPECT YOU COULD, BEING AS CAREFUL AS POSSIBLE IN YOUR SELECTION PROCESS? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ASKING QUESTIONS OUTSIDE THE NORM? IT'S THE TAXPAYER MONEY YOU ARE USING TO PAY THE GUY'S SALARY AND BENNIES. THE SCHOOL BOARD IS SUPPOSE TO BE OBLIGATED TO THE PEOPLE PAYING THE BILLS, BUT, OF COURSE, THE ONLY TIME THEY RECOGNIZE THE PEOPLE IS AT LEVY TIME. WE ALL KNOW THAT.....SO DO THEY.

YES, "THEY HAD TO CHOOSE SOMEONE". WHAT IS WRONG WITH MAKING THE CHOICE A CONFIDENT ONE? ....WHAT IS WRONG WITH HOLDING YOUR PUBLIC OFFICIALS ACCOUNTABLE FOR MAKING A COMPETENT DECISION ONCE IN A WHILE. LORD KNOWS, THE FREQUENCY OF GOOD JUDGEMENT IS FEW AND FAR BETWEEN IN THIS TOWN AS TO DECISION MAKING. OH, AND IT AIN'T MY JOB TO INTERROGATE THEM AND I CERTAINLY DON'T WANT THEM ON MY DOORSTEP, BUT, IF I GIVE A CRAP, IT IS MY JOB TO QUESTION THEIR SELECTION SYSTEM. DID YOU WANT THEM TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THEY MADE WITH THORPE OR DO YOU WANT THEM TO BE A TAD BIT MORE ENGAGING THIS TIME?
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 7:47am
Didn't want to go here but:
APPARENTLY YOU'RE JUST ANOTHER LOUD MOUTH JERK WHO LIKES TO RUN HIS MOUTH OFF ABOUT STUFF BUT NEVER ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING TO IMPROVE THE SITUATIONS YOU LOVE TO BEMOAN. SO UNTIL YOU'RE READY TO ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING OTHER THAN OVER-CAPITALIZED CRAP MAYBE IT'S TIME TO STEP BACK AND REALIZE THAT YOU'RE AS MUCH OF THE PROBLEM AS THOSE YOU WHINE ABOUT.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 11:44am
Originally posted by FmrMide81 FmrMide81 wrote:

Didn't want to go here but:
APPARENTLY YOU'RE JUST ANOTHER LOUD MOUTH JERK WHO LIKES TO RUN HIS MOUTH OFF ABOUT STUFF BUT NEVER ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING TO IMPROVE THE SITUATIONS YOU LOVE TO BEMOAN. SO UNTIL YOU'RE READY TO ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING OTHER THAN OVER-CAPITALIZED CRAP MAYBE IT'S TIME TO STEP BACK AND REALIZE THAT YOU'RE AS MUCH OF THE PROBLEM AS THOSE YOU WHINE ABOUT.

I HAVE EXPLAINED A FEW TIMES WHY THE CAPITALIZATION OF THE POSTS. AGAIN, SOMEONE ALONG TIME AGO SUGGESTED THAT I DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN THE QUOTES IN MY POST AND MY RESPONSES. I CHOSE TO DO IT USING THE CAPS. SIMPLE AS THAT.

Now, as to the "loud mouth jerk who likes to run his mouth" comment. Son, if you want to talk about it in more detail, just go to the private messenger and we'll set up a place to meet to talk about your viewpoints as to the person you think I am.

I have not even approached damaging this city as those that I "whine" about. Been here to see more of this town than you Middie 81.

Someone crap on your Wheaties today bud?
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 8:28pm
I've quite for a long time. And for good reason. Vet, why don't you retire south and leave us alone. Good Lord, If you are so damn concerned, why not attend the interviews and voice your opinion. I'll stay with your wife since that is your reason always, just for your to hear whats happening and for you to shut up!!! You know what they say....You can't complain if you don't vote. This the same thing. It's time for you and your attitude to just shut up. That includes the schools and the city. We would all be better without you. JMO!!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Smartman Smartman wrote:

I've quite for a long time. And for good reason. Vet, why don't you retire south and leave us alone. Good Lord, If you are so damn concerned, why not attend the interviews and voice your opinion. I'll stay with your wife since that is your reason always, just for your to hear whats happening and for you to shut up!!! You know what they say....You can't complain if you don't vote. This the same thing. It's time for you and your attitude to just shut up. That includes the schools and the city. We would all be better without you. JMO!!

Smartman! Where have you been? Was wondering when you would show up and voice your views from the city's side of things.

Nope, not ready to retire and won't head south bud. Gonna stick around and torment you and and your city pals. No doubt, I do complain and, yep, I do vote. My attitude is just fine....actually based on reality. Don't know what you're looking at as to town condition here.

As long as the schools and the city are screwed up, if not me, there will be others who see the truth concerning what is occuring here. Vivian's brought a truckload of documents to the table for you to see the truth. You, on the other hand, seem easily swayed by the city leader spin on things.

Better without me you say? I would bet that more people are on my side of the fence as to city condition than are willing to accept your interpretation of what is happening here. Sadly, most don't care or know nothing about the city cluster.

Just "shut up","time for you and your attitude to shut up", "leave us alone", "retire south" and "be better without you" huh. Wow, now that's some "brutal" talk Smartman, although a tad bit juvenile in nature. Did you post this or did an elementary kid write this?
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 10:38pm
VV: now you know elementary kids in Middletown can't spell or put a complete sentence together. You remind us all the time. Must be one of the MUM voters that posted it.   Hey, Smartman! Glad you're back. I had to do double duty without you here.   just 1chmoore.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 6:19am
ch--- here's the situation as I see it. I was making comments concerning the method used to decide the choice of treasurer. I suggested and asked if a more thorough inquiry had been made before the actual offer was put on the table.

Members from your side of the fence, Fmr Mid 81 and Smartman, chose to make it a personal matter with their post comments. They were not targeted by me in my posts but they decided to target me on a personal level. They sent the first salvos and I responded using the personal attack method they introduced. It really doesn't matter to me how we play the game.

ch:

"VV: now you know elementary kids in Middletown can't spell or put a complete sentence together. You remind us all the time"

NO, ACTUALLY, THE PROFICIENCY TESTS REMIND ALL OF US ALL THE TIME. WHEN ARE YOUR EDUCATION FRIENDS IN THEIR NEW SCHOOLS GOING TO FIX THE PROBLEM?

"I had to do double duty without you here."

AND YOU WERE A DYNAMO DOING IT TOO CH.

You guys start the fire and I'll fan the flames.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 7:12am
It's the way that these hitmen work, Vet---when trying to defend the in-defensible, go in to personal attack mode

Smartman thought that by outing my identity would some how hurt or silence me and help the school system to benefit his family. Nothing wrong with looking out for family, but didn't bother me in the least. And his chosen method really didn't play that well with anyone.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 5:42pm
IMO, KEEP ON GIVING THOSE GOOD FOR NOTHING IDIOTS HELL!!!!   VET~!!!! Thumbs Up
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 6:12am
Well crap! Where did our pals go on this discussion? I kinda miss doing verbal battle with 'em. C'mon Smartman and Fmr Mid 81, show us what you got. Gotta have more of your hit and run tactics. Still waiting for someone in the schools and city building to tell you who to attack and what to say?
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 11:48pm
Smartman you aren't too smart for the comment about Vet having to stay with his wife as being his "excuse" for not attending things Is hitting below the belt what a turd you are. I hope that you never have to face anything like what he has gone through.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:47pm
The new treasurer saga continues......

MIDDLETOWN

Board approves Bertram as new Middletown treasurer

MIDDLETOWN —
A little more than a year after the top Middletown schools official was hired, the district will take on a new chief financial officer.

The Middletown School Board of Education earlier this week approved the contract for Randy Bertram, the soon-to-be former treasurer of the Northwest School District, and a former colleague of Sam Ison when the two worked in the Lebanon School District.

Bertram will officially start on Aug. 1 to replace the retiring Kelly Thorpe, but will begin his tenure in earnest later this month, shadowing the exiting treasurer in hopes of a smooth transition between fiscal officers. He will earn $114,000.

“As we learn about the community more and more, it certainly does excite us,” said Bertram, who was pleased to have unanimous support from the board. He had worked in Edgewood and Hamilton school districts. “I’m really looking forward to coming back to Butler County.”

In addition to his base salary, according to Bertram’s contract, the school board agrees to contribute into a retirement account — $2,000 on July 31, 2015, $3,000 on July 31, 2016 and $4,000 on July 31, 2017 — provided he’s still employed by the district. He is also eligible for up to a 5 percent increase of his base salary annually. The actual percentage of any increase of Bertram’s base salary is dependent on goals to be achieved.

The school district received more than a dozen applications to replace Thorpe, and the school board interviewed three candidates. Two candidates were selected for additional rounds of interviews.

Ison said Bertram is coming from the Northwest Local School District, which is slightly larger than Middletown, “and that will serve him well with Middletown’s challenges.”

In addition to serving as the treasurer for Northwest district in Hamilton County for six years, Bertram was the treasurer for Lebanon and Edgewood schools and served as the assistant treasurer in Hamilton and Xenia school districts. He said he’s in the process of relocating to Middletown and was attracted to the city because it’s a smaller community.

Board member, the Rev. Gregory Tyus, acknowledged the departing and incoming treasurers.

“Thank you to Mrs. Thorpe for her work that she’s done for our district, and welcome to Mr. Bertram with the wealth of knowledge I know he has to offer our district,” he said.

Thorpe has served as the Middletown district’s treasurer since Aug. 1, 2011. She will resign on July 31, when her contract expires. She will leave the district earning $84,150 a year

SO, BERTRUM IS FRIENDS WITH ISON. ONE HIRING CRITERIA.

BERTRUM WILL BE MAKING $114,000 WHILE THE DEPARTING TREASURER MADE $84, 150.....QUITE A LARGE DESCREPANCY IN PAYOUT FOR THE DISTRICT. DOES BERTRUM HAVE THAT MUCH MORE EXPERTISE AS COMPARED TO THORPE?

STILL DON'T KNOW IF THE SCHOOL BOARD CALLED ANYONE WHO COULD VOUCH FOR BERTRUM'S PERFORMANCE AT NORTHWEST, HAMILTON, EDGEWOOD, XENIA OR LEBANON. CERTAINLY ENOUGH OPPORTUNITY THERE TO CHECK HIM OUT BEFORE HIRING HIM......BUT, PERHAPS TOO MUCH TROUBLE TO PICK UP THE TELEPHONE AND INQUIRE. DON'T KNOW.

AND YEAH SMARTMAN, I HAVEN'T RETIRED AND MOVED, FORMER MIDDIE 81, I'M STILL THE LOUDMOUTH JERK YOU LABELED ME, AND, I'M STILL ASKING THOSE QUESTIONS I WAS HOPING THE SCHOOL BOARD WOULD HAVE ASKED, BUT ALWAYS FAILS TO DO SO. NOW, I AWAIT THE NEXT BARRAGE FROM THE SCHOOL SUPPORTERS WHO CAN'T SEEM TO SEE THE FUTILITY IN THEIR LITTLE DISTRICT AND WHO LIKE TO TAKE OUT THEIR LITTLE FRUSTRATIONS ON THE FOLKS WHO CALL IT AS IT IS.   

STATING IT NOW... GIVEN HIS HISTORY OF MOVING FROM PLACE TO PLACE LISTED ABOVE, BERTRUM WON'T BE HERE MORE THAN 3 YEARS, ESPECIALLY WHEN HE FINDS OUT THAT THIS DISTRICT IS LIKE NO OTHER......IN MANY WAYS.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic