Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LAYOFF 11 FIREFIGHTERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Trotwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Trotwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 12:18am
Let me remind you all that you get what you pay for. Want a sh*tty police dept? Stop passing levies.
eastsider View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastsider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 10:26am
Sad day for the City of Middletown!  Especially if you live in the northeastern district/part of city.  You no longer have a fire truck or medic unit to service your fire/ems emergencies and will wait for a company from downtown.  I HOPE it is in service when you need it!  I know some of you didnt vote for the public safety levy and some did, not here to argue that, but it passed and staffing levels were promised to be status quo!

bright past....and such a brighter future! JOKE!!!!

Dean View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 10:35am
The most vulgar, dispeccable behavior seen in Middletown were fire fighting employees acting as thugs, threatening Josh Laubach when he was attempting to have a peaceful, intelligent exchange, on SR5.
No pity nor empathy for these guys, none. 20% fire fighters putting out brush fires, 80% runs with 2-3 trucks taking folks to Atrium. They burnt their own bridge pre SR5.    
ashkicker View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashkicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 4:51pm
Dean,

Which threats were you talking about? I didn't see them, of course I was on the inside looking out.

"Pity nor empathy for these guys"? What about the people living on that end of town? Brush fires? A couple of Middletown citizens die in fires and you call them brush fires?

2-3 trucks talking folks to Atrium? Do you have any idea how the fire department runs? Stop in a station (not station 4) and ask your questions, anybody there will be happy to address your concerns.

So the Union is willing to play ball allowing in part timers (at a cost savings to the city and a monetary loss to the Union) but are concerned about the staffing model (a non monetary issue)and you think we're being thugs?

Ashkicker
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 9:56pm
"The union is allowing part timers" Ashkicker, who do you people think you are? You will allow it? Do you live in the city of Middletown? How many of you live in Middletown? I get so tired of your union thug tactics. You all orchestrated an election and the candidates you worked so hard for turned their backs on you. Clap Get it through your heads.....we, as a city, can't afford it anymore. Go get a job in another city or, perhaps the one you live in, and shake them down. 
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 10:13pm
Dean is right. If there wasn't any scaremongering about sb5 we wouldn't  even be having this conversation now. Ashkicker, if you union guys were all for one and one for all as you say then, why not take a pay cut to keep your union brothers employed? It just seems you all are concerned with keeping the city safe and you care so much that you would do anything you could do to keep the city safe. That is your mantra. You want to keep the city safe. If you are so invested in it take a paycut. whenever you want a safety levy passed you ask the taxpayers to take a paycut. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 6:33am
Seriously, isn't the city responsible for lying to the public? Remember, THE CITY LEADERS SAID that if we passed the safety levy the manpower count would remain the same. THE CITY LEADERS changed their minds AFTER the levy was passed and another lie was told to the people.

Look, this city must have the capability to put out fires and save lives and dealing with the criminals. With the ramp up of crime and drugs, CREATED BY THE CITY LEADERS with their over-saturation of low income Section 8 and the varying types of people the program typically attracts, we need the cops at full force to handle the ghetto activity this town is now seeing. Ya can't create more work and expect to cover that work adequately with less people. Bassackwards. Typical management nonsense.

IMO, the target is not the fire folks or the police. The target of the frustration of this whole situation should be focused on those who created the situation.......the CITY LEADERS.

If money is the issue with the city claiming they can't afford any increases to the union bargaining points, if they are asking the union to make some cuts to save money, why isn't the city building side of the negotiations also cutting manpower and salaries? Is this bargaining in good faith coming from the city's side of things? How about BOTH sides taking an equal hit in numbers and salary and BOTH sharing equally in the monetary misery? Shouldn't the theme be whatever it takes to place the situation in the realm of affordability for all concerned? The city shows the police and fire the financial books with revenue coming in and expenditures going out with the cuts in salary and poitions made to indicate money saved and the fire/police agreeing to a similar situation in their area. Now is the time for BOTH SIDES to give concessions. Neither should be asked to bear the total burden of the financial hits. We know what the fire and police have been asked to do. What, in detail, has the city done as their share in this? I see hiring going on perodically in the Econ. Dev Dept and in the Council Meeting notes. Why is the city building hiring and, at the same time, asking the fire and police to take hits? I'd rather have another fireman than a papershuffling admin manager in Econ. Dev. doing little to nothing each day.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
ashkicker View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ashkicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 2:18pm
Middiemom,

"Allow", yes that is the correct term. As a Union, we have a contract with the city. Our contract is for full time employees. That contract runs until December 31, 2014. The city can't use part-timers per the contract unless the Union agrees or "allows" them. The city can negotiate part-timers for the contract beginning January 1, 2015 and could ultimately be awarded that provision in arbitration. Until a new contract is in place, the Union has a voice in protecting provision of the current contract.

Pay cuts. See above. We have a pay structure in place until December 31, 2014. How many people do you know that voluntarily give up part of their pay? With no pay raise in at least 6 years and possibly for 2 more years coupled with a greater health insurance premium, that does translate into a shrinking pay check. Where does giving back end? Reading some posts on this board, fire fighters only deserve minimum wage paychecks. If we gave back 5%, people here would complain that we didn't give back 10%. If we gave back 10%, they would want 15%, etc.
I believe the pay is equal to job we are asked to do.

Anti-levy people were quick to point out how much fire fighters earn in a year and Middletown citizens STILL passed the last levy overwhelming. To this point in the year, city revenue is up $600,000.

With 70+ people in an organization there is sure to be one or two individuals that rub people the wrong way. For that I truly apologize. Some members are frustrated by the passage of a levy only to be followed by a cut to YOUR fire department.

Personally where I live shouldn't make a difference, but you seem to think it does. To that end, I do not live in Middletown. I shop in Middletown, eat in Middletown and play in Middletown. Funny thing, living outside of Middletown doesn't make me immune from Middletown payroll taxes. So I guess I'm "shaking" myself down. I'll yell at myself later for that.

Ashkicker
Dean View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 3:31pm
70 people in your organization rub people the wrong way including you.

Cut the fire department. A few years ago, my mother had a stomach ache while staying at The Gables. Eight fire fighters came, two trucks, to take her to The Atrium for a quick ER visit. It took MFD 30 minutes to get her out. Even my mother at the time wondered why a possee of men came, when she had a non life threatening case and short term illness. Everywhere you now drive, the MFD blast the sirens. People are tired of the tactics and the first concern is the union, not residents.

Go get a job at AK Steel, join their union, play their politics. You aren't winning the debate here. By the way, who was the fire guy involved with G?   

Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 3:51pm
Give the union a break. Middletown was built by the unions.
ashkicker View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashkicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 4:03pm
Dean,

Because we have a difference of opinion I rub you the wrong way? I guess we'll never be friends.

Sorry about your mother. I do believe you are mistaken about the 10 guys.

First off, dispatchers (employed within the Police Department) make the call as to how serious the situation is and which units to respond. You need to find out what the nursing home told the dispatchers when they called 911. If dispatchers determined your mothers condition warranted advanced care, an engine company would have also been dispatched to care for your mother. Medics are staffed by two personnel, three would be a rare exception unless it was a reserve medic staffed by an engine company. Students from the area education institutions ride with our squads to get their state mandated ride time.

Engine companies are staffed by three personnel with the rare occasion of a fourth.

I have heard complaints when we have "loaded and go" about being to rough or uncaring. Now I hear we were too careful and took too long. What's a guy to do. Time frames are often grossly exaggerated (unintentionally) in stressful situations. If you care to list specifics, I could check on the documented run times.

I have worked in other professions. We have guys that left AK and came to work at the department.

Blast the siren? Yep, because in this day and age of "I need to be there before you", drivers routinely fail to yield. You do understand how quickly the brain dies without oxygen or how quickly fire doubles in size. Since you seem to constantly hear "MFD blast the sirens", you do understand its because we have been called to do our job? The number of calls keep increasing while the number of fire fighters to answer those calls continue to dwindle.

In the end, we will never agree and I'm okay with that. Some people want fire fighters to risk their lives for free and the day of volunteers in big cities are over. However, the Police Department does use loss-cost reserves.

Sorry, I don't know who or what "G" is. Please elaborate.

Ashkicker
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 6:05pm
Dean: was it the chief
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 12:29am
I wonder if the new City Manager will 'creatively' deal with declining tax revenues the way that he cavalierly wasted millions in Federal tax dollars for community development? What is his strategy for economic renewal of Middletown, not to mention the reclamation of blighted, older neighborhoods? What is the Dougmeister's grand plan? Where does he plan to find the capital for his projects? Show us the bacon, Doug.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 12:07pm
Perhaps someone will scan and post the 120 page vision Adkins provided city council during his interview giving him the job others were denied having such knowledge, assuring him the job. Steve D?

Buehler?,  
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 4:13pm
What was that statement that Mayor Mulligan said in today's paper: "All members of the council "value" public safety, but at the same time, THEY HAVE TO BE FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE." I HOPE that statement WILL come back to bite him in the butt. That's ALL we've been saying on this forum and it hasn't happened yet. They have spent money on downtown like drunken sailors and never once thought about being "financially responsible". His cronies and Judy have put this town in financial hardship.Does anyone know, did he say that with a straight face? IMO
Lostdafire View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostdafire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 3:23pm
Test
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 8:38pm
Now, we find out the union rejected the city's proposals and 11 are gone on Saturday. Just hope I don't have a serious 911 medical emergency for my wife. Again, if the response time is too long, just after they downsized the service by eliminating the 11 positions, and she dies, the city will have a lawsuit to deal with. Should be relatively easy to prove just after the reduction in manpower I would think.

The city leaders have to do what they have to do and I will do what I have to do in this situation. Their choice to roll the dice.

I just don't understand why they would rather eliminate 11 jobs that put out fires and provide medical services and retain 11 paper-shufflers in the city building, supporting assistants to the assistants who suck the coffee cup all day and go to endless meetings that usually accomplish nothing pertinent. I'm not a big fan of greedy unions but I'm even less of a fan of incompetent leadership.

The working world has become a giant cluster with incompetence in charge.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Stanky View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:34pm
And the usual rantings of the "get off my lawn" guy continue. Vet, your frequent complaints about management tell me you're probably a low to mid-level employee who more often than not has stuck his own career in neutral due to arguing with management, constant complaining, or tripping over yourself because of an inability to be flexible or see a bigger picture.

While I'm not defending city hall, your assumption that our paper-thin city budget somehow has room for layers of assistants and managers of nothing, going about their day brewing coffee, seems a bit of a stretch. Yes, bloated city government is a different thing than a company but you sound like someone who truly has never understood what leadership takes, what risk taking is involved at the top of a company, or how many of these "paper shuffling" jobs like accounting, audit, risk management, HR, etc. are essential. Sure, there are people who shouldn't be in their position (Landen? Kohler?). Sure there is waste here and there in companies. But you sound like the classic populist clock-puncher rather than someone who knows the perils of running a business.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 8:33am
Stanky: I think you may be missing thr reason for our complaining. Primarily, it's because the reast of the citizens have a right to know the truth about what's really going on in that city building. Thank goodness Judy is now gone. ( but make no mistake, she will raise her ugly head again) Landen, Kohler? That's all you got. How about Mulligan? Adkins? That was another back room deal to have Dougie move into his current position. If you don't believe me just wait and watch. It will all become clear. I don't know why they wasted nice peoples time on the farce of looking for a city manger when it was all ready decided how that was going to turn out. As I have said many times, they should have all have been replaced long ago for their failure to display a "fiduciary responsibility". They have a legal responsibility to protect and spend wisely the monies of the citizens of our city. Hasn't happened. IMO
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 2:34pm
And directly after voting to make our public safety levy permanent

Twice we have voted for this
First time, we were promised no cuts--maintain current levels--heard it from the horse's mouth--didn't keep the promise

Second time--we shall see what happens.....

One thing--the new boss has been true to HIS promise and plan
hope that it works
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Stanky Stanky wrote:

And the usual rantings of the "get off my lawn" guy continue. Vet, your frequent complaints about management tell me you're probably a low to mid-level employee who more often than not has stuck his own career in neutral due to arguing with management, constant complaining, or tripping over yourself because of an inability to be flexible or see a bigger picture.

While I'm not defending city hall, your assumption that our paper-thin city budget somehow has room for layers of assistants and managers of nothing, going about their day brewing coffee, seems a bit of a stretch. Yes, bloated city government is a different thing than a company but you sound like someone who truly has never understood what leadership takes, what risk taking is involved at the top of a company, or how many of these "paper shuffling" jobs like accounting, audit, risk management, HR, etc. are essential. Sure, there are people who shouldn't be in their position (Landen? Kohler?). Sure there is waste here and there in companies. But you sound like the classic populist clock-puncher rather than someone who knows the perils of running a business.

HIT A NERVE, DID I STANKY?

FIRST OF ALL, I HAVE NEVER HAD A "CAREER". ALWAYS THOUGHT OF IT AS A JOB THAT PROVIDES AN INCOME, NOTHING MORE. WITH 5 MORE YEARS TO WORK I WILL HAVE 51 YEARS IN. A LITTLE TOO LATE TO THINK ABOUT A CAREER. THE OLD "CAREER" CRAP HEARD OVER THE YEARS IS OVER RATED. HAVE SEEN ALOT OF PEOPLE COME INTO THE WORK PLACE WHO STARTED OUT WITH EMPLOYER SUNSHINE PUMPED UP THEIR KEESTER AND A PROMISE OF A "CAREER" WITH A "I'M REALLY GOING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE HERE" ATTITUDE ONLY TO BE USED AND ABUSED AND CAST ASIDE BY UPPER MANAGEMENT WHEN THEY "FELL OUT OF FAVOR" OR MADE A BAD DECISION. WHEN THEY REALIZE THEIR TIME IS OVER, THEY MOVE ON. I AM A MIDDLE LEVEL EMPLOYEE WITH ONLY ONE STINT IN THE SUPERVISORY RANKS FOR FOUR YEARS. CAN'T SAY AS I LIKED IT DURING THAT TIME. MY "FREQUENT COMPLAINTS" ARE A RESULT OF SEEING 46 YEARS OF UPPER MANAGEMENT USING FEAR, DISCRIMINATORY AND RETALIATORY TACTICS (TYPICAL MANAGEMENT GAMES PLAYED) ON THE BULK OF THE EMPLOYEE POPULATION AT EIGHT DIFFERENT COMPANIES. THE STORY IS ALWAYS THE SAME NO MATTER WHERE YOU WORK. "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY" TACTICS.....AND, TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, WHILE WE'RE TREATING YOU LIKE CRAP, WE ARE DEMANDING YOUR LOYALTY....OR ELSE. BEEN DOWNSIZED THREE TIMES SINCE 1994. THAT WORKS ON YOUR ATTITUDE CONCERNING MANAGEMENT TOO STANKY. HAVE YOU BEEN DOWNSIZED IN YOUR WORKING LIFE? IF SO, HOW DID YOUR ATTITUDE FAIR AT THE TIME? NO ONE TAKES DOWNSIZING WELL, ESPECIALLY IF ONES OPINION IS THAT THEY DIDN'T DESERVE IT AND IT WAS JUST A NUMBER'S GAME BY UPPER MANAGEMENT WITH THE WORKER TAKING THE HIT AND MIDDLE AND UPPER MANAGEMENT USUALLY HOLDING ON TO THEIR HIGH PAYING, REPETITIVE FUNCTIONING, PAPER-SHUFFLING JOBS.

YOU SOUND LIKE ONE WHO IS INCLINED TO SANCTION MOST OF THE CRAP THAT HAS HAPPENED IN THIS CITY TO DATE. YOUR COMMENT "OUR PAPER-THIN CITY BUDGET"... COULD BE CONSTRUED AS A DEFENSE MECHANISM AND THAT YOU WORK IN THE CITY BUILDING OF HAVE SOME CONNECTION WITH THE CITY OPERATION. IF SO, KEEP BELIEVING THE PROPAGANDA FROM YOUR EMPLOYER. FOR ME, I CAN'T SUPPORT LEADERSHIP THAT I CAN'T RESPECT. THAT GOES FOR THE CITY BUILDING TOPIC AS WELL AS ANY WORK ARENA.

RISK TAKING AT THE TOP? HARDLY. EVEN IF THE CEO LOSES THEIR JOB FOR ANY REASON, THERE IS A CONTRACT THAT PAYS OUT A GOLDEN PARACHUTE IN THE MILLIONS WHILE THE LITTLE GUY GETS A FEW WEEKS VACATION PAY AND A LITTLE "SEPARATION PACKAGE" THAT LASTS A MONTH OR TWO WHILE BEING OFFERED A COBRA HEALTH CARE PACKAGE FOR THE FAMILY AT $800 BUCKS A MONTH WHILE UNEMPLOYED. HOW DOES ONE AFFORD THAT PREMIUM IF ONE IS UNEMPLOYED? YOU TELL ME. I DON'T BELIEVE ANY CEO IS WORRIED ABOUT LOSING THEIR JOBS AS MUCH AS THE WORKER BEE WORRIES. BEING ASKED TO LEAVE A COMPANY IS FAR MORE CATASTROPHIC TO THE WORKER THAN THE CEO, MONEY-WISE. THE CEO GOES TO THE NEXT COMPANY TO SCREW IT UP IN A MATTER OF WEEKS WITH THEIR CONNECTIONS IN THE BUSINESS WORLD. THE WORKER HAS TO HUNT AND PECK FOR THAT NEW JOB OPENING FOR MONTHS....OR YEARS. THE JOB SEARCH IS NOT ON A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

AND JUST HOW DID THE CITY BUDGET GET "PAPER THIN" STANKY? NO DOUBT, A RESULT OF POOR PLANNING, INCOMPETENCE IN RUNNING THE CITY, A LACK OF A REVENUE GENERATING PLAN IN BRINGING IN NEW BUSINESS AND INDUSTRIAL COMPANIES. TOO HIGH OF LEGACY COSTS WHILE TRYING TO SUPPORT OUTLANDISH WORKER/MANAGEMENT SALARIES. NO LOGICAL CITY DIRECTION AND REASONABLE GOALS THAT WERE ATTAINABLE. PLACING TOO MUCH RELIANCE IN THE FEDS AND THEIR SECTION 8/GOVERNMENT HANDOUT PROGRAMS FOR REVENUE IN LIEU OF JOB CREATION TAXES. A LACK OF PUTTING MONEY AWAY FOR BASE NECESSITIES, PILFERING EXISTING FUNDS LIKE THE STREET REPAIR FUND AND THEN SPENDING IT ON UNNEEDED AND MONEY-WASTING ISSUES IN THE CITY. TAKING CITY MONEY AND SPENDING IT ON REAL ESTATE WHILE CLAIMING THE CITY IS NOT IN THE REAL ESTATE BUSINESS, THE DOWNTOWN AREA AND SPECIAL PROJECTS FOR CITY FRIENDS, WHILE CLAIMING TO BE ON A TIGHT BUDGET. LOANS TO THE MMF AND CITY FRIENDS. GIVING BUILDINGS AWAY TO SUE WITTMAN THE ARTS PEOPLE. TAKING LESS THAN OTHER PROPOSALS FROM WALDEN AND COMPANY....FRIENDS OF THE CITY. SPENDING $300,000 FOR A BUILDING AND THEN SELLING IT FOR A DOLLAR. WHAT FOOL WOULD DO THAT IN THEIR HOME BUDGET? HOW ABOUT WE TAKE A LOOK AT THE CITY POSITION HIERARCHY? I WILL BET, WITHOUT SEEING IT AS YET, THAT BOTH OF US CAN FIND POSITIONS OF WASTE WITH ASSISTANTS TO THE ASSISTANTS WHO DO NO MORE THAN SHUFFLE PAPERS AND SUCK THE COFFEE CUP. THERE ARE THOSE KINDS OF POSITIONS IN EVERY ORGANIZATION AND YOU KNOW IT. I CAN TELL YOU FOR A FACT THAT THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT HAD THREE MANAGERS FOR 4 WORKERS INCLUDING THE ADMIN. POSITION AT ONE TIME. AND NOW, THERE ARE LOWER ECHELON PEOPLE TAKING THE HIT FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED FAILURES OF THE UPPER MANAGEMENT OF THIS CITY. KEEP ON DEFENDING MANAGEMENT STANKY, BUT I'LL TELL YOU, YOU'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF REASON.

NO, I'VE NEVER RUN A BUSINESS, BUT I WILL BET, USING CONSERVATIVE SPENDING BASED ON CORRECT PRIORITIES, LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE, THAT I CAN DO A BETTER JOB AT SPENDING THE TAXPAYER MONEY THAN THE CLOWNS DO IN THE CITY BUILDING. IT IS A SIMPLE CONCEPT. YOU NEVER SPEND MORE THAN YOU BRING IN AND YOU ALWAYS PAY THE BILLS FIRST AND BUDGET YOUR REMAINING MONEY TO LAST UNTIL THE NEXT COLLECTION PERIOD. IF MONEY IS LEFT OVER, IT IS PLACED IN A FUND FOR EMERGENCY USAGE AND EMERGENCY USAGE ONLY, NOT TO BE PILFERED FOR OTHER USAGE. YOU GET IN TROUBLE WHEN YOU OVER-COMMIT, MIS-APPROPRIATE AND HAVE TOO MANY FINANCIAL FRONTS TO BATTLE. THIS IS ALSO CALLED "LIVING WITHIN YOUR MEANS" CITY BUILDING PEOPLE.

AND JUST WHAT IS A "CLASSIC POPULIST CLOCK-PUNCHER"? I'M A PERSON WHO HANDLES MONEY WELL, WHO PAYS THEIR BILLS ON TIME AND WHO PLANS FOR EMERGENCIES WHILE LIVING ON A TIGHT BUDGET THAT DOESN'T ALLOW FOR WASTEFUL SPENDING OR CREDIT CARDS, ESPECIALLY AT THE INTEREST RATES THEY CHARGE NOWADAYS. I ALSO TRY TO PAY OFF ANY BALANCE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. I WOULD IMAGINE ALL CONSERVATIVE FOLKS OPERATE THAT WAY. IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO HANDLE A LIMITED INCOME, STILL GET THE BILLS PAID AND STAY OUT OF FINANCIAL TROUBLE.

NOPE, NEVER OWNED OR RUN A BUSINESS.......BUT IF I DID, I WOULD HAVE NEVER TREATED MY EMPLOYEES THE WAY I HAVE SEEN THEM TREATED BY MIDDLE AND UPPER MANAGEMENT OVER THE YEARS. I HAVE HAD MY FAIR SHARE THROWN AT ME OVER THE YEARS TOO. UNFORTUNATELY,FOR ME, BECAUSE OF PAST EXPERIENCES, THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED AND, BECAUSE THEY OPERATE THE WAY THAT THEY DO (MANAGERIAL TACTICS), ARE CONSIDERED THE ENEMY. I HAVE HAD PERHAPS 30 MANAGERS OVER THE YEARS. OUT OF 30, THERE HAVE BEEN 2 GOOD MANAGERS THAT I TRUSTED AND KNEW WOULDN'T STAB ME IN THE BACK, AND THAT I WOULD SUPPORT 100%. THE REST, WORTHLESS GAME PLAYERS AND COMPANY YES MEN WHO HAVE NO CONSCIENCE NOR MORALS AS IT APPLIES TO THEIR SUBORDINATES. HARDLY HONORABLE.

ENOUGH "RANTING, TRIPPING OVER MYSELF AND COMPLAINING" AS YOU PUT IT. I ENJOY THIS LITTLE DISCUSSION ABOUT MY FAVORITE SUBJECT..... INEPT, NON-TRUSTWORTHY MANAGEMENT AND THEIR TACTICS.    

NOW, GET OFF MY LAWN.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 6:12pm
Spider. What was that plan and what is it he has done sofar according to his plan? I must have missed something.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 8:49am
oth--reducing public safety expenditures from 72% of the budget to 60%

part of his manifesto laid out b4 getting the job, so we are getting what was advertised. I don't like what just happened, however the former status quo was un-sustainable.

Decisions have to be made, and often any more few of the options are popular or enjoyable. Even though no one is happy, it is what it is. I doubt that this will be the end of budget-cutting/re-prioritizing. Rather the beginning.

I have studied this very ambitious plan--read it twice(some sections more). I am with Mr.A on his package, though it will be a piece at a time. This place and admin/govt has to change--we all know that.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 9:52am
Show me the positions cut that have been made in the city building and positions that are current, with salaries. Then show me in the city site council meeting minutes where they have stopped hiring rather than HR Manager Noah Powers the Third offering letters showing that they are still hiring within the city building. The new hiring positions are not openly announced to the general public in the Journal and one must go to the council minutes to observe this information. Almost as if they are doing what they can to minimize the publication on the new hires.

Show me where they have reduced spending on special city projects, stopped purchasing real estate and have eliminated money allocation to the downtown and loans to their friends........

Then we can talk about eliminating the basics like fire and the police.

I still don't believe that Adkins or any other city leader has cut it as far as they can go and MUST eliminate safety services as the only choice here. Surely they can find some positions in other departments that they can cut that will impact the community to a lesser degree.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 9:57am
Article insinuates that Middletown FD had to be assisted by other FDs in the area due to layoffs. 

Is this true or just bad reporting?

Referencing: With the recent layoffs of 11 firefighters in Middletown, the fire department had to be assisted by Monroe, Trenton, Franklin Township and Carlisle fire departments.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic