Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, March 29, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Police Chief

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Police Chief
    Posted: Feb 10 2015 at 2:06pm
MJ:
Middletown names new police chief
By Ed Richter

Staff Writer
MIDDLETOWN —
Middletown has a new police chief.

Maj. Rodney Muterspaw, a 24-year veteran of the Middletown Division of Police, was selected for the top job on Tuesday by City Manager Doug Adkins. The appointment is pending confirmation by City Council at its Feb. 17 meeting.

“Muterspaw’s relationship with the employees of the Division of Police as well as his strong ties to the community are great assets in moving the department forward and continuing the collaborative working environment with the residents of Middletown,” Adkins said.

He replaces former police chief David VanArsdale who was promoted Jan. 1 as the new public safety director to oversee both the police and fire divisions.

“It’s humbling, very humbling,” Muterspaw said. “I’m grateful that the manager selected me to fix issues in the city and to bring the department together.”

Muterspaw, 46, is one of two deputy chiefs who were eligible for the job following an assessment center evaluation. Maj. Mark Hoffman, the other deputy chief, will become the assistant police chief as part of the city’s restructuring of the public safety department. Muterspaw said he and Hoffman’s skill sets compliment each other and that they work well together.

“I’m a huge believer in teamwork and working in team approach,” he said.

Muterspaw said the top item on the agenda is “to attack the heroin problem relentlessly.” He also wants to change the way of policing in the city and look at other methods to attack crime at its roots.

A graduate of Middletown Christian High School, Muterspaw also attended Cedarville University and is also a graduate of the Police Executive Leadership College and the Southern Police Institute.

A Middletown police officer since 1990, he has been a narcotics detective and supervisor, a Community Oriented Police supervisor, and commanded the criminal investigations section.

Muterspaw is married and has three children.
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2015 at 2:42pm
Congratulations Mr Muterspaw. Perfect man for the job. Coached with him at Goldman Park years ago. Stand up guy who people gravitate to. Good luck fixing the drug problem in town sir.
AK - What is going on with that?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2015 at 3:05pm
Rodney M. was a neighbor of mine on Woodhall Ct./ Stratford Dr. back in the late 90's/early 2000's. Nice guy. Congratulations on the promotion.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2015 at 8:54pm
Congrats to a great guy. He will represent our community well!
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2015 at 7:39am
Great article on new Chief. Funny, saw him at McDonald's wearing a floppy Middies hat and sweatpants. Wasn't Larosas Pizza like in the article but still funny. Guy hasn't changed a bit since the days of Goldman Park coaching softball. Still very approachable and you can tell he loves Middletown just because of the things he says. He's got his work cut out for him and I'm afraid there are too many issues for him to fix. Talked very highly of City manager and changes in the city coming up. Very happy for Mute. Just a good down to earth man who will do great things for this town.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/local/mccrabb-new-police-chief-a-hometown-guy/nkPY7/?nmredir=true
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2015 at 7:43am
mice to read that everyone seems to like the guy, sj included
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2015 at 8:35am
Best of luck to him he has a tough job ahead.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2015 at 12:30pm
Excellent choice for chief.

Middletown does some things right!
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2015 at 2:00am
John Beagle I think that you should add a tab and name it "Things that Middletown does right"? See what it catches.

AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2015 at 11:39am
I give the Middletown Police an B grade over the last few months. Still don't like the incident at Middletown Junior High with the officer he should've been suspended but I am thrilled about what they are doing out in the town with all these town hall meetings and being out there. Kudos Mute you are a nice breath of fresh air in a city full of smog.
Trotwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Trotwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2015 at 12:18am
Suspended? Ha!

The policeman should get a giant gold star.
That kid deserved the clobbering he got, maybe it will teach him a lesson
At least he didn't get shot. Or even badly injured.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic