FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Nuisance Law

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2015 at 9:28am
The real problem with any codified ordinance in Middletown is it gives the city selective ability to hassle and become a nuisance for those it wants to purge or retaliate.

Ever read the tax ordinance? It requires every 16 year old or over the DECLARE income, and pay income, even if the income is nominal. How many kids really file the form and pay city tax on the yards they mow each summer, the money made raking a yard. Had a friend tell me over coffee recently, his 27 year old son got a letter he hadn't declared income in the years he was in college at Middleberry in Vermont, then grad school at U of Vermont. He called, explained no income, attending college, and was a non resident. City gave him until 4/15 or threatened to have him arrested. Most attorneys know you don't use criminal threats as a collection agency tactic associated with ethic obligations.

Kid filed form, paid his 100. penalty fine, unconscionable when no income was made, and said he'd never be in Middletown again. Some welcome wagon down at Donham, with a kid now working at Boston Consulting Group making more than 150,000 annually never wanting to set foot in city

All the ordinances allow is discretionary hassle. Your friendly city at work with its ordinances that run people out, not in.    

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2015 at 11:25am
City and council has a select number of people who they support, and vice versa. Room for many tokens, make you feel good supporters, but just window dressing. Real power and influence only with a few. Become an insider. Open a framing shop, or a storefront specializing in Italian opera. And be active in cty GOP, and do the festival in June.    
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2015 at 11:28am

Spider

I will support anyone that wants real change in this city…not just plant a few flowers and put lipstick on the pig change.

I want to call City Hall and get an honest answer to any question that I have…not a tap dancing lesson.
I want to watch a City Council Meetings and know for a fact that everything that is being said is truthful.
I want to get a bang for my tax dollar and see results.
..…at this time I’m getting none of the above.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2015 at 12:00pm
Factguy

You are correct....City Hall has been involved in toooo many inside deals with their favorite buddies.
It is even worse than you and the citizens believes.
Everytime I start reseaching a little problem that has caught my eye...I find another "Snake Pit".
I know that you and others think that I just love to get on this blog and bash City Hall but this is not what I'm about.
We have a serious problem at City Hall and the citizens have the right to know the facts...without the spin.
Factguy we need to stop worrying about who is red and who is blue and come together and save our City.

Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2015 at 12:33pm
Ms. Moon, the city will be saved.

Population will fall below 30,000, which is their plan, and what is budgeted in future for police and fire.  Strong voter participation supporting the city makes every levy assured to be passed. Its only a matter of time before tax is raised to 2.0%, in line with Hamilton.

The time being spent now is to get those off the merry go round that aren't on board, off, which brings population down to the goal. If you weren't on the bus to Greenville, thanks for the offer, but no thanks for participation. Straight talk.   
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2015 at 12:50pm
Acclaro: No truer words have been spoken. Thank you for your uncanny ability to cut to heart of these codified ordnances. What you have said is the truth and WILL all come to pass! JMO
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2015 at 12:59pm
Well Factguy I guess this is where we will agree to disagree
The numbers clearly show that our city can not survive on its current path and the EPA will be knocking at our door in 2016. 
If the tax rate goes to 2% we will lose even more people and business.

What is that old saying "People treat you the way you allow them to treat you"
It is time to get off the couch and march on City Hall.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2015 at 1:38pm
Recall when the MCSD put its signs up a week of two before allowed pursuant to the city ordinance? Recall Les L's response? "Oh, its okay. Maybe we need to give the ordinance some 'latitude' this time." No harm, no foul, total disregard of ordinance.

Selective amnesia. Selective code enforcement. 

Just another arrow in the quiver or 'nuisance toolkit' for use when city wants to bring out the hammer and play smash-mouth. 
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2015 at 1:46pm
Yep Acclaro...we live under "Landen Law"...also known as make it up as we go law.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2015 at 3:51pm
I was told that this legislation is to be removed from Tuesday's agenda...however the agenda for the council meeting still has not been posted on the city web site
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2015 at 8:03pm
To Dean/Moron-Monroe is being financed by a donation left by someone who-obviously unlike you-knew what an asset a library is to a community. It does not surprise me you don't use the library-god forbid you learn or experience something new and useful-better to just stay at your keyboard and kvetch about every little problem in town. How sad for you.
Vivian-yes,like  many public places (Movie theaters, churches,  daycare's, etc). there have been bedbugs found at the library. They have trained staff in proper treatment of suspect material and have had professional service when needed..
To anyone who feels libraries are outdated and unnecessary-PLEASE visit and see what is REALLY happening-not hearsay from those who just want to vote NO on every levy no matter what. Sit in on a children's storytime or attend a computer training class. Join the thousands (yes-thousands) who participate in the Summer Reading Program-there are many other programs that benefit both minds and bodies. As with any election it is better to know what you're getting for your vote
Dean View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2015 at 9:23pm
I am in King Library at least five times a week FM81, as part of my professional duties at the Oxford campus. You indicated Middletown Midpointe was used as a stable for the poor. No thanks for paying for public housing. Or, an alternative to Redbox for dvd's. 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 6:09am
Originally posted by Factguy Factguy wrote:

Ms. Moon, the city will be saved.

Population will fall below 30,000, which is their plan, and what is budgeted in future for police and fire.  Strong voter participation supporting the city makes every levy assured to be passed. Its only a matter of time before tax is raised to 2.0%, in line with Hamilton.

The time being spent now is to get those off the merry go round that aren't on board, off, which brings population down to the goal. If you weren't on the bus to Greenville, thanks for the offer, but no thanks for participation. Straight talk.   

Why do they want the population at less than 30 thou? Losing revenue, property taxes, city income tax, less buying power in population loss....don't understand the logic......or complete lack of it. Why do the current crop of leaders have, as their agenda, the focus of town destruction and why do they insist on making this a small yuppie fru fru town like Oxford? The city demographics won't allow them to do so. This will never be just a college/artzy town. The atmosphere won't allow it. The city is surrounded by progress and activity and they want to make this place a quiet little laid back serene village? Ain't gonna happen no matter what their plans may be. Lebanon was once that quiet little village they now want for Middletown. Lebanon is slowly yielding to more activity and growth and is no longer the sleepy little hamlet it once was.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 9:27am
If I recall, sometime ago the Master Plan indicated 30,000 was its sustainable goal. Part of the rationale was associated with police and fire support, the numbers the city could afford, and the type of citizens the city wanted, professionals, educated, etc.

City is firm a vibrant downtown is the key to rebirth. Can't have destruction downtown and have a rebirth. Two major colleges in Middletown with the potential to have 10,000 students enrolled and a thousand administrators and faculty surely makes Middletown having the potential to host educated, well paid residents, and a place for retirement with golf, arts, and continued education.

Progress is being made. Slower than many wish, but its coming.  
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 11:54am

If I recall, sometime ago the Master Plan indicated 30,000 was its sustainable goal. Part of the rationale was associated with police and fire support, the numbers the city could afford, and the type of citizens the city wanted, professionals, educated, etc.

City is firm a vibrant downtown is the key to rebirth. Can't have destruction downtown and have a rebirth. Two major colleges in Middletown with the potential to have 10,000 students enrolled and a thousand administrators and faculty surely makes Middletown having the potential to host educated, well paid residents, and a place for retirement with golf, arts, and continued education.

Your information on what the city leaders want for this city is incredible to read. It just demonstrates how out of touch they are with understanding this city and what the true needs are. I noticed that your post indicates that the city leaders aren't smart enough to entertain thoughts about what the people want for their city. Too narrow-minded to ask and tunnel-vision focus on just their ideas. How sad it is to have such uneducated and callous people at the helm. I will also include the description of pompous asses to the mix. MUM AND CINCI STATE will never achieve the 10,000 student mark you speak of. CS is stagnant after a few years of operation, not coming close to 1000 students, much less contributing to the 10,000 pie-in-the-sky goal.

Vibrant downtown? How many decades does this city have to focus on the downtown area with gimmicks and bribes to locate down there, and how many decades do they have to observe absolutely nothing on ROI, before they get the message that it is in other parts of this town, that there is progress and interest? (East End) Downtown has been a relative ghost town for many years. Most in town have no reason to go there as there is little to generate a reason to visit. Why can't the incessant dreamers see that?

Middletown for retirement, golf, arts and continued education better fits West Chester, Mason or Centerville, all upscale communities. This city will never be classified as upscale. Never has been, never will be with it's manufacturing heritage, culture and demographic make-up. Your suggestion of changing the personality and complexion of this city is way off base. Time to come down from the dream world and join the rest of us in the real world. A Chevy will never become a Ferrari. Live with it.

The "type of people the city wants"? Seriously? More exclusion by those who are drowning in classism? Pompous behavior from immature people. Knowing the condition of this city and the little it has to offer right now, the city leaders actually think they can be selective in attracting professionals? Not even close to reality. In case they haven't noticed, the professionals have been locating to Mason, West Chester and yes, even Lebanon, not Middletown. This city offers nothing a professional wants nor needs as to social amenities, entertainment, housing, shopping nor jobs. I thought everyone knew that......until now.

This idea of "what the city can afford" is nonsense. You don't base the direction and growth on "what you can afford" but rather, set progressive goals and focus on gaining the revenue needed for aggressive growth. "What the city can afford" is a copout and a lame excuse for not trying to land jobs and companies, not trying to increase revenue while trying to pigeonhole the city into making it what it is not, nor will ever be. Trust me, I've been here longer than most of the city leaders and I think I know the "flavor of this city" much better than anyone sitting on council or in the city building.

Factguy, this information irritates me to no end if true. If this is the gameplan for this city, it is criminal in nature and the people who wish to proceed with this have criminal intent as to the damage they will inflict. They are purposely trying to ruin this city.

Your bar is set extremely low as to progress being made. Actually, the bar hasn't risen from ground level as yet. I have no idea what you people are using for growth criteria.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 1:09pm
Once again, an accurate response by Viet Vet. How sad that Dougmeister, his underlings and the City Council visionaries (?) choose not to comprehend. Maintenance of the status quo and power of the entitled is all that matters to them. Middletonians pay the price for this arrogance.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 1:25pm
Accomplishments-

1) Quaker Chemical expansion
2) MUM diversity/ strength
3) Cincinnati State addition
4) AKS Innovation Ctr
5) NTE
6) Airport
7) Downtown revitalization working
8) Community support of school levies, public safety, and public library levies (May will pass)
9) Second generation young adults moving back to Middletown
10) More money for street repair
11) Atrium continued success and added services vs old MRH
12) HUD Section 8 program moved to county 
13) Effective tax credits to bring business into city
14) I Mm grant for footprint for lakefront rest stop, kayak, canoe, cycling

Negativity. Does it ever stop?

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 3:54pm
Counterbalance to Factguy list:

1. Positive move. How many jobs did this create that were livable wages- IE- $15-20 /hr. Anything less doesn't count.
2. MUM diversity and strength?- Helps with the marketing and image of MUM but how does that help the average Middletonian?
3. CS position?- No doubt an accomplishment to start the school. Not the issue here. Downhill from the starting point as it has been far short of projected goals and interest from potential students. Not considered a true accomplishment UNTIL and IF it develops into a major player as MUM has here.
4. AK Innovation Ctr- You mean the new proposed tech ctr? None of us know the impact of that as yet. Most employees will probably live out of the city and commute. Taxes to Middletown or Warren Cty? Dunno.
5. NTE?- TBD
6. Airport- a small impact on the city. Airport services benefit a select few. Skydivers, people who fly and own airplanes to hangar them. Not a major player on the main highway.
7. Downtown Revit work- nothing eye opening- much has been tried- very little has succeeded. I wouldn't call this a success as most storefronts are still empty after years of attempts. The PAC is on again/off again in vacancies. Not a lot of interest by residents as to the arts theme. Not an arts town.
8. Last levy passed by 24 votes. Not an overwhelming endorsement by voters even though the pro levy people turned out in full capacity. The schools are a failure and have been for years. Dismal performance and nothing close to call a success.
9. Moving back?- Funny, all the stories I have heard was that younger people were not only moving out of the city but Kasich was worried about losing Ohio people to other states.
10. More money for street repairs?- Laughable. This city has balked at fixing the streets since the mid 80's. Never has been a city priority since those days. Very little focus on streets based on prior activity and lane miles to pave. Pathetic attempts to keep the streets maintained.
11. Atrium is certainly more modern and offers good service. So did the old hospital on McKnight. We used both many times and both provided good care.
12. HUD?- You're kidding, right? Not an accomplishment because the level of Section 8 should have never gotten to the level it was in the first place. Way over the correct numbers for this city. You don't give credit to the ones who screwed up in the first place.
13. Bringing business to the city?- C'mon. Finding decent jobs for this city has taken a back seat to the downtown area for years. If the city would have focused as much effort on jobs as it has done on the downtown area, we would have had a decent amount of decent paying jobs in here for the residents to have improved their lives. Instead, the city's first priority has been the dam downtown and all other needs of the city has suffered because of it.
14. Lakefront rest stop?- Just been proposed. Nothing has happened as yet. Are you going to give them credit for something that hasn't even been built yet? Seriously, isn't this just all talk right now? And if and when it is built, it will just be a place for druggies and the downtown homeless to congregate. I'm guessing there will be as much negative publicity from this place as there was from the United Dairy Farmers store when it opened as to crime.

Rose-colored glasses approach. Does it ever stop?
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 3:55pm
Well one out of 14 ain't bad😜
Trotwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trotwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 3:58pm

That it is. Your above post is evident of what exactly is happening. I appreciate this mindset you and others are taking when it comes to making my hometown and the hometown of most others on here a better place.
Thank you and others on council for your leadership.

I can understand the frustration with wasted money, with the lack of past leadership, the failure of City Centre Mall, and on and on. But this iteration is feeling better, stronger, more focused and based on success other towns near and far have experienced.

What I am wondering about is the potential for residential housing downtown for college students. Is this a possibility? 

With MUM and MUH becoming (almost) their own universities separate from MU-Oxford by 2016, it seems to me like now would be the time to start lobbying Miami Administration to buy places like the Manchester Inn and convert them to dormitory units for MUH. Utilize the MIddletown bus system, as Miami already does with BCRTA in town, and have college kids downtown with good bus access to the Middletown branch. This would be a great option for the students who didn't quite make the cut for Miami but still want the off campus experience, especially for those who still want to stay close to home.

Hamilton would benefit a lot from a similar situation too. Is there any way this could happen? If so, what would it take?
Trotwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trotwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Counterbalance to Factguy list:

1. Positive move. How many jobs did this create that were livable wages- IE- $15-20 /hr. Anything less doesn't count.
2. MUM diversity and strength?- Helps with the marketing and image of MUM but how does that help the average Middletonian?
3. CS position?- No doubt an accomplishment to start the school. Not the issue here. Downhill from the starting point as it has been far short of projected goals and interest from potential students. Not considered a true accomplishment UNTIL and IF it develops into a major player as MUM has here.
4. AK Innovation Ctr- You mean the new proposed tech ctr? None of us know the impact of that as yet. Most employees will probably live out of the city and commute. Taxes to Middletown or Warren Cty? Dunno.
5. NTE?- TBD
6. Airport- a small impact on the city. Airport services benefit a select few. Skydivers, people who fly and own airplanes to hangar them. Not a major player on the main highway.
7. Downtown Revit work- nothing eye opening- much has been tried- very little has succeeded. I wouldn't call this a success as most storefronts are still empty after years of attempts. The PAC is on again/off again in vacancies. Not a lot of interest by residents as to the arts theme. Not an arts town.
8. Last levy passed by 24 votes. Not an overwhelming endorsement by voters even though the pro levy people turned out in full capacity. The schools are a failure and have been for years. Dismal performance and nothing close to call a success.
9. Moving back?- Funny, all the stories I have heard was that younger people were not only moving out of the city but Kasich was worried about losing Ohio people to other states.
10. More money for street repairs?- Laughable. This city has balked at fixing the streets since the mid 80's. Never has been a city priority since those days. Very little focus on streets based on prior activity and lane miles to pave. Pathetic attempts to keep the streets maintained.
11. Atrium is certainly more modern and offers good service. So did the old hospital on McKnight. We used both many times and both provided good care.
12. HUD?- You're kidding, right? Not an accomplishment because the level of Section 8 should have never gotten to the level it was in the first place. Way over the correct numbers for this city. You don't give credit to the ones who screwed up in the first place.
13. Bringing business to the city?- C'mon. Finding decent jobs for this city has taken a back seat to the downtown area for years. If the city would have focused as much effort on jobs as it has done on the downtown area, we would have had a decent amount of decent paying jobs in here for the residents to have improved their lives. Instead, the city's first priority has been the dam downtown and all other needs of the city has suffered because of it.
14. Lakefront rest stop?- Just been proposed. Nothing has happened as yet. Are you going to give them credit for something that hasn't even been built yet? Seriously, isn't this just all talk right now? And if and when it is built, it will just be a place for druggies and the downtown homeless to congregate. I'm guessing there will be as much negative publicity from this place as there was from the United Dairy Farmers store when it opened as to crime.

Rose-colored glasses approach. Does it ever stop?

Just saw this.

I'm definitely not disagreeing with you VietVet. There's a major uphill battle to overcome. But certainly trashing the successes that have already happened isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Unless y'all want that garbage dump that will be needed within the next 5-10 years to ease the over capacity issues at Mt. Rumpke in Colerain and Stony Hollow in Dayton. The city of Trotwood is fighting off the very same garbage dump. Let's keep it in Colerain....

But specifically to your bolded point, yes and yes. Ohio's population is stagnant, and it is hemorrhaging college graduates despite the fact we have a disproportionate number of college students in respect to the overall population of the state.

But what are college grads looking for? Community.
That's it. Community. There are looking for a place where they can spend free time with friends, have some fun, and make connections. 

Why can't that place be Middletown?
Hamilton is already getting a start. Kettering is doing a good job of it, as are Cincinnati and Dayton. 
And they did what Middletown is doing now. Let's see how it pans out. 
I'll make one initial bet that the craft brewery co-op in town will be a success.

Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:21pm
I believe there are limitations with financial aid and financial in general, for a commuter college or university, than a university that has dorms in place. Precisely, the question is are they allowed to have them and also charge fees for room and board with tuition. Wright State has very limited on campus housing, as do none of the traditional regional campuses, OSU Lima, UC Blue Ash, etc.

Many missed the great piece in the paper yesterday that if successful, if Dayton and Cincinnati can be recognized officially, as one major metro area, it will rank 10th in the nation. Those working behind the scenes in this effort have great work, and had key successes. This includes the move north by P & G to move near Dayton for centralized logistics, with its southern, Cincinnati, headquarters facility. Once this comes to fruition, the attention and branding of a 10th ranked metro center will be a major catalyst for southwestern Ohio. And what city benefits from that and it dead center in the regional focus, creating a top 10 metro location in the United States.

Its an exciting time for Middletown. And, education and a well trained work force plays a significant role in this effort. The rewards of this effort, once successful, will be substantial.  Get on board, good things are happening. You just have to have your pulse to see the blueprint, but its there.   
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:53pm
such extreme viewpoints

I cover this town pretty much on a daily basis, and talk with a lot of different prople. I see the good and not-so-good first hand, and have a decent understanding of the hows and whys, I think. I often wonder if I live in the same town as a few of you.
Trotwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trotwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

such extreme viewpoints

Where? What points specifically? Mine or others?

I cover this town pretty much on a daily basis, and talk with a lot of different prople.
Cover.... how? 

And who do you talk to? Out of these people you talk to, how many of them would not be eligible for AARP? What races / ethnicities / etc. do they span?

I see the good and not-so-good first hand, and have a decent understanding of the hows and whys, I think. I often wonder if I live in the same town as a few of you

Well I don't live in Middletown anymore, but I still pass through it fairly regularly. So if you're referring to me, no we don't live in the same town.

But we live in the same metro and the same basic place. I might be younger than everyone else here, but with that comes a certain knowledge base no one else on here can grasp.

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 5:19pm
Factguy:

Firstly, you are correct.

One of the many versions of the many Master Plans regurgitated out of Donham Plaza over the last couple of decades did indeed list as one of Middletown's goals to become a "quaint village of about 28,000"!!!

Secondly, you can't have it both ways!!!

You can't have your "quaint village of about 28,000" and still become the vibrant, buzzing, central pivot point of a metroplex of 3,000,000+!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic