FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown on TV Sunday Morning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown on TV Sunday Morning
    Posted: Dec 21 2016 at 10:58am
There is very little local news being reported anymore.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2016 at 12:36pm
Tough times, though it is and will be getting better.

Two other issue sadden me:
Last week an highly respected elderly lady neighbor was victim of a home invasion where she was beaten and robbed. Making the situation more frustrating was that the morning prior, I chased the perp off of her property.

Also Saturday, our Middie boys were invited and travelled north to the lebron James invitational where they lost a very tough game by 1-point.

What irks me more is that neither incident was worthy of coverage in our local newspaper, even though we had a big spread on the Nadison girls team being pounded by someone.

I would think that most locals would like to be aware of crime in their neighborhoods especially.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2016 at 10:49am
http://matteroffact.tv/economic-opportunity-poverty-rising-time/
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2016 at 6:16am
Just an FYI.....

Soledad O'Brien's Sunday morning show about Middletown included the difficulty in recovery for the city coming out of the 2008 recession. The segment concentrated on the condition of the city, the poverty in the city, the loss of jobs when the paper mills disappeared and AK downsized. Showed some pictures on the downtown area and mentioned Cincy State. Mentioned the dilapidated properties here and included interviews with City Manager Adkins as well.

Informative, yet somewhat embarrassing for those who have lived here a long time and were a part of the prosperous times in the past.

Might be able to view the show, if you missed it, on the internet.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic