FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown -10 Ways To Spend Money

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown -10 Ways To Spend Money
    Posted: Jul 21 2017 at 11:35pm
mcvb got their $$s worth tonight with the Takin it to the Streets Allman Bro tribute--great idea to add Sonny Moorman to the mix. Wholigans should be excellent tomorrow night.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2017 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by dezzyfits dezzyfits wrote:

I bet I am going to catch Censored for this one - - but i honestly dont think middletown roads are really as bad as people say they are. sure there are some that are horrible, but by and large it is about on track with the average city road conditions. (in my opinion) 

I don't disagree, compared to roads in other areas I've traveled.  
dezzyfits View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dezzyfits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2017 at 4:03pm
I bet I am going to catch Censored for this one - - but i honestly dont think middletown roads are really as bad as people say they are. sure there are some that are horrible, but by and large it is about on track with the average city road conditions. (in my opinion) 
dez
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2017 at 10:00am
Fixing roads and deferred maintenance are important (if road maintenance hadn't been deferred all those decades ago the roads wouldn't be as bad as they are today).

I'd expect that with the scourge of opiates that has affected our community and the surrounding area that increased public safety also needs to be a priority.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2017 at 9:45am
Journal story on 10 ways Middletown will spend money in 2018

The 10 areas include:
•Paving/sidewalks/medians
•Downtown plan implementation
•Deferred city maintenance
•Improved transportation
•Recreation/health/quality of life
•City beautification
•Economic development/workforce development
•Additional public safety
•Housing stock/neighborhoods
•City marketing

Council has until Friday to send Mr. Adkins their priority list.

I would choose paving (but not necessarily sidewalks and medians)as 1st priority.

Economic Development as second priority

The rest (especially downtown plan implementation, in the "Wait Until later" folder.

Fix the roads and create decent paying jobs. IMO, two very important needs for the city.

Will be interesting to see how council prioritizes these options. Bet the downtown is right up there on their list.

I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic