FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Hardees!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dezzyfits View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dezzyfits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Hardees!
    Posted: Aug 24 2017 at 9:06am

Tongue

Look at this article here!! Sounds delicious!!

".....Hardee’s has indicated it would be hiring about 70 to 75 employees...."

http://www.journal-news.com/news/new-fast-food-restaurant-coming-middletown/4sFfUj7DLAsmVPHVYK9bGN/
dez
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2017 at 11:26am
Two ways to look at the new Hardee's IMO.

1. Yes, it creates opportunities for Middletown residents to find employment.

2. No, it won't provide a livable wage as fast food wages would require working at least two of those jobs and seven days a week with 16 hour workdays each day to even see the beginning of a decent standard of living in today's times. No on would enjoy life with that kind of daily schedule. If you weren't working, you would be sleeping between work shifts. No life at all IMO.

Bottom line as I see it......no credit is given to the city for creating these types of jobs. They have no redeemable qualities as it relates to upgrading ones lifestyle.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2017 at 11:39am
The city isn't asking for credit.  Nor have I seen any city official touting this as job creation.  

But it is an investment in the city...
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2017 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

The city isn't asking for credit.  Nor have I seen any city official touting this as job creation.  

But it is an investment in the city...

sw, could it be that the city isn't asking for credit nor touting this as job creation because it is not considered as significant in their eyes as well? I too, have eluded in my post that this event is nothing earth shattering.

Yes, it could be looked at as an investment in the city but so could all the other insignificant business startups/shutdowns that have had no major impact as well, particularly in the downtown area. Bottom line here is that there has been no real eye-opening events with any major revelations as to contributing factors for the city in a long time. Positive, impact filled activity has been minimal for the last three decades here. Optimum phrase here is significant impactful job events.

Your glass is always half full. Mine is half empty.

We view things differently and we move on.

Reality appears to be quite different as to how we view this city, yet, I believe we have lived through the same times in this city.

Interesting how two people can share like experiences yet form quite different conclusions.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
dezzyfits View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dezzyfits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2017 at 12:59pm
Sleepy VetVet Not everyone is working full time all the time in order to enjoy 'liveable' wages. I work part time for extra income and live with a boyfriend and kids. "No one would enjoy life with that kind of schedule..." ???? Not everyone is the same. Also, not to mention, Fast Food Restaurants are always great 'first jobs' for young people. No redeemable qualities as it relates to upgrading ones lifestyle????

what are you talking about!! haha

what about the person down the road who has fond memories of going to a hardees as a child? what about the woman moving back to middletown and - you guessed it - she shared great memories at a hardees in college. Lets not forget the man and wife that first met in a hardees 20 years ago! 

So many things that COULD be good, could be- great, with something as small as this. but ah, lets just abandon it because vet vet doesnt think it upgrades ones lifestyle. maybe you got a thing against burgers

IMO

dez
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2017 at 1:20pm
dez:

"Also, not to mention, Fast Food Restaurants are always great 'first jobs' for young people. No redeemable qualities as it relates to upgrading ones lifestyle????"

"Young people/first time job" wages are not enough to be impactful as to disposable income spending what would help the city and it's money woes. The city needs to have money flowing in all aspects to stimulate it's economy. That will not happen with fast food wages as there is little left for disposable income spending. Therefore, no redeemable qualities for the city.

dez:

"what about the person down the road who has fond memories of going to a hardees as a child? what about the woman moving back to middletown and - you guessed it - she shared great memories at a hardees in college. Lets not forget the man and wife that first met in a hardees 20 years ago!"

Memories? First meetings? Moving back? How does this tie in to what we are talking about? We are talking about the impact this fast food restaurant has on the city just in case you lost your focus.

C'mon, does this really matter as to importance? This does nothing to upgrade nor improve the city and you know it.

dez:

"So many things that COULD be good, could be- great, with something as small as this. but ah, lets just abandon it because vet vet doesnt think it upgrades ones lifestyle. maybe you got a thing against burgers"

What the he--? .......it's a Hardees fast food restaurant, nothing special.
Mercy, no hope.
dezzyfits View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dezzyfits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2017 at 2:04pm
not everything can be a 'homerun' vetvet. a community ecosystem has to have layers. young kids can find employment such as a fast food 'low hanging fruit' and slowly learn to step into the world of managing money and spending and saving etc. thats certainly useful. and just because a place or thing isnt specail to you doesnt mean that it is not special to anyone else. you have no clue what could be running thru a persons mind. a perfect example would be, for me- airplanes. my grandfather loved airplanes. he would take me as a child to the nearest airport and we would watch them come in. i took it for granted then. but now, living here in middletown, when i see or hear an airplane above- it makes me smile, stop, think. others in middletown might not even notice, or even hate the airplanes. the same could be said for something as minor as a hardees. 

but i have you and some others figured out on here vet vet- you guys just like to come on and sling mud for slinging muds sake! 

you are right about one thing tho-

Confused Mercy, no hope.
dez
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2017 at 3:12pm
Mercy. Texting at it's best here. A complete run-on sentence with no hesitation in thought. No capital letters to start a sentence. Nothing grammatically correct about this. Do they not teach young people to write a paragraph with correct punctuation in high school anymore?

dez:

"but i have you and some others figured out on here vet vet- you guys just like to come on and sling mud for slinging muds sake"

First of all, it is VietVet, not Vetvet for accuracy purposes. Secondly, I believe my posts originally started out with a comparison with two ways to look at whether the new Hardees is good for and adds actual value to the city or not. It changed direction with your post about some sort of sentimental value attached to a Hardees restaurant and, currently, we are dealing with some continuous, meandering sentence about young kids finding their first job and grandpa, you and airplanes.

I don't know dezzyfits. It would seem we are on two entirely different paths here in our conversation.

dez:

"you are right about one thing tho-"

Tho?

Mercy, no hope, certainly epitomizes your demonstrated grammatical skills.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2017 at 3:17pm
Hardee's won't change much though it definitely won't hurt anything(jug closed-sob).
Where?
Lighten up, vet my friend--some things are getting a little better--you want hillbilly amenities--well u have them.

Great memories at Hardee's might be a stretch dez lol
dezzyfits View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dezzyfits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2017 at 4:03pm
****First of all, it is VietVet, not Vetvet for accuracy purposes.*****

I bet you prolly mean..........

First of all, for accuracy purposes, it is VietVet not Vetvet.

You incorrectly used an Interrupter and the Prepositional Phrase at the end make it sound weird. I mean you coulda used am em dash but what do i kno???
dez
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2017 at 8:32am
Originally posted by dezzyfits dezzyfits wrote:

****First of all, it is VietVet, not Vetvet for accuracy purposes.*****

I bet you prolly mean..........

First of all, for accuracy purposes, it is VietVet not Vetvet.

You incorrectly used an Interrupter and the Prepositional Phrase at the end make it sound weird. I mean you coulda used am em dash but what do i kno???

What?

Not to belabor the point, but, did you attend the Middletown school system? Prolly? And, pray tell, what is an Interrupter as it pertains to the English language? Kno? You coulda used am em dash? Is this English or a foreign language?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic