FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ami Vitori

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Analytical View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ami Vitori
    Posted: Nov 08 2017 at 9:07am
Whister'sMom, VietVet, SpiderJohn, Vivian Moon, Etc. -

Wondering out loud.................

When Ami Vitori does assume her office as City Councilwoman, might she be required to occasionally abstain
from voting on new city staff recommendations for "downtown" re-developer financial subsdies/other forms of
assistance?

Ms. Vitori, given her academic and entrepreneurial history, will, hopefully, prove to be a taxpayer's advocate for
improved, cost-effective plus highest/best use community development priorities, policies, programs and plans.

City Council is deserving of a fresh infusion of engaged, creative, citizen-friendly and pro-growth thinking.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2017 at 7:51pm
I voted for Vitori. Willing to try a new face behind council's desk.....any new face. If, down the road, Vitori doesn't abstain from downtown funding voting, I would think she is dealing with a possible conflict of interest situation. My one hope is that she doesn't immediately jump on the current inner circle bandwagon and start playing the game that council people eventually all play when placed under the old backroom pressure administered by Larry Mulligan and company. Scott-Jones started off asking questions and slowly tailed off to nary a sound shortly thereafter. Hope Vitori is a question asker and delver into more information rather than a rubber stamper. If not, we have gained nothing as to changing the council members. This applies to all new faces elected.

VERY SAD to see Joe Mulligan sit behind the council desk. A waste the first time around offering nothing of substance and I would imagine nothing will change this time around either. A classic case of the MMF voting block effecting yet another election with their high turnout. Same old recycled faces winning in most cases. Once again an MMF sponsored candidate won because there were not enough votes to counteract the inner circle voting influence in town. They have a great system simply due to the apathy from the rest of the potential voters who are too lazy to register, vote against them and overcome their influence.

Probably the same can be said for Cathi Mulligan's election to the school board. Hard the watch the "Mulligan Dynasty" instilled into the city. Might be a household name in Middletown but that doesn't mean the name is good for the city as to progression to the future. I see the Mulligans as helping lead the city in the wrong direction on a consistent basis. In some cases, the vote had to be a simple case of name recognition rather than actual consideration of the quality of the person and what they have accomplished. JMO   
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2017 at 10:18am
Vet - I'd like to think people stand on their own regardless of family relationship. I would hate for someone to judge me based on the actions of my mother, father or brother. 

I agree with you that Joe's past performance on City Council wasn't stellar, and that he really didn't contribute that much to Council. Remember, he didn't run again because he wanted to seek a higher level state position, which he lost.  Now he wants back on....what's the real motive?  To stay relevant?   

However, Cathi has a lot of educational background as a former professor and principal. She hasn't held elected office. I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and hope her background adds value to the educational system for MCSD.

Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2017 at 3:37pm
You had to vote for two people and Joe Mulligan obviously benefited from the big vote for Ami Vitori.  It was laughable looking at how close he was to her in the votes.  She actually had a movement going on in her vote.  He didn't.

I don't have a problem with Cathi Mulligan since she was part of Fenwick for so long.  That might be a nice influence on the public schools.  A little strange for someone who put all of her kids through private school to then serve on a public school board, but her experience may be worthwhile.

Not to change the subject, but it's too bad we don't have people in charge with a better sense of architectural style.  The new look of MHS is ugly.  There are so many ways to add on to a school and not make it look deformed.  The new Jr. High on its own is fine, but driving down Breiel, the high school just looks ridiculous.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2017 at 7:45pm
swohio75:

I will stand by my comments concerning the Mulligans. Larry has shown for years that he has his own agenda and it may not be in the best interest of Middletown. Historically, he has been the frontrunner for poor decisions, self righteous indignation and in carrying on the inner sanctum MMF theme, an organization he is a member of. Larry is in it for Larry and his buddies and to hell with the majority of Middletonians. He could care less about the masses. Pompous attitude for a public servant wouldn't you say? His thinking and direction is certainly a catalyst for what ails the city.

We all know about Joe. He is a political ladder climber and has failed to go any higher as you have pointed out. Now, he has knocked on the door of the voters, again and, incredibly, they have put the man back on council. Why???

Question for the Joe Mulligan supporters......

Knowing his lack of performance on council before and having the luxury of seeing his lack of contributions on a prior stint on council, why on earth would you give him another chance to once again, contribute nothing a second time? That defies logic and in effect, wastes your vote if your intention is to provide help for this city. Then again, if you are buddies and "just like old Joe", and would give Joe your vote no matter how pathetic he is, then I can start to understand why you are allowing yourself to be played a fool on election day.

So Larry and Joe stand on their own and it is not a flattering picture IMO. And I am judging both based on THEIR actions, not other family members. Larry and Joe need to go away. Their thinking is a cancer for the city. Their city money handling is a sure path to bankruptcy, their decision-making is atrocious and their constant rubber stamping to appease the city manager's agenda reveals a non-willingness in standing up for the people who elected them. Most on council are just like they are. Sadly, the MMF voting block only seats these types of people and the general populous suffers as a result because they fail to deliver on what the majority of the people want for their city. The other culprit is the voter apathy that, if corrected, could stop this nonsense if the people cared enough to register and show up at the polls while voting out all incumbents. It is good that Bronston was not elected but it is bad that Joe Mulligan came aboard. All we got was one bad one replacing another bad one. No change there.

As for Cathie Mulligan.....I will give her her just dues. A fine educator over the years at MUM. I had her for freshmen calculus the first year MUM opened. I remember her being to the point, hardnosed and unrelenting in presenting her curriculum back in 1966-67. She stopped for no one in that class regardless of the difficulty of the material. I agree her expertise will be a good addition to the school board if she is listened to by the other board members. She is the only Mulligan of the three that doesn't have negative baggage IMO.......yet.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Thetruth View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thetruth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2017 at 8:52am
Well speaking of MMF backing certain candidates, has anyone heard anything about the president of MMF being Vitori's business partner? I'm just wondering how many of our council members want what's best for Middletown, or just want to be able to say that they are on council? I agree that Vitori shouldn't be allowed to vote on anything pertaining to downtown. But 80 percent of everything they're doing right now is about downtown so she'd be a wasted space on council.
Isn't it against the law for her business partner to be allowed to give her a loan through MMF if he's in charge? And how is she gonna pay this loan back if she's having all of these financial problems?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2017 at 4:37pm
Credit to the young lady for her recent generosity. A very kind and telling gesture. Her Starbucks video was very well done. I have high hopes for her term on Council, as we need realistic young leaders in both business and local govt. If the lady needs to abstain on certain issues, I assume that she will do so.

I honestly don't get the blowback on both Mr.Bohanon and Ms.Vitori....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic