Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Unnamed person Unproven Post on Bohannon Conflict
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unnamed person Unproven Post on Bohannon Conflict

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
middielover View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unnamed person Unproven Post on Bohannon Conflict
    Posted: Dec 23 2017 at 8:52am
Somehow the owner of MiddletownUSA changed the title of a post I started regarding Steve Bonhannon improperly or illegally receiving City funds to perform background checks on his renters of his rental properties.

This site is a scam!
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2017 at 9:06am
July 21, 2017

“To All Members of the Middletown Real Estate Investors Group:

Like us, some of you may have started to receive bills for background checks you have processed through Selection.com. We checked into it and found out that the $5,000.00 startup funds that the City of Middletown gave to get this program going back in 2015 has been used up. Therefore, we must now start paying the $9 processing fee for each report. The $9 report is for the Combined Report only (SMS622-Tenant). It does not include the Individual Reports. If you chose to process any of the Individual Reports, there will be additional fees.

We encourage you to continue to use Selection.com to protect yourself from issues with the City of Middletown's nuisance ordinance and to help you reduce the number of evictions you need to deal with.

If you have questions, let us know!"

Steve Bohannon
MREIG President
513-464-0464
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2017 at 9:44am
Checked on opengov.com:

Check number 226614 issued February 12, 2015 for $5,000 charged to Police Department General Fund Budget payable to Selection.com.

NOTE: Check was entered as 3 different transactions of $500, $1,500 and $3,000.
            Selection.com is owned by same person that owns Start Skydiving
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2017 at 11:08am
Honestly this seems more of a problem concerning admin procedures
Bohannon and other landlords probably should have been notified of the funds’ depletion and billed appropriately.
The landlords obviously kept doing what they had been doing and assumed it was all still covered and approved.

Agree?
Disagree?
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2017 at 11:44am
Disagree!
Are you playing stupid Spider?
Bohannon used the service for 2 years and it paid for by the taxpayers.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2017 at 12:03pm
??
If the funding was depleted, why did admin keep paying the bill instead of passing the invoice off to the users?
Was the service informed to discontinue billing the city, and instead bill the users?
Seems like sloppy handling all around
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2017 at 12:09pm
Issue had nothing to do with depleted funds.
City gave $5,000 to Selection.com.

For 2 years Bohannon used the service for free until the $5,000 paid by City was depleted.

Taxpayer money paid for Bohannon’s background checks for 2 years at $9 a pop.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2017 at 12:49pm
OK--city FRONTED Selection.com $5,000 for backround checks for Bohannon, ALL landlords, or only those in this loose "organization"?
Didn't we all know something like that was going to happen after the publicity from the JJ landlord/adkins/police meetings?

Was Bohannon the only landlord to use the OFFERED AND TAXPAYER FUNDED service?

Was there usage AFTER the funding was depleted?
And if so, who was billed and who paid the bill?

Honestly not trying to be dense, though amazed at how disorganized all of this seems from the outside
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by middielover middielover wrote:

Somehow the owner of MiddletownUSA changed the title of a post I started regarding Steve Bonhannon improperly or illegally receiving City funds to perform background checks on his renters of his rental properties.

This site is a scam!

You are new here, we don't know who you are.

I believe you are the scam. Where is your proof? You only tell half the story and worse yet, you can't stand behind your post with your real name.

Perhaps if you used your real name I would think otherwise. 

If you want to make unproven accusations you have to use your real name, just like I do.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2017 at 11:35pm
Mr Beagle

Your MiddletownUSA site is full of unproven accusations from anonymous people.

I posted an email from Mr. Bohannon where he admits he received payments from city funds and then a person in the City's Finance Department provided me with the check dates, numbers and amounts paid by the City which I posted..

Seems like you like to selectively enforce the posting of information based on your personal bias or political views.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2017 at 3:58pm
Once again—why did Admin pay him if the payment was inappropriate?
Why not withhold payment?
Has the city requested reimbursement or charged him with anything?

In the larger picture, I wonder more about tax abatement being given to entities that are well-funded to pay their own way.
Instead the school/levys portion is shifted to all other taxpayers. And I wonder about the stalled projects on the giveaway properties in the former downtown and alleged property tax delinquencies. huge “loans” from MMF. Just exactly WHO IS MMF these days? How many Council and admin members are on MMF?
And who is funding DMI?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2017 at 4:32pm
spider:

Got a Community Foundation flyer in the mail today. Read the info and they had a segment in there about the success of the downtown area. Nothing but flowery embellishment on the "growth" down there. Referred to the downtown area as a "ghost town" years ago. Said they got rid of the (their words) "greasy spoon restaurants" and brought in culture, Cincy State and talked about the successes of the DMI. They also mentioned MMF as a contributory agent for downtown. Didn't go into specifics on how this all worked of course. Also no mention that what is offered in their downtown attracts less than 10% of the Middletown population. Guess as long as the small contingent of "culture" types show up, the rest of the people don't matter.

Of course, there was a long list of "Diamond", "Platinum", "Gold", "Silver", "Bronze", and "Friends" contributors with pictures and a list of scholarship award winners.

Oh, and yes, so as not to disappoint, an envelope was included just in case we wanted to contribute to their cause. Yeah, right.

Last I heard, Larry Mulligan is a player in MMF. Ken Cohen plays a key role as well.

How about it Mr. Adkins. What are we going to do about this little issue? Where did you go as to responding here? The people are owed an explanation aren't they?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic