FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

City Council Retreat - Late January?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Analytical View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: City Council Retreat - Late January?
    Posted: Jan 03 2018 at 9:55am
At last night's 21 plus minute city council meeting, Mr. Adkins noted that almost two years have passed since the last retreat was held.  He added that it's time to discuss many issues including new housing strategies.  He cited his "toolbox" of exemplary housing programs successfully being implemented across the country.

In his background comments, Mr. Adkins mentioned that a retreat was not held one year ago partially due to unsatisfactory local print media reporting at the January 2016 gathering.  He went on to say that the MJ reporter has subsequently been reassigned to other duties since then.

Following some discussion, it appears that the newest city council retreat will be held on a Saturday near the end of this month..
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2018 at 3:01pm
Retreat hell! The sumbitches need to surrender!
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2018 at 6:32pm
amen
"unsatisfactory local print media covering"?
pretty weak
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2018 at 7:37pm
Weak response indeed spider. To me, this is a classic example of what I have been saying for years on this forum. I have stated that the Journal is nothing more than a puppet mouthpiece for the city government people. They cower down to the city leaders instead of being a watchdog for the people, reporting any and all news, pro and con, related to city activities. They do not do this and haven't for decades now. The Journal only does stories on the "good news" focusing in overwhelming fashion on the dam downtown area as if the rest of the city doesn't exist and they appear to only report what the city tells them to report. This post mentions that the city leaders were not happy with the lack of coverage received by the Journal with regard to their little retreat. And, someone from the Journal seems to have "paid the price" to passify city leaders.

The Journal has lost it's soul. It has lost it's independence and objective journalism mentality. It is a sad document reporting only the stories they are told to report by city officials. It is a worthless paper now. Sad. Didn't use to be that way decades ago. Given the state of affairs at the Journal now, it would almost be better to not have a "hometown" newspaper at all now.

Does anyone at the Journal have any desire (or guts) to challenge the city's propaganda machine? Are any of you Journal employees tired of being involved with the city propaganda pipeline? Are any of you aware that your publication has gone downhill the last few decades as it relates to objectivity? And finally, why does the Journal allow the city manager or any city official dictate the quality content of it's paper?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2018 at 8:05pm
Obviously if u ? anything from Admin/Council, u r sent to the end of the bench. Everything is quietly buried @ Donham

Those taxpayer purchased/giveaway properties in the former downtown area are a teetering house of cards without Admin/Council and opm, and have produced little to nothing besides expense

jmo of course
tell me why I am wrong please.....

Maybe this group needs a very pointed and serious retreat?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic