FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Les Landen Didn't Fully Retire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Les Landen Didn't Fully Retire
    Posted: Feb 20 2018 at 4:32pm
Looking at the latest council meeting notes posted on the newly formatted city website, one finds information concerning an apparent newly created position for the retired Les Landen, former Law Director.

Yeah, it seems old Les has gone and gotten himself a job in his retirement working 20 hours a week as a "consultant" in the legal department. The memo gave a salary range but didn't define the salary amount. Wonder why? The rest of the position announcements did.

Imagine that. Another public sector double dipper at the taxpayer's expense.

Keeping it all in the family!

Another interesting item in the council agenda is a letter from Chief Muterspaw announcing in April, a DORA deal in the greenspace across from the Manchester Hotel. This letter announces that Holly Owens has requested longer hours for this event so the attendees can come earlier and stay later with the intention of bringing more people to their downtown area. Must now be grasping at straws to create any interest at all in their little downtown world. Apparently not as many people coming to their little events down there as they wanted. Imagine that.

Side note:

Check out the new website for the city. It's nicely done but I notice it promotes their downtown at every step of the way. Larry Mulligan starts it off by narrating his segment with the focus on his downtown with some info. on the S. Main St. area of course. The website is full of downtown promotions as if the rest of the city doesn't exist. Mike Combs of Caldwell Banker Realtors gives a talk on housing choices in town. He falsely eludes to the great school system as a benefit to buying a home here. C'mon Mike, seriously?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2018 at 4:40pm
imo DORA drives as many people(families) away than it attracts(drinkers).
nbd, since the former downtown area bars are boring and make boring generic drinks.
buddhalite View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2018 at 5:43pm
DORA certainly keeps me and my family away from downtown - and FWIW actually, downtown keeps me and my family away from downtown!

The website is better optimized for mobile platforms - but I see no difference in content from the old to the new.....

As for ol' Les - you knew he wasn't just going to retire and go away.....good ole' boys don't retire, they die in the saddle!
"Every government intervention [in the marketplace] creates unintended consequences, which lead to calls for further government interventions." -Ludwig van Mises
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic