Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Wife

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Wife
    Posted: May 11 2018 at 4:18pm
Just like to take a few moments to honor my wife. As many of you know, she had many medical issues in her life. She had pheriferal vascular disease in 1991 and had four bypasses from that. She had a heart attack in 1996 and in 1998 and recovered from those. She had a paralyzing stroke in 2009 and my son and I started our caregiving experiences then. She had internal bleeding when her blood thinner tanked on her plus a major infection that put her in the ICU at Atrium for a month. She recovered from that as well. She had a genetic defect in her blood resulting in a poor immune system and finally, she had another infection on March 22, 2018 that put her in the Coronary ICU at Atrium. Her heart was attacked and it damaged the heart valves. She was transferred to Sycamore Hospital's Life Care unit in Miamisburg on April 18th for longer term care. She passed away there Thursday at 1:03 AM. On Sunday, May 6th, we celebrated our 46th anniversary. My son and I were called to the hospital but didn't make it in time as she passed just minutes before we were able to arrive. She looked so peaceful when we said our goodbyes. We are currently making plans with Brietenbach Funeral home for her cremation and will have a service for her at St. Pauls Church in downtown Middletown in the upcoming weeks.

My wife loved to do crafts in the 70's and 80's. She handsewed quilts, did needlepoint, crocheting and other crafts as well. She loved the group Chicago and 60's music from the Beatles, Searchers and others. She loved cats and had her favorites along the way. She like her coffee and Marlboros until 2009 when she stopped cold turkey. She was a pro on the computer until her stroke took all those skills away in 2009. She was a very social person and made friends easily. She came from a poor family and grew up in northern Indiana in the Westville, LaPorte, Michigan City area with two older brothers and one older sister. I met her in 1971 at Rickenbacher AFB in Columbus in the barracks parking lot for the first time just a year before I got out of the service.

She worked in Columbus in the 70's at Motorists Insurance, then in the 80's, at Ohio Oil and Gas Association in Newark Ohio. She finished up at P&G at Sharon Woods Tech Center in 1999 and, because of her medical issues, took a medical retirement from P&G.

She was a wonderful person and always put others ahead of herself. I saw her do many nice things for people during my 46 years with her.

Thank you for letting me get some of this grief out for now. It is somewhat of a relief to talk about her and helps relief pressure of her loss.

God Bless all of you for your understanding. My son and I are still hurting plenty right now. We are busy getting our affairs in order at this time.

VietVet

I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2018 at 4:54pm
My condolences
U can read the love in the above post
Analytical View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2018 at 5:11pm
May peace, understanding and appreciation of your 46 years together help to soothe your loss.  May you and your son share remembrances about good times and those days when your dear wife was not affected by medical issues.  She's in a better place now, Terry, and I believe that GOD is in her care until such time as you and your son joins her.
buddhalite View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2018 at 9:44pm
Viet,

May peace of God that passes all understanding comfort you and your family during this time of grieving.  My prayers are with you and your family during this time.

Bob
"Every government intervention [in the marketplace] creates unintended consequences, which lead to calls for further government interventions." -Ludwig van Mises
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2018 at 11:13pm
My friend Vet (Terry),

You have our deepest condolences.  Be assured that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your son.

Mike and Dawn
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
whistlersmom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whistlersmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2018 at 3:14pm

I would like to humbly add condolences to the several sincere expressions of sympathy already expressed here. You and your family are held in high regard. May the Lord help you through the pain of your loss, knowing that your loss is Heaven’s gain. Nick Kidd would like to add his condolences here also.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing" Edmond Burke
Analytical View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2018 at 2:25pm
Terry and Son -

I spoke with Vivian Moon this morning and she extends her heartfelt condolences on the passing of your dear wife.  She sadly lost one of her daughters (Angela) a couple of years back and can fully identify with the sense of loss that you both have.

GOD Bless
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2018 at 8:35am
So sorry for your loss.  It was always obvious how much you cared for your wife in your posts here.  I hope you and your son find some measure of peace in the cominug days and weeks.
There are two types of people: those that talk the talk and those that walk the walk. People who walk the walk sometimes talk the talk but most times they don't talk at all, 'cause they walkin.'
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2018 at 6:06pm
All.....

We have been busy making the proper arrangements for my wife. We have finalized plans at the funeral home and have arranged to have a nice service to honor her life. The service will be downtown on June 9th (Saturday) at 1PM at St. Paul's Church of Christ on Broad St. (across from the library). We want to meet at 12 noon for introductions and will have music from her favorite groups playing from Chicago and the Beatles. This information is posted to provide specifics. It is in no way intended to put any pressure at all on anyone to attend. We hope you will attend and are invited to participate if you would desire.

God Bless all of you for your kind responses of sympathy. You don't know how much this means to my son and I to know that people care. I appreciate your acts of kindness here. We are having a tough time dealing with this at this time and kind comments from my MUSA friends certainly help.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2018 at 8:48am
Just a reminder for all of you concerning the celebration for my wife on June 9th at 12 noon at St. Paul's Church in the downtown area.

My son and I would be very happy if you chose to attend. It will be a short service and won't take much of your Saturday.

Just like to share her life with you. It is a comfort to talk to others about her.

Thank you in advance if you decide to attend.

God Bless all of you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic