Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, April 25, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown's Formula for Downtown Success??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Analytical View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2018 at 5:19pm
Spiderjohn, you encouraged VietVet and me to, "Let it go for a while—take a break and actually enjoy yourselves"....

Like VietVet, I'm doing so.

However, may I respectfully suggest that your subsequent expression about my "lingering bitterness" isn't very helpful.

Thank you.

middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2018 at 5:22pm
I've been saying what Spider said for years. Too many people are living in the past. Nelson does not  even live here yet he continues to infect this forum with his pettiness and bitter feelings. GO AWAY!! Buddah, I commend you for your viewpoint and forward thinking. I too was  savaged by bitter people living in the past. Please keep sharing as I enjoy your optimism. We need people like you to offer thoughts and solutions to problems in the city, not just complain endlessly with no solutions like others. Nelson please focus on your town and making it better. Your resentment of city administration is not healthy. Do yourself, and positive minded people a favor and leave this thread until you can be positive and offer solutions. Your constant complaining is wearing thin on everyone. I hope one day you can find peace. 
Middletown... Bright past BRIGHTER FUTURE!!!
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2018 at 8:06am
Posted: Jun 30 2017 at 10:56am by Analytical
MiddieMom -

I've researched your MUSA posts and didn't find any suggestions as to how the City of Middletown may bolster
the lagging local housing market, downtown, job creation, etc.  In addition, in response to your laudatory
comments regarding so many wonderful improvements in the city, I found no cited project examples that you've
inferred.

You're now well known as someone who posts derogatory (and inaccurate) comments about me and others.
You're also the supreme cheerleader of community betterment deals, etc. promulgated by current city senior
staff.  In response, when it comes to you, I believe that "truth is only in the eyes of the beholder."  I would
also observe that "ignorance is bliss."

Posted: Jul 01 2017 at 7:55am by Spiderjohn
we cant even maintain the status quo
we deserve better swohio
former downtown is swarming with police while people are overdosing on every other corner
rough night for emt and junkies last night

at least Gracies and the wine bar are rocking!
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2018 at 10:14am
Nelson, when did you become so sensitive? You just need to let go of Middletown or find another city to worry about. No one cares what a resident of another city thinks. Can you find a new hobby for the sake of yourself and others on this forum? Or as I have suggested before just talk into a mirror and save us all from your bitternss. I hope for your health you can find peace.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2018 at 10:16am
Middiemom, your comments about Buddhalite are a bit paradoxical and strangely humorous given his frequent
and relevant posts about the actions of senior city staff and their questionable city-subsidized activities.  Are you
speaking of the same person?  Which way is it?  As a "blind faith" supporter of the folks at One Donham Abbey,
how do you reconcile this?

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2018 at 4:00pm
Thanks for these two participants recent encouraging private message excerpts........

1)  No matter what is said against you, it is still refreshing to read your posts concerning the data you present and what is
has done to the city. I, for one, am glad you are a participant.

2)  These people are idiots and don't deserve your help. The ridicule here is not worth it.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2018 at 9:03pm
Hey Nelson—the information that you have provided has been very enlightening. Many thank you for those efforts.
You had an unfortunate experience here—very troubling and sad, though you are hardly the first or worst case scenario to be stomped on by bureaucracy.
You left to hopefully find peace and improve your life. Hopefully that happens eventually.

Everyone understands your point and thinking.
Where do you expect your continued repitition to take us?
That is the part that I don’t understand—everyone is not prioritized to your liking. Doesn’t make them right or wrong and doesn’t make them bad people.
Your time here was short and your experiences limited.

What is it that you REALLY want from or for Middletown?
processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2018 at 1:17pm
Analytical,
You just demonstrated Spider's point by the following post
"
Posted: Jun 30 2017 at 10:56am by Analytical
MiddieMom -

I've researched your MUSA posts and didn't find any suggestions as to how the City of Middletown may bolster
the lagging local housing market, downtown, job creation, etc.  In addition, in response to your laudatory
comments regarding so many wonderful improvements in the city, I found no cited project examples that you've
inferred.

You're now well known as someone who posts derogatory (and inaccurate) comments about me and others.
You're also the supreme cheerleader of community betterment deals, etc. promulgated by current city senior
staff.  In response, when it comes to you, I believe that "truth is only in the eyes of the beholder."  I would
also observe that "ignorance is bliss."

I gave up on this forum many months ago as it seemed to always be the same points...ad nauseum...by people with poor attitudes who had an ax to grind.  

My understanding is that you were let go by the City.  If this is the case, you're not the first person to be fired...and won't be the last...speaking from experience.  For your own health, let it go.  

I'm interested though in your answer to Spider's question...what is it that you really want?
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2018 at 2:12pm
Total agreement, processor. I agree with Spider also that Nelson, while extremely negative, has provided a lot of information to this forum. I just wish he could find peace in his community and let go of old grievances. Is his community not fortunate enough to have a forum where citizens can come together to offer solutions to city problems in a productive and positive way that we do? For the sake  of his physical and mental health, I hope so. My husband was downsized during the recession also. He holds no grudges  has no conspiracy theories,  has many hobbies and thankfully moved on to successfully work for himself. I and my family are blessed that he could do this instead of taking another course. He is an inspiration, and a role model  to our  children.

Oh well, off to West Central Wine for a glass (or two Wink) with friends. 
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2018 at 11:50am
May the posts of You, Buddhalite, Processor, Spiderjohn, Itsamee, FmrMide81, etc. spur increased blog participant and other resident involvement in helping to remedy the city's community development issues.
processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2018 at 1:50pm
Middie Mom,
I hope you enjoyed your glass, or two, of wine at West Central.  West Central is a fun place to go.  Hopefully it's a start to get more of these places.
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2018 at 10:57am
Don't forget to plop down that buck for the DORA wristband.......
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2018 at 7:50pm
Middletown Journal-News - September 2018
New Downtown Refreshment Area Regulations

Internet News Article Link:

https://www.journal-news.com/news/changes-coming-middletown-outdoor-drinking-area/dj3kcbzJdvUVlC7GWdwvPL/
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2018 at 8:48pm
We did, Nelson. Thank you. I share your optimism in hoping that our downtown thrives. We are getting close. Granted, we have work to, do but everyday we get closer to our shared goals. By the way, congratulations to all of the best of Middletown winners. Such a wonderful event put on by the young Middletown professionals. Looking forward to this for years!!!!!Thumbs Up

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2018 at 11:22am
Middiemom -

Did you ever take the time to respond to Buddhalite's recent and reasonable request for the submission of MUSA
participant comments and suggestions regarding the betterment of  'downtown' Middletown?  If not, I'm certain that he'd
still appreciate a submission from you.
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2018 at 4:12pm
Nelson, please, please let go. This is really getting to be borderline obsession for you. Again, I and many others, hope for your health and peace you can focus your energy on something positive in your community. 
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2018 at 4:59pm
Beginning to wonder just who is obsessed with whom?
Maybe u2 could just get a room?
lol j/k
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2018 at 5:55pm
Spider, like VietVet, I'll try again to withhold any comments (subject to being 'needled' again by Middiemom or Buddha).
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2018 at 6:08pm
Spider, so so funny. I just want the negativity to end. Point taken though!Thumbs Up
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2018 at 6:56pm
The future of Middletown remains highly dependent upon the engagement of more civic-minded residents like VietVet,
Spiderjohn, you and others like Vivian Moon, Whistlersmom, Acclaro, etc., who (unfortunately) no longer participate.

There continues to exist many community betterment challenges that requires the most cost-effective, highest/best use
examples of governance.  In that regard, your love of Middletown is duly noted.

Please refrain from any further character assessments.  Your feelings are now very well known.
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2018 at 7:58pm
Yeah, Nelson. Let's listen to people who live in the past. Great strategy. Confused  Spider is a forward thing individual that isn't mired in the 1950's. i value his opinion. I don't agree with some other opinions but respect their input in THEIR city. THEIR city. I have absolutely no idea why you continue to be consumed with our sleepy little community. You pay no taxes here and have no vote. Grind your axe somewhere else where you can make a difference. I wish you well and pray for you to find peace.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2018 at 9:28pm
Please refrain from any further character assessments of me and certainly not of lifelong Middletonians like Vivian, VietVet, Whistlersmom, etc.  Please..
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2018 at 11:10pm
Vet, Vivian, and Whistler's mom will always have a voice here as taxpayers and voters. Those who have no stake in the game and have fled the city....
.well bye GIF
redbengals View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbengals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2018 at 1:29am
Originally posted by middiemom middiemom wrote:

Spider, so so funny. I just want the negativity to end. Point taken though!Thumbs Up

says one of the MOST negative people on here. 

Please excuse any grammar or spelling errors because I have better things to do and quite frankly do not care
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2018 at 8:58am
Red Bengal, I am always positive about this city. It’s the likes of you and other bitter people who are stuck in the past that offer up the negativity. Look in the mirror. Sheesh! On another thread they are trying to destroy a businesswoman who is trying to make a difference in her community. Somehow I think Nelson is still out here. 🤔
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic