FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
redbengals View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redbengals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airport
    Posted: Oct 04 2018 at 10:42am
More than 2 million for an airport that less than 3% (less) uses?
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2018 at 10:03pm
{ crickets chirping}
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redbengals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2018 at 11:25pm
You are ok with it? 
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2018 at 1:42pm
I-like the majority of the populace- couldn't care less. If they don't waste it there they'll waste it elsewhere
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2018 at 8:50am
possibly everyone is hoping that these improvements provide flights out of here?
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2018 at 7:22pm
Heeheehee-luxury departure lounge, port-a-john and pamphlet holder with maps to anywhere out of town at the "Arrivals" gate...
buddhalite View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2018 at 9:40pm
Yeah,

I am against the development of the airport - frankly no flight could ever take me out of Middletown cheaper than Frontier out of Cincinnati - and it's a 35 minute drive at most. 

I don't understand some of what I have read - the skydiving thing pulls in 80,000 tourists a year?  Where are these 80,000 tourists?  That's 222 tourists/day - I have a hard time believing this.

Additionally - these 'aviation' jobs I fully believe are bogus.  Is there an airline looking to make Middletown a maintenance hub?  If so - we better be making more and longer runways - or else we're not gonna be able to support the traffic.  What exactly are these jobs?

Heck - we just spent $400k (and we had to borrow it from the MMFers to do it) to pave a new driveway for this money hole....

I'm in agreement - it's hard to get to awfully wrapped up in all this mess when if they don't spend it on the airport - they'll spend it on paving over the bricks or making a river into a lake or selling property at zero dollars for motorcycle shops that never open to ........ argh.  Never mind.
"Every government intervention [in the marketplace] creates unintended consequences, which lead to calls for further government interventions." -Ludwig van Mises
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2018 at 10:02pm
How does MMF have $400,000 to “loan”?
Taking our tax $$$, then charge us interest to “loan” back for public use?
Hmmm...-
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redbengals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2018 at 3:30pm
If you go to our Savior Adkins FB Page, he is pictured with headgear onboard and aircraft. It is possible that he is simply a passenger but it begs the question. 

MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redbengals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2018 at 3:33pm
It seems like Adkins bends over backwards to spend money that is needed elsewhere while the city taxpayer bends over forward. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic