FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back In The Real Estate Business Again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back In The Real Estate Business Again
    Posted: Jun 04 2019 at 9:32am
Journal story...
MIDDLETOWN —
Cincinnati State’s Board of Trustees has made its decision on the future ownership of the 2 N. Main St. building and the new owner is its former owner, the city of Middletown.(Then why does the city keep telling us they want to get out of the real estate business?) What about the other white elephants they own like the Manchester? Will they give this building away for a dollar to yet another unqualified developer like Grau down the road when they can't unload it?

The decision ends several months of uncertainty about the building’s future. In July 2018, the college issued a nonbinding letter of intent to transfer the building to the Art Central Foundation. However, in January, Middletown officials objected and declared its desire to retake ownership of the building for future redevelopment.

It also appears there is some tension between the downtown artzy people, Cincy State and the city on this....( I thought they were all one happy family in their downtown utopia)

The city’s objection surprised Cincinnati State officials, who put the transfer on hold to avoid jeopardizing their relationship with the city. The delay also derailed the Art Central Foundation’s redevelopment plans for the building.On March 6, the city formally requested that the building titles for 2 N. Main St. and 1021 Central Ave. be returned to the city. The board’s action does not affect the 1021 Central Ave. building.

“We’re deeply disappointed with the decision,” said Sue Wittman, Art Central Foundation executive director. “We were not surprised by the decision based on the past few months and are not 100 percent in acceptance of this.”Wittman said she believes Cincinnati State was “pressured” into a decision to transfer the building to the city. Uh oh.

Looks like we have some fracturing of trust here. I thought the city was working hand in hand with the downtown supporters to create a "major artzy, cultural metropolis" on the west side. Say it isn't so!

I like this statement from the city manager....

"“We are pleased that we will be getting the First National Bank building back for redevelopment,” said City Manager Doug Adkins."

Yeah, the city has a shining track record on redevelopment. Just aces.

Need to stick to just turning Middletown to dust with demolition. The city is very good at that. A lot of "open air spaces" down there as the picture depicts on the downtown overview. Looks pretty desolate Mr. Adkins.

I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic