FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Agenda 2008- Journal Article-Dec 28

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2009 at 4:22pm
We are ideally positioned...
Bread and circuses...
A fresh coat of paint...
Don't be so negative...
Don't dwell on the bad things...
Just give us a little time and things will get better...

THOSE are all of the same things that they were saying THIRTY YEARS AGO, when I left, and TEN YEARS AGO when I moved back, and last summer, and last week, and TODAY!!!

WHAT "good ideas"???  It's the same old program that we've been hearing about for years, that "just needs a little time"!

"Parachutes do NOT work when you're trying to jump UP!!!"

Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2009 at 4:44pm
The best things in life are right here. Don't be so naive to say anyplace is any better than right here in Middletown.

I'd rather have the company I work for in Middletown than any suburb in Detroit. (The whole state of Michigan for that matter, lol)

But seriously, everyone is struggling. The big cities are going bankrupt as is California.

We are no different.

Lets be constructive in our criticisms and helpful with a few solutions.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2009 at 7:16pm
Jonathan how much more constructive do you want us to be, than we need to tackle the issues that are killing this City.  Education, Poverty, Section 8, Businesses leaving/closing, infrastructure, etc.

Naive is not having an ongoing discussion about these issues with your Community and at least trying to resolve some of them and just telling the community, we have "great parks" and "Middletown has a Bright Future".  Now the citizenry would probably be more incline to go alone with the "Bright Future" if we saw some progress being made on the big ticket issues.  Not Business signage issues being enforced at the worse possible time and Red Light Cameras playing Musical intersections.

If I followed the City's response to everything.  I would look at my business and smileBig%20smile and think Pacman you have a "bright future" in Middletown.  But don't worry about your business being down 25+%....and don't do anything about it, just keep smiling Big%20smile and  telling yourself you have a "bright future" in Middletown.  Hey Spider maybe you should try that too.Wink

MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 12:17am
My business pretty much "dropped off the face of Middletown" in December.
We have had a busy week, but not with any local businesses. Our out of town clients who trust us and keep coming back. We are looking up, but not locally. Did City Council do any of this for us? Chamber? NO.
We did it ourselves with our reputation and close contact with those "good" clientele. Our service speaks for itself.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 8:00am
So Mom exactly what does the Local Chamber do for the small business owner?  Do they have a stance on the excessive Poverty in Middletown?  Do they have a stance on the excessive Section 8 in Middletown?  Have they contacted their members about these issues for comments, ideas, concerns?  Do they have a stance on the Signage issue at this time?  Have they formed a committee of local businesses owners to even look at these issues and discuss them with the City?  The City doesn't appear to even want to acknowledge that these matters even exist.   Do they feel that these issues are even important or is it a "don't ask and don't talk about it matter"?  I was a member of the chamber for a few years but I didn't see much value in it for the small guy so I dropped it.

To me these are prime issues that need to be discussed by the Chamber in Middletown among the Business community, but I feel like the sole voice of concern about these issues in Middletown, as no one else really even cares or dares to talk about them.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 12:53pm
I'll put our Boys' Band up against any other city's this side of Chicago!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic