FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Birthday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Birthday
    Posted: May 09 2009 at 10:16am
Happy 61st Perplexed. Thanks for joining us on this site and thanks for the informative posts about the secret society we fondly refer to as our city government. Keep up the good work and enjoy your day. I'd suggest that you go to BBQ Junction for ribs to celebrate but--- oops! it crashed - go boom!
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 9:15pm
Thank you Viet Vet.  And, thanks again for your service to our country.

No matter what any senior city staff member may bravely say, there's ample evidence of mismanagement, waste of HUD funds, conflict of interest, etc.  This information has been made available in great detail to the now-defunct HUD Consolidated Planning Committee (including Mr. Amburgey), three City Council members, and one prominent member of the local print media.

The question that nobody has answered is, "How many years has it been since HUD sent staff here to Middletown to conduct a truly detailed "MONITORING" of the CDBG and HOME Programs?"  It's quite alot longer than two years as reported by a senior City official at the most recent City Council Hosing SubcommitteeYou might want to report the number of years that have passed since the last true monitoring visit.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2009 at 9:42am
Perplexed - Thank you sir for the kind comment.   The way things are going here with the secrecy and the "behind closed doors" operation of this city, I would like to see a state investigation/audit, unannounced, of the city building operation, department by department with concentration on the city's finances. And not this "hometown creative auditing" that we have seen in the past. Right now, I'm thinking of the movie Mississippi Burning at the end when the investigations have been concluded and the sentencing is being handed out as they are led away in cuffs. I am envisioning that at the city building here. Ahhh--great scene.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic