FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown School's Criminal Element

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown School's Criminal Element
    Posted: May 31 2009 at 9:06pm

48 student's arrested....243 citations into juvenile court ?!! I almost fell out of my wheelchair when I read that article. What is going on in Middletown school's ? With a record like that who in their right mind would want to relocate to this town ? Could it be this is why Price is looking for a job ? Has our school system turned into some type of breeding ground for future convicts ? Dead

No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2009 at 7:00am
Hermes- Told this many times before and if you were around then, you already know this. Middletown's schools (and town itself) were top notch in the 60's and started the decline in the 70's. It has been a slow decline that has run parallel to the decline of the city. New people coming to town and deciding to run for key positions on the school board and city council, native Middletonians who knew the "character"/ "climate" of the town moving away over time, all have contributed to the school and town demise. Neither the schools nor the town resemble the better times. The city leaders with their insistance that we have an abundance of Section 8 are killing this town as to image, crime, performance in the schools,etc. The town has literally become a welfare town and it is known throughout the entire area. Price is but a long list of superintendents that have contributed to the failures/negative reputation that the schools now have. The schools made the choice, forced by some parents, to abolish corporal punishment. When they removed the rules enforcement threat, the kids took over and are now intimidating the so-called "authority" figures. Principals, Assist. Principals, teachers-- even the superintendent and this lousy school board now look the other way and refuse to deal with the out-of-control problems that THEY have caused by eliminating all deterrants to improper behavior. Until yesterday's article, the police were supporting the school's discipline program and we're willing to work as a partner with the schools. Now, even the police have an issue with the way the schools are handling their discipline problems and are getting tired of responding to the number of calls to the schools. The police are patient people, and when they get frustrated, it's got to be bad. They are now questioning what Price and the school people are doing about the troublemakers. IMO, Price is looking for a new job because he knows that this is a damaged school system, he feels overwhelmed by the number of Section 8 students that are contributing to the poor performance and knows there is no opening at the other end of the tunnel. He feels trapped now and is seeing the "walls come tumbling down" (along with John Cougar Mellencamp) You can't make the radical changes this town/schools need with the same people. That's why we must----uh--- CLEAN HOUSE IN NOVEMBER and then CLEAN OUT THE DEADWOOD IN CITY HALL/SCHOOLS BY FIRING A WHOLE BUNCH OF PEOPLE. In the meantime, the schools need to go back to being hard core and start ignoring these whiny "don't touch my kid" parents. Hard line treatment is the only thing that some of these kids understand. A student "boot camp" run by ex military personnel might jolt them enough to get right. I will be the first to volunteer because I would like it!
General Patton View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2009 at 8:23am
Viet Vet -

Once again you speak the plain, simple truth!  Keep on keeping on!  Middletonians need your voice of reason!

NRS
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2009 at 9:08am
Vet that's a good explanation if I ever heard one. I don't have school age children since mine are grown so I actually had no idea. Nothing like it was when I went to school. What a shame.
retired co View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2009 at 12:29pm
You can't believe how bad its gotten I've ived in Middletown for 40 years moveed here right out of the military. Kids in the neighborhood new their activities would bring rath down from Mom and Dad if neighbors caught them doing something wrong. Gio too a school assembly where awards are being presented to kids or a concert. The kids not participatating are running amuck yelling disrupting everything. I go to see my Grand Kids who i'm very proud of get their awards for being on the Honor Roll each grading period or the concerts. All my Kids went to Monroe when they were in some type of school function Monroe didn't have all the distractions . They made the student audience behave and conduct themselves accordingly. Its a shame that Middletown can't follow this I was at monroe recently and ob sserved thje kids acting well behaved no disruptions in the assembly.  What happened in Middletown? 
retired co View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2009 at 12:31pm
Sorry about the punctutation errors and mispleed words misplaced my glasses hard to view keyboardD
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2009 at 6:51pm

Breakdown of arrests at Verity Middle School

By Meagan Engle | Monday, June 1, 2009, 05:40 PM

Here is the breakdown of the 77 citations into juvenile court issued at Verity Middle School…

Misdemeanors

Assault: 9

Criminal Mischief: 4

Criminal Trespass: 3

Disorderly Conduct: 31

Drug Abuse Marijuana: 2

Obstructing: 3

Possession of Tobacco: 1

Probation Violation: 2

Unruly: 5

Sell of Drugs Prescription: 6

Theft: 9

Felonies

Weapons in School, knife: 2

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2009 at 7:07pm

Breakdown of arrests at Vail Middle School

By Meagan Engle | Monday, June 1, 2009, 05:52 PM

Breakdown of the 51 citations into juvenile court issued at Vail Middle School this school year:

Misdemenors Unruly: 13

Disorderly: 14

Assault: 6

Theft: 2

Menacing: 3

Receiving Stolen: 1

Criminal Mischief: 1

Criminal Damage: 2

Drug Parap.: 1

Drug Abuse: 2

Poss. Drugs: 1

Felonies

Illegal Conveyance: 3

Pandering: 1

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2009 at 7:13pm

Breakdown of arrests at Middletown High School

By Meagan Engle | Sunday, May 31, 2009, 09:59 AM

Here’s the breakdown of citations into court issued at Middletown High School:

Misdemeanors

Aggravated menacing 2

Assault 13

Criminal damaging 2

Criminal mischief 10

Criminal trespass 16

Disorderly conduct 97

Domestic violence 1

Drug abuse marijuana 10

Drug paraphernalia 6

Ethnic Intimidation 5

Falsification 1

Inciting to violence 9

Inducing panic 5

Menacing 13

Obstructing 26

Possession of tobacco 13

Receiving 2

Resisting arrest 4

Theft 10

Unruly 62

Warrant arrest 2

Felonies

Arson 2

Attempted vehicular assault 1

Assault 2

Breaking and entering 3

Conveyance 1

Corrupting another 2

Fleeing scene 1

Obstructing 1

Pandering 3

Theft 1

Thomas Jefferson
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2009 at 7:36pm
SO--the east end schools lead the crime wave
no surprise
way to go, parents!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2009 at 10:14pm
Ah, I believe if you do a little homework you will find that a significant, if not most of the East End Children are bused to Vail.  At least that is what the Address finder on the school website shows for my neighborhood and my sons friends.  By the way don't all kids in Middletown that go to Public Schools go to the same High School? 

Thomas Jefferson
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2009 at 10:48pm
Thank you for that breakdown Pacman. As I stated before,what the hell is wrong with these student's ? When I was in school or even my children it was unheard of for student's to be arrested or cited. (Sure kids that skipped school was always in trouble) I'd be curious to know how we stand against a major city like Cincinnati,New York or some other big city and see how the record's are for student problem's like this. I think Forbe's should do another article. Wink
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 8:25am
Hermes the interesting part is at the High School you have 48 individuals committing about 250 crimes, which averages out to about 5 apiece and according to the Middletown School Website the school has 1800 students.  Now a little math shows us that 2.66% of the student population is causing the majority of the problems for the other 1750 kids and the School System.  Do I need to draw pictures for the School Admin and BOE on what needs to be done with these 48 kids.  Depending on what the arrest is for I can see a second chance for some but after that second chance you're outta here. 

Thomas Jefferson
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 9:14am
I can see the numbers there Pacman and it's pretty sad. I think not only do we need to clean house in council but the school board also. One crime in school is one to many. There is no excuse at all for any criminal behavior in a school setting. How does Price & the board justify this type of behavior ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic