FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$300 fee ??!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $300 fee ??!!!!
    Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 12:57pm
A town in California (Tracy) will be charging 911 callers a $300 fee if they refuse to sign up for a $48 per year 911 service. I thought thats what taxes paid for but apparently not in this town. Sounds like a great extortion scheme to me. Refuse to pay the $48 and get charged with $300 instead. Who is running this town the Mafia ?!!
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 2:23pm
Had a ride in an Ambulance lately, even in middletown.  You think your taxes are paying for that, too, try again. 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 4:06pm
Sounds like the citizens of Tracy need to band together like the folks in Orange County Ca.(??) did years ago when they did a Proposition 13 and refused to pay their taxes. Perhaps the Tracy folks should do the same. Power in numbers...the city can't take 'em all on. Then, like here, they need to throw all those who have agreed to this out on their fannies. Federal, state and local.......It's time folks...... it's time.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by wasteful wasteful wrote:

Had a ride in an Ambulance lately, even in middletown.  You think your taxes are paying for that, too, try again. 

Taxes never did pay for an ambulance that I'm aware of. But our taxes does pay for 911 service via our phone bills. This story is only about the service not responses by fire or ambulance.

My wife was saying she read where a family was charged $28,000 for a house fire response from the fire dept. some where. I don't know the details of that.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 4:27pm
Hermes your taxes pay for the Medics, Ambulance, fire fighters, fire trucks, equipment etc.  If they want to bill me as we go cut my taxes and refund the Public Safety levy back to the community.  

Fire Departments Charge for Service, Asking Accident Victims to Pay Up
Victims, Insurance Companies Complain Fire Departments Are Double-Dipping for Services Paid by Taxes

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 6:45pm
didn't Orange County recently file Bankruptcy?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic