FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown's New City Manager

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bill Rogers View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown's New City Manager
    Posted: Dec 20 2007 at 9:12am

Judith A. Gilleland, currently City Manager of Pickerington, Ohio will start in her new capacity as Middletown's City Manager come January 2008.

At a December 14th swearing-in ceremony for newly elected officials in the Middletown City Building Judy Gilleland made her first public speech to her new neighbors. Middletown, Ohio City Manager Judith A. Gilleland
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2007 at 11:43am
Contratulations Judith Gilleland.

Xponex Media welcomes you as our new city manager.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2008 at 3:36pm
Ms. Gilleland has had some time in office and has had opportunities to get to know the "pulse" of the city government and the people of this city. I'm sure that she realizes that there are two camps in town. The camp that agrees with the way that the city is being run and, in reality, has the largest influence as to decisions made for the town. The "other camp" sees the town differently and holds accountable, those that are making the decisions. These people see most of the officeholders and city employees as in need of some major help in the competence arena. They see waste and incorrect decisions that have resulted in fiascos such as Lake Middletown, Bicentennial Commons, the City Centre Mall and the street repair program that has been ignored, resulting in the deterioration of the infrastructure and streets. I have observed Ms. Gilleland with a look of shock and bewilderment on her face in some instances at meetings and on committees. I would imagine that she, at times, believes she has walked into a viper's pit.Welcome to Middletown. It's a shame that you couldn't have been here during the 50's/60's when the city was run properly.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2008 at 5:56pm
Fine lady who will make a positive difference if given the chance.
I like her very much.
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2008 at 1:37pm
Yes, and she is sending me her weekly updates to council for posting here.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2008 at 2:12pm
Read Ms. Gilleland's report. Thank you for posting it. Had some comments pertaining to the different activities she had listed. Under the Regional Meeting- info. is vague at best. Specifically, wonder what they talked about that will affect Middletown?Shouldn't the citizens be informed? Under the Red Light Camera section- Revenues have been declining as reported earlier in the Journal. Still a debate whether the cameras deter light violations or whether with people slamming on their brakes to avoid running the light, causes rear-end collisions or loss of control of the car. Under Economic Development meeting with local businessess. Beside locals, wouldn't it be prudent to include any new businesses that are entertaining thoughts of locating into Middletown so that they could make an informed decision as to the climate of doing business in Middletown? Under Retail Attraction with Murphy- cart before the horse on this one.Should be JOB attraction with Murphy. Under meeting with Council and the Butler County people- again, shouldn't the citizens be informed at least with an overview? Just my observations.
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2008 at 3:02pm
You raise some good points, but at least we are getting some kind of communication from the city manager. Before it was what ever you saw on TV Middletown or read in the journal.

Also, this city manager has been very receptive to my questions. If she doesn't answer me directly, she always sends me someone who will. I say nice large step in the right direction.

So out of all the things you mentioned, which one would you like to see answered first?
John Beagle

Middletown USA

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2008 at 3:34pm
John- I have already posted these same comments on Ms. Gilleland's notes that you provided.The comments section asked for an E-Mail address, so I'll assume that she will respond to some of the comments that I made. Thank you. I agree that she is trying to communicate better than the previous managers. I don't always agree with her ideas and answers, but I welcome comments that stimulate discussion.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic