FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THIS JUST IN!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THIS JUST IN!!!
    Posted: May 04 2010 at 10:31pm
With 100% of the vote counted, MIKE PRESTA HAS WON the race for Precinct Midd2Ward1 Republican Central Committee!!!

ALSO:

With 100% of the vote counted, PAUL NAGY HAS WON the race for Precinct Midd6Ward4 Republican Central Committee!!!

These results remain unofficial!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 10:37pm
I would like to SINCERELY THANK all of you who saw fit to favor me with your vote!!!

I pledge to do my best to assure that the very best Republican candidates possible will be endorsed by the Butler County Republican Central Committee!!!

Mike Presta
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 10:50pm

OOPS!!!

...HOLD THE PHONE!!!  Even though the votes were in...it looks like things are changing!!!

Shocked
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 11:08pm

County election website ‘under attack,’ director says

By Josh Sweigart, Staff Writer Updated 10:46 PM Tuesday, May 4, 2010

HAMILTON — The Butler County Board of Elections website is under attack from an outside source, according to Board of Elections Director Betty McGary.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 6:46am
Wait a minute Mike. I believe we have a conflict in your statement. You state " I pledge to do my best that the VERY BEST REPUBLICAN candidates......."    Can one use the word best (implying quality and top notch) and the word REPUBLICAN in the same sentence and the sentence still have meaning?
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 10:57am
Vet,
I have to agree that the term "best" is, indeed, relative when speaking of candidates of EITHER party in the recent past. Big%20smile

However, all that I can do is the best that I can do.  That is why I decided to pursue this very local office to try to improve the quality of candidates offered to voters in county elections for the next few years.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 11:12am
Congratulations Mike! It was nice meeting you at the Tea Party last month.

Also congratulations to Paul Nagy.

Good to have you boys on the Republican central committee.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 11:54am
Mercy! Presta and Nagy? Poster kids for "Troublemakers and rebel-rousers". Couldn't we have gotten some soothing distinguished, prominent pillars of the community to fill these slots? Instead, we get these "hooligans", "rebels" and "hippies" Well......congratulations........I guess.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 12:03pm
Mike- there you go again......using the words "quality of candidates" in a sentence, referring to the Republican Party. Oxymoron. I know what you're doing , mister. This is nothing more than a ploy to gain a foothold into the realm of the MMF-city leader-high roller plateau that you aspire to be a part of. You have "stepping up to the big time down the road" on your mind, so that you can start fraternizing with the big doggies on council. Pretty sneaky, but we see your little scheme! You and Spider-secretly skeeming to be "in the club". Oh the shame of it all.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 3:36am
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Pretty sneaky, but we see your little scheme! You and Spider-secretly skeeming to be "in the club". Oh the shame of it all.

Vet,

As W. C. Fields (or was it Groucho Marx?) once said: "I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have ME for a member!" LOL LOL LOL
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 4:00pm
Could it be a worse day for our community?

Area headlines(on the area news services--all about Middietown)include:

CITY WORKER KILLED--TWO FIREMEN INJURED
PUPPY ABUSER GIVEN JAIL TIME
LLAMA KILLERS TO BE TRIED AS ADULTS
14YO ROBBER/RAPIST PLEADS NOT GUILTY

First of all---deepest sympathy for the family of the city worker, and best hopes for the injured firemen.
What exactly is in our sewers? On my way to one of my business locations this morning, I pulled over to let the initial fire crews pass by. I looked to see who was in the truck--were these the firemen that were injured?

As for the last three stories--my goodness. What have we become?
Is life so meaningless any more, especially in the young minds?
I spent the morning in city municipal court.
The stories above are just the tip of the local iceberg.
They are hardly isolated incidents.
I can't imagine the depession/frustration that Judge Wall must feel after a day like today.
And I have sat through worse days down there.

THIS is the picture of ourselves that we are sending to our neighboring communities.
THIS is truely what our city has become.
THIS simply cannot continue.
Dead man walkin' View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dead man walkin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

I spent the morning in city municipal court.
What crimes were you charged with?
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil" (Psalm 23)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic