Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, April 18, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Just Curious Did any one actualy watch the Grammys
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just Curious Did any one actualy watch the Grammys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just Curious Did any one actualy watch the Grammys
    Posted: Feb 13 2011 at 11:49pm
Did any one actually watch this or care about them?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 1:36am
The last granny I watched on TV was the one on The Beverly Hillbillies!!!   LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 9:31am
If someone had promised me that Gilleland would be fired only if I watched the grammys I still wouldn't watch.

Gaga,Bieber,rap crap,why would any decent human being watch that crap ? (And yes I'm old and grumpy) Evil%20Smile
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 9:34am
I had it on in the background while I was on the computer last night just long enough to realize I didn't really care all too much and changed the channel.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 11:07am
Not me, I was flipping channels, saw they were on, made a conscious effort NOT to watch.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 12:44pm

I would rather sit and watch Mike Brown talk than watch the Grammy's. I would rather watch hours of Obama on TV than watch the Grammy's. No one on that show any more has any talent or can sing at all. I wish they would cancel it altogether.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 12:57pm
Watched some
Thought the Aretha tribute was bad, but not as bad as Dylan
Loved Lady Gaga
Muse had great visuals
Missed Jagger
Didn't know any of the music or artists
And I listen to music 24/7
Love the WNKU format on the former WPFB

Just stick to the MU-M Artist/Lecture Series
Trombone Shorty-Chris Thile/Punch Bro.-Keb  Mo
Randy Newman this Saturday
All every bit and more than what you watched last night
jmo
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Hermes Hermes wrote:

If someone had promised me that Gilleland would be fired only if I watched the grammys I still wouldn't watch.

Gaga,Bieber,rap crap,why would any decent human being watch that crap ? (And yes I'm old and grumpy) Evil%20Smile

While some may believe Hermes, that he is hatin' the rap gendre, I have it on good advice, from a respected member of this site,(I won't name names.....randy), that Hermes is in possession of one of the most prolific, diverse, all-encompassing rap collections in the entire Midwest, if not the entire country. Dr. Dre, Eminem, and Tupac inspired his musical tastes as the story goes. The source also tells me that not only does Hermes enjoy the rap, he lives it wearing the ball hat with the tag sideways on the head, the baggy pants (one leg shorter than the other of course) and large enough to drive a bus through, and gold colored shoes, suitable for "his hood" Prior to finding rap, randy says, Hermes was a big fan of Marilyn Manson.

Now, I don't believe a word of this Hermes. Your Bengal pal randy is doin' all the talkin' here.

On the subject of Gilleland being fired....I'd even watch the View if someone gave her the walking papers.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2011 at 12:56am
I wouldnt give you 2 cents for the whole lot of the Hollywood crowd,if I acted like some of them do they would send men in white coats to take me away.What an elitist bunch of useless people (90%) any way.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2011 at 1:51am
Vet ! Yo wat up dog ?! I b hang'n N da hood wit ma posse an we B duin rap yu knows wat I say right ?
Aint no thang dog ! I be down wit dat ya know.I may have ta write a rap fo ya Vet. Cool
Yeah I be rap'n down at da VA wit da doc's & nurses ya know,it all cool dog !
LOL

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2011 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Hermes Hermes wrote:

Vet ! Yo wat up dog ?! I b hang'n N da hood wit ma posse an we B duin rap yu knows wat I say right ?
Aint no thang dog ! I be down wit dat ya know.I may have ta write a rap fo ya Vet. Cool
Yeah I be rap'n down at da VA wit da doc's & nurses ya know,it all cool dog !
LOL

Hermes- your mastery of the street talk is impressive. I'd have thrown in "crib", "chillin'" and "gangsta" somewhere in that paragraph. Probably a couple more "yo's". Believe Randy Jackson on American Idol would have had "dog" in there at least 30 more times.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2011 at 10:03am
Vet...you know how hard it is to try to "think" in that dialogue ? LOL

But yeah I could have used a few more yo's and dogs and some other gangsta choice words LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic