FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fox pleads guilty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fox pleads guilty
    Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 8:05pm
Any one think this guy will do any of the 4 years ? And no fines ? If I pulled some of this guys tricks it would be over for me.Thumbs%20Down

.S. District Court

Fox pleads guilty to federal charges, faces 4 years in prison

By Michael D. Pitman, Staff Writer Updated 6:31 PM Wednesday, March 9, 2011

CINCINNATI — Former Butler County politician Michael A. Fox pleaded guilty today on two charges — conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and filing a false tax return, according to court records.

He faces up to 48 months in federal prison but no fine as part of his plea agreement in U.S. District Court. He will be sentenced in 90 days.

An IRS investigation will determine how much restitution he may owe.

Fox, 62, admitted to acts of public corruption while an elected officeholder serving on the Butler County Commission, according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney. The U.S. Attorney’s Office said Fox and Schuler in 2002 “conspired to improperly benefit from Butler County contracts involving a (fiber optics) company doing business with the county,” and that they failed to report income from the deals on their federal income tax returns.

Fox served as a representative in the Ohio State Legislature for more than two decades, and nearly a decade on the Butler County commission before serving as director of the county’s Children Services through 2009.

According to documents filed today in U.S. District Court in Cincinnati, Fox had faced up to a 20-year sentence for the conspiracy charge, a three-year period of supervised release and a $250,000 fine. For the false tax return charge, Fox could have faced three years imprisonment, a one-year period of supervised release and a $250,000 fine.

All the other charges will be dismissed upon sentencing, and pending Judge Sandra Beckwith’s acceptance of the plea agreement.

Schuler, 47, now faces 12 to 18 months of home confinement and a $50,000 fine as part of his agreement after pleading guity to filing a false tax return.

The pleas avoid an April 11 trial scheduled for both men.

Contact this reporter at (513)

820-2175

or

mpitman

@coxohio.com.

Follow at twitter.com/mdpitman.

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 12:54am
I heard tonight the old crook is only getting 2 years out of the prison deal and that will no doubt be at Club Fed.

Maybe Butler County should name a few more highways after him and put up a bronze statue some where.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 3:19am
Old crook is right ,it reminds me of the old mob movies where the bosses show up in court in wheelchairs and oxygen tanks.Two yars and he gets to keep all his money what a sweet deal for the taxpayers of this state and county.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 6:21am
All of you who vote probably do the same thing I do when I'm standing at the voting machine punching buttons and casting my votes. I don't pay attention to the judges during their time behind that bench and what they did when sentencing. Were they too lenient? Too harsh?....Did they go for the plea deal time and time again? etc. Then, when I see the names of the judges on the ballot, I am in no position to vote for any of them and still be assured I did vote for the ones that I agreed with. Do we all really pay attention to and remember what these judges did during their term behind that bench? If we don't start paying attention to the sentences they hand out, we run the risk of getting these light sentencing judges who are full of forgiveness to offenders like Fox and other notable people who have broken the law.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic