FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State of the City And Protest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State of the City And Protest
    Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 11:57am

Does anyone plan on attending tonight, either to hear the mayor give his State of the City or to join in on the protest that should be going on outside? MUSA will be down there tonight to get some footage of all the action.

I may try grab an interview with a few people.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 12:29pm
Yes. I am currently planning on being there tonight with a group of my scouts. We were invited by the Mayor's office to lead the opening Pledge of Allegiance. Be nice to my boys, they're only 7 & 8 years old!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 12:38pm

Do I have your permission to film them doing the pledge and post on here? Are you going to the protest too?

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 12:45pm
Let me get back to you on the permission part for sure (I need to ask the parents of the boys who show), but it would probably be okay since my understanding is that it is going to be broadcast on TVM as well.

Not going to the protest as I'll be in uniform and BSA guidelines from National state that we cannot attend political rallies while in uniform.
Elliot Mess View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Mess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 1:17pm
I will not be attending Mayor Sunshine's speech.  Since AJ will be there protesting, it will be a good safe nite to stop by Applebees for a bite to eat and a few cocktails.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 1:33pm

Did anyone get Aj's robo call about the protest?

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 1:39pm
It will be interesting to see if the Mayor and the "speech" folks are influenced by the protesters, or if they will choose to just ignore them like they do your average citizen.

This will be a city function. How does AJ, as a city official, get to choose which side of the street he wants to be on? Doesn't his city duties come before his personal preference to support the union cause and didn't he commit to those city duties when he took the oath for councilperson? How does that work folks? Would this be the same as if he was suppose to be at a council meeting and he decided to stand outside council chambers and protest with the city workers? Dunno.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 1:45pm
Vet, Do you remember or did you forget? AJ is the LAW!!!! LOL
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

Did anyone get Aj's robo call about the protest?

Randy, I got a robocall that was a little garbled sounding......but then again it sounded just like AJ.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2011 at 10:58am
I think the event went pretty well, and was very pleased with how my boys did leading the pledge especially given their ages!
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2011 at 11:01am
Scouter, your boys did very well; you should be proud of them!!!
Elliot Mess View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Mess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2011 at 5:34pm
It was quite pleasant at Applebees last night. Everyone was well behaved as there were no rowdies drinking on a city expense account.
I guess all the freeloaders must of been at Pendleton.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic