FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

@SQUARE in trouble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: @SQUARE in trouble
    Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 8:10am
Seems @SQUARE lost all employees and their liquor license.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 11:07am
This is horrible news.

Do you have a source on this?
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 11:53am

Not at all surprised.....

Observer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 1:57pm
For what its worth......I dropped in @ the square last night and they only had three sandwiches on the menu, were serving wine/beer/mixed drinks and working with a skeleton crew.  I hope they can get back up and running full steam.
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 6:23pm
Basic business skills, if you have it on your menu, have it in the kitchen.  Will never go back until I hear they can get it together.  I hope the hotdog guy can follow this rule.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2011 at 8:36am
Liquor license issue seems pretty muddled. Found out @square does not own liquor license. Cheesecake Chris holds the license and lets @square use.

Not sure how they get away with this.
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2011 at 1:40pm
I think it is common practice when an establishment with a liquor license changes hands the license goes to the next person without having to change the name on the license. The old BC's license was the one for Brandy's Water Wheel for the longest time I remember hearing.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 3:16pm
@square down for the count
Liquor license is pulled
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 3:47pm
sad news for the owners, employees and customers
was only there once(meant to get back there--my bad), and was treated well.
Courteous and professional--food was fine--bar was fine--ambiance was good

there simply isn't enough everyday draw in the area(or any area of this town btw).
pac can't do it--the beau verre complex can't do it--other empty buildings can't do it
COMBINED they can't do it--even though the do their best.
Sitting on large mostly empty "mothballed" structures surely isn't going to do it.
Bringing in 200 more Section 8 vouchers(approx.1000 more people without income) isn't going to do it.

Maybe it comes down to meaningful employent for whomever in the area can hold a job should be the ONLY concern at this time. This town is empty in all areas. On weekends, there is little to no auto traffic ANYWHERE. Which means no business support. If you count on locals for your income, then you are in a very tough situation.

And we currently don't even have a functioning economic development department.

Who is steering this ship?
And to where?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 7:48pm
Service was horrible when I visited. I think a business like this can make it if the right people are managing/running it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic