FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gordon Reprimanded by MCF Board

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gordon Reprimanded by MCF Board
    Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 8:29am
Mr Gordon was severely reprimanded by Middletown Community Foundation Board for
comments Gordon made about Roger Connor owner of Flowers by Roger at the foundations annual meeting.

Supposedly Gordon made a comment regarding Connors support for him and his family since Gordon's arrival in Middletown. Evidently the Board did not appreciate Gordon's reference to the gay community in Middletown.

What do you think?
Kelly View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 8:40am
I'm not surprised - just look at the names of those on the Board. And seriously, I myself wondered how long before Duane would rankle them.

My family and I totally support Duane and his family.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 11:16am
The work at the Middletown Community Foundation is overseen by a volunteer Board of Trustees and several volunteer committees. These individuals represent the greater Middletown area and are not compensated for their service. (DO THEY REALLY REPRESENT THE GREATER MIDDLETOWN AREA OR THEIR OWN AGENDAS?)

The officers of the Community Foundation’s Board for 2011-2012 are:
Bob Flagel, President
Cathie Mulligan, Vice-President
John Venturella, Treasurer
Jim Burke, Secretary
Larry Powell, Immediate Past President

Board Members:
Doug Bean
Tim Carlson
Edwina Blackwell Clark
Roger Conner
Kee Edwards
Ron Ely, trustee emeritus
Hon. Rhonda Freeze
Patricia Miller Gage
Richard Isroff
Hon. Larry Mulligan, ex officio
Hon. Noah Powers
G. Michael Pratt, ex officio
Hon. Kathleen Dobrozsi Romans
Mike Sanders, ex officio
Carole Schul
Tom Scott
John Singleton, ex officio
Verlena Stewart
Bill Triick, ex officio
Mike Wallner
Tom Wiley
Mary Deas Wortley

The efforts of individual committees are also vital to the Community Foundation’s success. Our present standing committees are as follow:

Administrative: Bob Flagel, Chair; Jim Burke, Ron Ely, Rhonda Freeze, Cathie Mulligan, Larry Powell, John Venturella
Finance and Investment: John Venturella, Chair; Don Pelfrey, Vice Chair; Jim Burke, Edwina Blackwell Clark, Ken Cohen, Tom Dowden, Rhonda Freeze, Richard Isroff, Jackie Noonan, John Peterson, Larry Powell, Tom Scott, John Singleton, Don Smith

Development and Long-Range Planning: Mike Scorti, Chair; Doug Bean, Roger Conner, Candice DeClark, Tom Dowden, Bob Flagel, Patti Gage, Cathie Mulligan, Noah Powers, Andy Singer, Mike Wallner, Tom Wiley

Distribution: Cathie Mulligan, Chair; Lou Christy, Sarah Cunningham, Tom Dowden, Kee Edwards, Steve Gallagher, Richard Isroff, Anita Scott Jones, Becky Martin, Don Pelfrey, Mike Pratt, Kathy Romans, Carole Schul, Mike Scorti, Tom Scott, Gene Snow, Verlena Stewart, Tom Wiley, Ron Williams, Mary Deas Wortley

Nominating: Larry Powell, Chair; Bob Flagel, Sarah Kaup, Cathie Mulligan, John Peterson, Mike Scorti, Gene Snow

In addition, several special committees exist, such as our Crystal Apple Judges, Past Presidents Council, Mary Jane Palmer Nunlist "I Love Middletown" Award Committee, Mary Maurer Volunteer of the Year Award Committee, Scholarship Readers and Interviewers and Youth Advisory Council. If you would like to be considered for involvement on one of our committees, please call us and let us know!

AN IMPRESSIVE ARRAY OF MOVERS AND SHAKERS LISTED HERE......SOME HAVE DONE DAMAGE TO THE TOWN.....SOME, NOT SO MUCH. KINDA SURPRISED MORT ISN'T IN THE MIX. OF COURSE, MULLIGAN HAS HIS NOSE STUCK IN THINGS HERE AS WELL AS SCORTI. OTHER MMF'ERS IN THE CROWD ALSO. SAME OLD SONG....SAME OLD INNER CIRCLE PEOPLE CONTROLLING KEY COMPONENTS OF THE TOWN'S OPERATION. THERE IS NO JUSTICE NOR RETRIBUTION FOR THE GENERAL POPULACE OF THIS CITY.

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 5:22pm
Surprised by the timing and situation.
I expected this to happen after Mr.Gordon's MJ rant against a church(Solid Rock?) a while back.

not aware of this situation or what was said, though it obviously occured at an MCF function.

Mr.Gordon's involvement with the Dolly Parton reading program, I believe that it is still functioning today.is a wonderful concept that fits our local situation perfectly.

So--who was really rankled, and why the fuss now?

I learned a very important lesson from my MCF ordeal:
Watch to whom you make your  charitable donations and how those donations are used.
You might be better off to donate locally and DIRECTLY to the trusted organizations of your choice.
Control your own gifting(money). You will probably get much more bang for your buck.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 2:36pm
Some wanted Gordon fired, not because of his sexual orientation, because he once again showed a lack of sensitivity to his role at MCF. This is not his first reprimand but will be his last.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 3:11pm

Those in high profile non-profit positions need to understand that they are paid to do a job and to be rather vanilla in their public persona.  Tone down the advocacy of issues.  Same applies to AJ Smith and his union thumping.

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 3:35pm
Couldn't agree more Bill!
DuaneGordon View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DuaneGordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 4:33pm
Yes, I made a statement toward the end of the annual meeting when I was sharing fond memories about each of our four retiring trustees, including Roger, and said that I appreciated his “courage to be himself” over the years and how I felt that made it easier for my family to be in Middletown today. I was intentionally vague in my language so as to try not offend anyone, but I understand there were two or three complaints made after the meeting about the statement. Those complaints were shared with me by two members of our Board so that I would be aware of them, but to say I was “severely reprimanded” is quite far from what actually occurred. This was not something that was ever even discussed by our Board. It was just an individual conversation with two of our trustees.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 5:16pm
Thank you for your clarification Duane.  Keep up the good work.
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2012 at 12:18pm
Duane I really appreciate the childrens book program - I take advantage of it.  Keep up the good work.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2012 at 11:02am
Originally posted by DuaneGordon DuaneGordon wrote:

<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">Yes, I made a statement toward the end of the annual meeting when I was sharing fond memories about each of our four retiring trustees, including Roger, and said that I appreciated his “courage to be himself” over the years and how I felt that made it easier for my family to be in Middletown today. I was intentionally vague in my language so as to try not offend anyone, but I understand there were two or three complaints made after the meeting about the statement. Those complaints were shared with me by two members of our Board so that I would be aware of them, but to say I was “severely reprimanded” is quite far from what actually occurred. This was not something that was ever even discussed by our Board. It was just an individual conversation with two of our trustees.</SPAN>

Dwane Gordon, thanks for coming on here to tell your side of the story. I appreciate all you do for the community. Thank you
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 1:20am
So typical of MUSA posters spreading lies and non-truths.
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 5:17am

Kelly:  “My family and I totally support Duane and his family.”

spiderjohn:  “Mr.Gordon's involvement with the Dolly Parton reading program, I believe that it is still functioning today.is a wonderful concept that fits our local situation perfectly.”

Bill: “Thank you for your clarification Duane. Keep up the good work.”

Bobbie:  “Duane I really appreciate the childrens book program - I take advantage of it. Keep up the good work.”

John Beagle:  “Dwane Gordon, thanks for coming on here to tell your side of the story. I appreciate all you do for the community. Thank you”

Originally posted by SupportMiddletown SupportMiddletown wrote:

Why does SupportMiddletown denigrate Mr. Gordon while MUSA posters support him?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 6:34am
Originally posted by SupportMiddletown SupportMiddletown wrote:

Support.....and those lies and non-truths would be? Please cite the lies and non-truths so that we all can learn more.
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 6:31pm
 In my opinion it was an inappropriate comment!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic