FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Is The Policy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Is The Policy?
    Posted: Jul 02 2008 at 7:09am
What is the policy on city owned department pickup trucks being taken home each evening? There is a Middletown city truck from the street department with the little yellow bubble light on top, that sits in a private drive. I see this truck every Saturday and Sunday mornings on Manchester Road east of Dixie Hwy. as you approach the top of the hill as you go over I-75, to the right. Are supervisors allowed to take city owned vehicles home on weekends? Are the city owned vehicles allowed to be taken and parked outside the city limits?( or is this location still in Middletown?) I thought this was part of Warren County at the top of the hill on Manchester.??? Anybody?
drumford View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2008 at 12:24pm
Not knowing for sure but willing to give the benefit of the doubt do you think this city worker is officially on call for the weekend?
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it is open.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2008 at 12:51pm
Could very well be on call. Don't know. Might be allowed to take the truck home but not be allowed to use it for personal use, don't know. Also don't know if this city worker is not allowed to do this but is not closely watched so is getting away with this, don't know. Wouldn't it look better to the public, if the city vehicles were left on city property and the person were to drive to the work site if called to pickup the work vehicle? This would remove the notion of impropriety wouldn't it? I must use my personal vehicle to get to my worksite when I'm scheduled for weekend work on occasion. Just asking questions about a government entity that I don't trust.I wouldn't want my ( and your) city government officials to place themselves in "public jeopardy" and ruin their pristine reputation with the public.( he said with a certain amount of sarcasm)
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2008 at 5:36pm
City work never ends. Sometimes workers work evenings and weekends. Lets not assume the worst.
drumford View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2008 at 3:43pm
Could also be a timing thing, maybe this worker can respond much quicker to an immediate need if they don't have to drive into town to pick up a truck.  Could be this worker spends most of their time in the area of his/her home and it has been determined that parking at home saves the city many many gallons of gasoline each year.

Don't know but if it was a concern to me I think I would call the city and ask.
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it is open.
Ernie View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2008 at 9:43am

A city truck sitting at someone’s home? How about a Middletown Police vehicle sitting in a subdivision just blocks away from Lebanon High School every evening. It sits on the street next to a sign that reads, NO PARKING ON STREET”! I fail to understand with a department of three shifts why one or two and probably more city vehicles are allowed to transport themselves to and from their home that far away. A mileage allowance would seem better and less cost effective. They’re great need for a city vehicle on standby at ones property driving it home every day doesn’t even compare to the times it was called into a needed situation. Just a personal observation on a matter that struck my eye.   

.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2008 at 12:14pm

The pickup truck is not that suspicious as I can see how having quick access to your tools might be required if you were on call. But the police cruiser in Lebanon is much harder to understand.

HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 3:31pm
I have seen that police cruiser in Lebanon as I have friends that live on the street.  They say that is where the officer lives and he brings it home when he is on call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic