Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More Red Light Cameras Needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 10:24am
Actually, I don't believe that Marianne was on the Advisory Board when red light cameras were discussed.
The MU-M rep at that time was probably Dr.Ewers.
Though Marianne's husband would have probably been there back then.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2014 at 5:04pm

There is a bill on Governor John Kasich's desk that essentially will ban traffic cameras in the state of Ohio. 

The bill requires local governments to station a police officer at any intersection where a red light camera is operating. This move would make the cameras useless and too expensive for most cities to operate.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2014 at 6:25pm
Yep John and what are all these cities going to do-do-do without all that easy extra cash to fill their coffers?

rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2014 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Paul Nagy Paul Nagy wrote:

Of course, the camera took the picture and they charged me a hundred dollars. With all of the problems we were dealing with I held the bill for about seventeen days. I answered the summons and told them that it was a medical emergency and I did the right thing under the circumstances and I would do it again under the same circumstances. They added another $25 in penalties and refused to give me a hearing because I didn't respond within fifteen days
Paul Nagy

Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Another red light camera story from the Journal......

Cameras used for more than red-light violations, police say
The controversial cameras are also used to help solve crimes.

When the motorist receives the citation in the mail, they can either pay the $100 fine, which increases $25 if not paid within 30 days; or argue against the ticket in Middletown Municipal Court.

Sounds like Mr. Nagy was charged the $25 against City policy
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2014 at 9:10pm
I thought the red light cameras were already ruled unconstitutional after by a judge after citizens were not afforded the opportunity of a trail after receiving a ticket.

Didn't I read that they the red lights were to stop being used already? I know I seem some flash around town still

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic