FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tyus fools 'em again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tyus fools 'em again
    Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 11:43am
From the Cincinnati Enquirer:
Tyus elected president of Butler Tech school board
Contributed By: Sue Kiesewetter | Enquirer contributor
Two new members have joined the Butler Tech Board of Education.

Pete Robinson replaced Mike Miller as the Madison Local Schools representative on the 11-member governing board. Tom Leeds joins Brett Guido to represent the Monroe Board of Education.

Each of the 10-member school districts appoints one of its board members to serve on Butler Tech’s board. The 11th seat rotates among school districts, changing each year to have an odd number on the board.

At its organizational meeting, the board elected Rev. Greg Tyus – the Middletown City School’s representative – as its president for 2013. He is beginning his third year on the Butler Tech board.

Glenda Holt, the Ross Local Schools’ representative, was re-elected vice president.

The board will continue to meet at 6:30 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month at the Education Resource Center, 3603 Ohio 4.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 6:00am
I don't know Mike. While I wish to thank the Rev. for his service on the school board all these years, I still can't recall anything noteworthy that he has accomplished or contributed. Can anyone remember some of the contributions from Rev. Tyus? Just seems to me that he has more or less just sat there during meetings with little to no energy behind that desk. Perhaps he tends to be a person who contributes "behind the scenes". Dunno.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 7:36am
Rev T is a good man who listens and understands most points of view.
He hasa long school board history(which is a tough board to keep your sanity), and did a stint on Commission
subbing for Sonny Hill?

Being a little tough here, Vet--
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 11:02am
"Being a little tough here, Vet"...

No Spider. Wasn't my intention. My post asks questions and speculates, but I wouldn't call it tough on him. I actually can't recall what he has done in these many years as a school board member and ask if anyone knew his accomplishments, that's all. I understand that the man has a long tenure as a school board member, but what has he done in his long tenure? Fair question, I believe. No doubt he volunteers his time to get involved but it's a drastic difference between volunteering your time (commendable) versus what you accomplish while volunteering your time. Many people volunteer/participate/join many organizations just to pad their resume to use it as a stepping stone. Don't really accomplish alot. Scott Nein did that, going from a school board member to a rep to a state senator. Noah Powers did the city council thing to get his foot in the door to achieve more lofty goals as a judge and to get his name thrown around the political arena. So did Nancy Nix and Paul Nenni.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic