FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 New Exits for Middletown?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 New Exits for Middletown?
    Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 10:04am
I was on the Middletown's Website a few months back, and I found Plans for 2 new Exits for I-75 and Middletown. 1) Was for Manchester @ I-75 2) was for Greentree Road @ I-75 with a connection to Oxford State Rd. 

Are these plans still on the table, or have they been pushed back?
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 10:15am
I'm guessing these drawings were a wish list and not something that will actually be feasible within the next decade.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 10:22am

The Master Plan has exits at both locations from a planning perspective.  Much work, cooperation with neighboring jurisdictions and funding sources need to be found before this can happen.

I believe when Mike Robinette was ED the focus was on the Manchester Rd. Exit.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 10:31am
I would love the Greentree Road & Oxford Street exit to go in mainly because of the amount of Semi-Truck Traffic on Ohio 122 and the amount of Engine Breaking, and Red Light running that goes on by the truck drives.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 11:18am
Originally posted by ktf1179 ktf1179 wrote:

I was on the Middletown's Website a few months back, and I found Plans for 2 new Exits for I-75 and Middletown. 1) Was for Manchester @ I-75 2) was for Greentree Road @ I-75 with a connection to Oxford State Rd. 

ktf....based on what has happened in the last two decades, this is probably wishful thinking. The Journal has had stories on Manchester Rd. having freeway access for the last two decades. As soon as the subject comes up is as soon as it dies.

Middletown would have to incur some of the cost for these new ramps along with the state and fed portions and I doubt if they have any money at all at the city building for this. It's all going downtown. JMO
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 11:23am
I know when Austin blvd. was installed on I-75 they were able to get Springboro, Miamisburg, Miami Township, and Washington Township  together to plan out the interchange. I am sure the impacted communities could do the same. If anything I would think that Trenton would be interested in getting a Greentree Exit installed, as a way to bypass Ohio 122 and Ohio 63. But I do know Oxford State Road is in dire need of widening and repair as well. 

Edited by ktf1179 - Jan 17 2013 at 11:30am
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 11:35am

I would love the Greentree Road & Oxford Street exit to go in mainly because of the amount of Semi-Truck Traffic on Ohio 122 and the amount of Engine Breaking, and Red Light running that goes on by the truck drives.

Little history here...... It use to be worse. The steel truck route to the Wikoff Gate at AK has been Roosevelt Blvd for years. Didn't use to be so. In the 50's (or 60's), Roosevelt was cut through to aleviate the steel truck traffic that use to travel Grand Ave. past the Breile/Grand intersection, past Jackson Lane. Kensington, Orchard St. to cut over to the Wikoff Gate. Lived with my grandparents on Grand/Dorset intersection at the time and while the steel truck noise was taken for granted, it was still annoying at times. More history from that time......Grand Ave. use to be a two lane road in the 50's and use to be the only way in/out of town to the east as it wound through the corn fields on either side of the road where Frickers, LaRosas, White Castle, Plaza 122, the car dealership at Route 25 and Roosevelt, Frisches, Lonestar, etc. are now. Was a straight shot out to the freeway before they made that little jog where Grand meets Roosevelt. Made it into the four lanes you see today back then.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 7:54pm

Ktf,
I doubt that these interchanges will happen.  The first reason, as others have pointed out, is money.  There are many other locations in Ohio that could easily out-justify these two locations for the large expenditures necessary.

The second reason, at least for the Greentree Road location, is location.  If I am not mistaken, current federal standards for interstate highways dictates at least ONE MILE between any interchange ramp and the ramp for the next interchange.  I doubt that a properly engineered interchange could be designed for Greentree Road with the ramps at least  one mile from both the 122/Middletown ramps and the 63/Monroe ramps.  Of course, I could be wrong.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 6:04am
ktf: "If anything I would think that Trenton would be interested in getting a Greentree Exit installed, as a way to bypass Ohio 122 and Ohio 63."

Don;t know about the Greentree exit discussion, but years ago, there was discussion and attempts made to get Rt 63 extended west into Trenton so that Miller Brewery could have a direct route for their trucks to haul the beer to I-75. Never happened. Couldn't procure the land from the bend going to Rt. 4 south to have 63 continue west to Trenton for the project. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that folks)

Oxford State Rd. has been a mess for decades. Drainage issues, pothole issues, you name it. No effort that I know of to improve it.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 7:38am
Come on you are telling me, our congressman The Speaker of the House is unable to secure federal funding for these pet projects for his district LOL Sad to say you all might be right, we won't see anything get done unless there rise road accidents or traffic.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 9:30am
ktf we won't see anything get done unless there rise road accidents or traffic. this won't happen with the camera's in the right spot... LOL you might get the speaker to drop flyers telling everyone to get out as soon as possible LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic