Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Which is Better For You: A Laptop Or A Desktop?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which is Better For You: A Laptop Or A Desktop?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which is Better For You: A Laptop Or A Desktop?
    Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 2:57pm

When considering buying a new computer for home, or renting laptops  for our next training class at work, I wondered if there was any benefit to a laptop or desktop. It seems like so much of what we hear about today is the latest and greatest in laptops, notebooks, readers…. every thing portable. Some might argue that the desktop is a dying breed.  But yet, there is something that draws us back to the, dare I say it, nostalgic days of having that sturdy fixture placed firmly on the desk.

So how does one make such a costly decision? I want the high-performance and the modern efficiency without sacrificing affordability and convenience. Is that too much to ask? Well, let’s look at some facts. Laptops are portability with identity distinction. However, they are known to have fixed peripherals with limited upgrade options and usually don’t have discrete graphics.

So we rate high on the convenience and chic factor if you choose a highly recognized or most recent name brand. Laptops can upgrade the RAM and hard drive but this is a small consideration since most desktop users don’t upgrade their systems during their lifetimes. If you  are not a gamer or 3D artist the graphics issue is a mute point. Add-on upgrades are available for a pretty penny  and high graphics laptops tend to be large and heavy, thus knocking out the affordability factor if you are set on high graphics for gaming or design.

Continued here

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic