FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dem City Red Light Cameras Again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dem City Red Light Cameras Again
    Posted: Jan 16 2009 at 7:15am
Looks like Ms. Gilleland, Major Hoffman and others are on their way to signing another contract for our infamous red light cameras. Guess they're not too happy that there hasn't been any revenue generated since December.( I thought the emphasis for the cameras was on safety- not revenue) Gee, what a surprise! Apparently people are getting smarter in avoiding those intersection with those pesky cameras. Now, they may order more cameras and move the ones they have to other locations to surprise us again and collect those revenues until we all "get safer" ( or they start losing revenue at the new locations, whichever comes first) Sneaky little buggers, aren't they? They're just too smart for the average citizen.            
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2009 at 9:16am
I'm on the fence on this one. I like technology.

But is this big brother?

Here's what I think.

Use red light cameras to monitor and send warnings. Certainly any blatant repeat red light violation should result in a ticket and worse if proved in court that they repeatedly and purposefully violate laws.

But that shouldn't be the goal of the red light cameras. The goal is to get people to stop at all red lights. To protect our citizenry, not penalize it every chance the city gets.

Bottom line, its not really tit for tat. Its the laws in general. All laws will have some level of enforcement when it comes to video and camera evidence from security cameras. Violate a law and there will be a good chance that you will be caught on a security camera.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Bwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2009 at 1:49pm
But warnings don't generate revenue!
Looking for news or information on display technology? If so Visit the Monitor Blog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic