FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water Main Break

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Main Break
    Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 7:41am
The Middletown Journal states that the city discovered a water main break on Central Ave February 16th. That break has been there since the ice melted! I know I drive by there everyday! In fact, there were 2 city trucks checking the situation out last week! I guess that this proves the old statement right, "What is blue (now white) and sleeps 6?" A city of Middletown work truck!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 10:46am
The 2 city trucks were, no doubt, waiting on the the Team Leader to approve the fact that there was a water main break. The two supervisors will be called to verify what the Team Leader saw ,and, after lunch, the DIrector and Asst. DIrector will be at the site, with Council and the Mayor, for a ribbon cutting opportunity.Approval will then be given to the one worker who will man the backhoe and shovel to get that pesky break repaired! Later, a water break committee will be set up by Council to include regular old citizens for input as previous citizen committee input was highly valued. Later, the Pride group will clean up after the repair.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 11:13am
Hey what the Hell are you all complaining about.  At least we got a free Water Feature.......number 4 that I have seen this year.  Middletown The Holiest City in Ohio.Big%20smileLOL
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 11:40am

I had to run an errand a few minutes ago and drove past there. Lots of red cones and lots of water on the road. Perhaps it's time for that trillion dollar upgrade we have been arguing with the EPA over. YEAH!

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 1:19pm
Just went by there. 6 City vehicles! 10 workers! Must have been a boring day at the garage!LOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2009 at 6:33am
Smartman- any updates from the old water main break? I don't get down there that often to see the progress. I know that this must be a high priority for the Public Works folks if they sent their entire fleet of vehicles, three or four supervisors, no doubt a few DIrectors and other high ranking officials(and, don't forget, the backhoe/shovel guy who will actually fix the darn thing!) to the dig site. Did they contact Voinivich who was in town doing a bus tour of our dilapidated housing to see if he was interested in seeing how our Street folks jumped right on this catastrophe and sprang into action? Nothing will impress visiting dignitaries like showcasing our streets!
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2009 at 12:03pm
They had it done by quitting time. Figure that out! I have not seen so muchWink city work, well, since they last paved the streets!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2009 at 3:38pm
There you have it! Proof that our Public Works folks are ready to spring into action when the weather breaks to fix our streets! Pot hole/water main fixin' heaven is about to arrive! Ahh!, there's a new attitude a brewin' down at city hall!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic