Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post: Why Trump's Winning in BC
    Posted: Oct 04 2016 at 4:35pm

The Daily 202: Want to know why Trump’s winning Ohio? Drink a beer with ‘the deplorables’ in Boehner’s old district.

OHIO: Trump 47 - Clinton 42, Johnson 6

By James Hohmann October 4 

With Breanne Deppisch

THE BIG IDEA:

MIDDLETOWN, Ohio—Many Washington elites, including Republicans, do not know a single person who supports Donald Trump. In this depressed industrial town in southwestern Ohio, it is hard to find anyone who says they are for Hillary Clinton.

“I cannot tell you one person I know of who has said to me that they support Hillary. Not one,” said Chris Polleys, who cleans benzene pots at the AK Steel plant here. “I don’t understand how she’s doing anything in the polls. I see Hillary for prison, but there’s no Hillary for president signs anywhere. It’s just impossible for me to believe that they’re neck and neck.”

A poll published yesterday by Quinnipiac University shows that Trump is ahead of Clinton in Ohio by 5 points (47 percent to 42 percent) and that this is the only battleground state where his lead expanded in the wake of the first debate.

The GOP nominee’s strength can be explained, in part, by his extraordinary popularity with white men who did not go to college in places like this, where Democrats were once strong but which have moved sharply toward Republicans during the presidency of Barack Obama.

Polleys, 40, was smoking Marlboros and drinking $1 Bud Lights with his brother, Dale Baxter, at a bar along the railroad tracks on the edge of town. Baxter, a machinist, said he met a handful of people in Dayton who support Clinton. But he agrees: Trump will win the election in a landslide. They do not foresee any other outcome.

As a train rumbled by, drowning him out and shaking his beer, Baxter paused. After it passed, he explained how Middletown was an All-American City when they were growing up. But the economy declined. Jobs moved overseas. The mall is about dead now. The once grand home that belonged to the owner of a defunct paper mill has become low-income housing. Almost all the storefronts downtown are boarded up, including the movie theater. The pawn shops are the only thriving businesses.

Baxter, 50, joined the Army after high school. After 20 years, he came back a decade ago. “Everything went in reverse,” he said. “Something is keeping us locked in a time warp here.”

Full story:

Wots View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2016 at 7:46pm
Wots
Liberalism: Moochers Electing Looters to Steal from Producers.
What A City View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote What A City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2016 at 6:31am
"The GOP nominee’s strength can be explained, in part, by his extraordinary popularity with white men who did not go to college in places like this, where Democrats were once strong but which have moved sharply toward Republicans during the presidency of Barack Obama"

And there it is. I fit this category of "white men", who, in my case, went to college but dropped out to go into the military.

and,

"Democrats were once strong but which have moved sharply toward Republicans during the presidency of Barack Obama"

IMO, the move was a result of many working people,regardless of party, who have continually seen their tax money used by Obama, to fund the giveaway programs for the favored minorities in the last eight years. As a taxpaying working class person who does not qualify for free handouts, I am sick and tired of the Obama free hand-outs in telephones, health care and education to his chosen few comprising the minorities and "those who are "less fortunate" among us". I am totally dis-enfranchised by Obama and his favored status with only 20% of the country's population while ignoring the other 80%. The guy has made no effort to help any segment of society unless they are a minority. It is painfully obvious, especially in his photo ops, where there is nothing but minorities standing behind him as he speaks. He has managed to alienate the various classes of society to the point of a combative environment and has caused a great deal of class division in the last eight years. Under Obama, it is as if we have been transitioned back to the racial unrest of the sixties.

Many woman are going to vote for Clinton if for no other reason than to support the first female president. The minorities are going to vote for Clinton simply to keep the freebie handout social programs of Obama going for them. That leaves the majority working class, that has gotten the shaft, ignored and had no breaks under Obama, to vote for Trump.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2016 at 12:28pm
Wots, that is a bunch of B.S. I have no idea why the working man would relate to the silver-spooned spoiled Richie Rich. His business "success" is highly questionable since he was handed millions to get started and subsequently filed bankruptcy multiple times. He has been sued hundreds of times -- not just for normal business practices but for awful, dishonest, and corrupt actions.

He is cut from the same cloth as other world tyrants, like Putin, and would probably serve not this country but his own ego. He seems to have no moral compass or core values or ability to tell the truth. He turns flip flopping into a brazen art form. For those who care about morals --Trump's many flaws include narcissism, multiple divorces and, no doubt, many infidelities.

What gets me above all else is that this clown has no past history of living the values that he claims as he panders to his supporters. No history of being charitable or decent, no interest in world affairs, no past evidence that he cares for the working person or tries to keep jobs in the U.S. None of it. All the while he brags about dodging taxes, making money, and moving jobs overseas. And this is the face of the GOP?

I totally understand being queasy with Hillary. I don't like her much either. So why not find a good 3rd party candidate? Anyone but Trump!
Wots View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2016 at 5:38pm
Wots
Wots View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2016 at 5:40pm
 Bill, I can see you enjoy watching CNN (clinton news network)
Why would a working man vote for Trump?
That's pretty much a no brainier. Your suggesting a third party candidate? Really? Name one that even stands a remote chance.

I do agree that the choices are pretty dismal, realistically there are only two choices. My choice is anyone but hitlery..

You were talking about awful, dishonest, corrupt actions, tyrants, moral compass's, truth telling, core value's, narcissism, ego's and moral's, wow, you described hitlery to a T.

Lets not forget the upcoming Supreme Court appointments. Can you imagine what this country will look like 20 years from now if that woman is president? The way that's shaping up there will be at least 2 appointments to made.

Lets take a ride down memory lane and look at hitlery greatest hits. (scandals)

Filegate: FBI files on GOP enemies

“In an effort to discredit the women who charged President Clinton with sexual misconduct, personal files and papers were illegally obtained and released.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hillary’s ‘Muslim Brotherhood princess’

Huma Abedin, who served as Hillary’s longtime deputy chief of staff and has worked with her for nearly 20 years, has known ties to the Muslim Brotherhood
------------------------------------------------------------------

Emailgate: ‘She should go to prison for this’

Hillary_emailIn March 2015, WND reported Hillary kept all her official correspondence as secretary of state, as well as her personal emails, on a private email server located at her home – instead of using the government-mandated process while serving in the high appointed position. Her email system was unsecured for months while she used it for government business, and she did not sign a standard agreement when she left office that promised she had left government property behind.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chinagate: Sale of high-tech secrets

Chinagate, documented by Judicial Watch, was uncovered by Judicial Watch founder Larry Klayman. Technology companies allegedly made donations of millions of dollars to various Democratic Party entities, including President Bill Clinton’s 1996 re-election campaign, in return for permission to sell high-tech secrets to China.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Landing under sniper fire’ in Bosnia

In her March 17, 2008, foreign-policy speech on Iraq, then-Sen. Hillary Clinton recalled a trip she made to Tuzla, Bosnia, in 1996
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hillary’s ‘missing’ law firm billing records

In 1994, federal investigators subpoenaed Hillary’s billing records from her days as a partner in the Rose Law firm during the Watergate scandal. The White House said it didn't have the 115 pages of files.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Pardongate: Hillary Senate contributions

Before Bill Clinton left the White House in 2001, he granted numerous controversial pardons – including to convicted tax evader Marc Rich, whose wife made significant contributions to Hillary’s 2000 Senate campaign and the Clinton presidential library
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hillary’s cash cows and 9,987 percent profit

In March 1994, it was revealed Hillary – with no previous experience – had made massive profits from cattle futures trading between 1978 and 1979, when Bill Clinton’s salary as Arkansas attorney general had been modest.

------------------------------------------------------

Covering Bill’s dirty deeds

The Clintons have been accused of hiring private investigators to not only dig up dirt on perceived adversaries – such as Juanita Broaddrick, the woman allegedly raped by Bill
---------------------------------------------------------

Watergate: Fired for being a ‘liar’

Hillary actually played a role in the Watergate saga, and her actions as a young attorney may have set the tone for her career. (some thing do not change)
----------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hillary laughs about defending child rapist

Hillary Clinton in 1975, the year she defended 41-year-old Thomas Alfred Taylor, who had been accused of raping a 12-year-old child
Hillary Clinton in 1975, the year she defended 41-year-old Thomas Alfred Taylor, who had been accused of raping a 12-year-old child
Hillary explained her defense of a child-rape suspect as just part of the job. But she hasn’t explained her laughing about his passing of a lie-detector test, which “destroyed” her faith in such evaluations.
 (yea she really cares about the kids)

I'm sure this only scratches the surface and this list will continue to grow if she gets into the White House.

Wots
Wots View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2016 at 5:55pm
By the way Bill, care to explain which part of that post was BS?
Wots
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2016 at 9:48pm
The part about Trump having only 1 scandal.  He could have a list about as long as Hillary.  
Wots View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2016 at 9:23am
Maybe so Bill, but I like to look at history........hopefully not to repeat it......... 

REMEMBER WHEN BILL CLINTON WAS PRESIDENT?

If you're over 35, you lived through it, so read it and recollect. Amazing to me how much I had forgotten! For those under 35, read this, verify and don't forget.

When Bill Clinton was president, he allowed Hillary to assume authority over an attempt to health care reform. Even after threats and intimidation, she couldn't get a vote in a Democrat controlled US Congress. This fiasco cost the American taxpayers about $13 million for studies, promotion, and other efforts.

Then, President Clinton gave Hillary authority over selecting a female attorney general. Her first two selections were Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood -both were forced to withdraw their names from consideration.

Next, she chose Janet Reno - husband Bill described her selection as "my worst mistake."

Some may not remember that Reno made the decision to gas David Koresh and the Branch Davidian religious sect in Waco, Texas resulting in dozens of deaths of women and children.

Husband Bill allowed Hillary to make recommendations for the head of the Civil Rights Commission. Lani Guanier was her selection. When a little probing led to the discovery of Ms. Guanier's radical views, her name had to be withdrawn from consideration.

Apparently a slow learner, husband Bill allowed Hillary to make some more recommendations. She chose former law partners Web Hubbel for the Justice Department, Vince Foster for the White House staff, and William Kennedy for the Treasury Department.

Her selections went well: Hubbel went to prison, Foster (presumably) committed suicide, and Kennedy was forced to resign.

Many younger votes will have no knowledge of "Travelgate." Hillary wanted to award unfettered travel contracts to Clinton friend Harry Thompson - and the White House Travel Office refused to comply. She managed to have them reported to the FBI and fired. This ruined their reputations, cost them their jobs, and caused a thirty-six month investigation. Only one employee, Billy Dale was charged with a crime, and that of the enormous crime of mixing personal and White House funds. A jury acquitted him of any crime in less than two hours.

Still not convinced of her ineptness, Hillary was allowed to recommend a close Clinton friend, Craig Livingstone, for the position of Director of White House security. When Livingstone was investigated for the improper access of about 900 FBI files of Clinton enemies (Filegate) and the widespread use of drugs by White House staff, suddenly Hillary and the president denied even knowing Livingstone, and of course, denied knowledge of drug use in the White House.

Following this debacle, the FBI closed its White House Liaison Office after more than thirty years of service to seven presidents.

Next, when women started coming forward with allegations of sexual harassment and rape by Bill Clinton, Hillary was put in charge of the "bimbo eruption" and scandal defense. Some of her more notable decisions in the debacle were:

She urged her husband not to settle the Paula Jones lawsuit. After the Starr investigation they settled with Ms. Jones.

She refused to release the Whitewater documents, which led to the appointment of Ken Starr as Special Prosecutor.

After $80 million dollars of taxpayer money was spent, Starr's investigation led to Monica Lewinsky, which led to Bill lying about and later admitting his affairs. Hillary's devious game plan resulted in Bill losing his license to practice law for 'lying under oath' to a grand jury and then his subsequent impeachment by the House of Representatives.

Hillary avoided indictment for perjury and obstruction of justice during the Starr investigation by repeating, "I do not recall," "I have no recollection," and "I don't know" a total of 56 times while under oath.

After leaving the White House, Hillary was forced to return an estimated $200,000 in White House furniture, china, and artwork that she had stolen.

What a swell person - ready for another four or eight years of this low-life fool?

Now we are exposed to the unsecured keeping and attempted destruction of beyond Top Secret emails while Hillary was US Secretary of State and the "pay to play" schemes of the Clinton Foundation. What "shoe will fall" next.

But to her loyal fans: "What difference does it make?"

Electing Hillary Clinton president would be like granting Satan absolution and giving him the keys to heaven.

If you want obama's mega failed agenda continued, by all means vote for clinton.

So Bill if you want to measure scandals side by side, hitlery wins hands down.
Wots
Wots View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2016 at 9:54am
 THE MAN IN THE ARENA

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

Excerpt from the speech "Citizenship In A Republic"
delivered at the Sorbonne, in Paris, France on 23 April, 1910 
Wots
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic