Print Page | Close Window

White kids need not apply ?

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Outside World
Forum Name: News, Info and Happenings outside Middletown
Forum Description: It might be happening outside Middletown, but it affects us here at home.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2609
Printed Date: Apr 26 2024 at 4:35pm

Topic: White kids need not apply ?
Posted By: Bocephus
Subject: White kids need not apply ?
Date Posted: Jan 31 2010 at 11:41pm
Am I reading this wrong or does it say that billy gates billion dollar foundation doesn't give scholarships to white children? This is crap if its true
Students are eligible to be considered for a GMS scholarship if they:

• Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian and Pacific Islander American, or Hispanic American;
• Are a citizen/legal permanent resident or nationals of the United States;
• Have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (un-weighted);
• Will be enrolling for the first-time at a U.S. accredited* college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student in the fall of 2010; or GED
• Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities;
Meet the Federal Pell Grant* eligibility criteria; and
• Have all three forms (Nominee Personal Information Form completed by the student, Nominator Form completed by an educator familiar with the student’s academic record and a Recommender Form completed by a person familiar with the student’s leadership and community service) submitted by the deadline.

http://www.gmsp.org/publicweb/AboutUs.aspx - http://www.gmsp.org/publicweb/AboutUs.aspx  

Replies:
Posted By: lrisner
Date Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 9:14am
Sure sounds like it!

Posted By: Hermes
Date Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 9:23am
Well according to the very first sentence thats what it looks like. Appears it's for everyone but whites.

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 7:16am
We aren't allowed to complain, are we? It might "look bad". Don't want to "ruffle feathers". Guess it's ok that it's a one way street and not meant for everyone on an equal basis.

Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 7:27am
Perhaps if they claim they are "wiccans"??? LOL

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Posted By: NewfCrew
Date Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 11:46pm
Yes, it is total crap. I recently acquired a book that listed 1000 scholarship and grant programs available and ALL of them has similar ethnic guidelines. Not inspiring at all. I guess for those kids that don't meet the recognized ethnic criteria of need it should be assumed they don't equally deserve a chance at higher education or they should rely on the "my parents took a second mortgage on the house" college fund.

-------------
Newfies....Beauty without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferocity,
And all the Virtues of Man without his Vices.

Posted By: NewfCrew
Date Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 11:49pm
By the time my son goes to college maybe they will have a Wiccan GI bill.   

-------------
Newfies....Beauty without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferocity,
And all the Virtues of Man without his Vices.

Print Page | Close Window