Print Page | Close Window

Middletown Officer Assaulted On Central Ave.

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Government
Forum Name: Middletown Courts
Forum Description: Discuss current court cases.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3149
Printed Date: Mar 28 2024 at 4:41pm

Topic: Middletown Officer Assaulted On Central Ave.
Posted By: randy
Subject: Middletown Officer Assaulted On Central Ave.
Date Posted: Jul 21 2010 at 7:00pm
Taken from the Middletown Journal

By Jessica Heffner, Staff Writer Updated 6:06 PM Wednesday, July 21, 2010

MIDDLETOWN — A Middletown police officer has been transported to the hospital with facial injuries after allegedly being assaulted by a motorist who was pulled over for a hit-skip incident.

The police officer, who has not been identified, was dispatched to the intersection of Grand Avenue and Breiel Boulevard at about 5 p.m. today, July 21, on the report of a hit-skip. The vehicle that fled the scene was described as a blue van, according to dispatchers.

The officer then conducted a traffic stop on the blue van at the intersection of Aberdeen Drive and Central Avenue, according to police Officer Tim Meehan.

Witnesses said the two men began to struggle as the officer was patting down the suspect. During their altercation, another officer arrived on the scene. At that time, the struggle ended and the driver, who has been identified as a male, “went off” on the officer and attacked him, Meehan said.

At that time, witnesses said, the officer was sent off in an ambulance. An ambulance, two fire trucks and approximately six police vehicles responded to the scene, authorities said.

Police are still on scene investigating the incident. Meehan said the officer has been transported to Atrium Medical Center for his injuries.

Staff Writer Andy Sedlak contributed to this report.

Contact this reporter at (513) 705-2843 or jheffner@coxohio.com.

-------------
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com" rel="nofollow - www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357

Replies:
Posted By: viper771
Date Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 10:38am
They need to find the guy responsible and beat the living piss out of him.

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 11:10am
The article went on to say that the guy tased and arrested was 6 ft 2 in. and weighed 240 lbs. Eric German- pretty solid dude. The officer that took the beating was much smaller. The officer has been released from the hospital. Felony assault on an officer is just one of the charges against German. He needs to have a little "accident" while being jailed. Got enough problems in this town. Don't need this crap going on too.

Posted By: Bill
Date Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 12:41pm
I've always felt patrol cars should have 2 cops in them for this situation.  That or have two cars respond to a scene involving a large male suspect!

Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 4:29pm

Posted By: Hermes
Date Posted: Jul 23 2010 at 10:50am
This could have been a lot worse and thankfully all the cop got was a couple of bruises. Had German got to the officers weapon...I hate to even think about that.

What was this idiot thinking ? Not like he is a career criminal all they wanted him for was the hit skip.

-------------
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Jul 23 2010 at 11:11am
The officer may have to have reconstructive face surgery. Guess more than just facial lacerations or bruises. Sounds like, by the description of the sign on his home's door, he had some mental issues.

Posted By: Hermes
Date Posted: Jul 23 2010 at 2:21pm
Facial reconstruction ??!!!!! For a black eye and a skinned nose ?!!!!!

Are you kidding ?!!!!!

-------------
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!

Posted By: Bill
Date Posted: Jul 23 2010 at 2:42pm
I always laugh at neighbors who say they are "shocked, SHOCKED I say!" about the behavior of some criminal.  From the look of him and the goofy yard signs, etc. I wouldnt be shocked by much from him.

Posted By: randy
Date Posted: Jul 23 2010 at 11:01pm
I have tried to stay out of this topic, but I really only have one question. This guy was involved in a hit and skip....so it is aparent that he didn't want to go to jail in the first place. So when you cop stopped him why would he aproach the car alone? Why not wait for back which according to the video was not that far behind.

-------------
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com" rel="nofollow - www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357

Posted By: middletownlost
Date Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Hermes Hermes wrote:

Facial reconstruction ??!!!!! For a black eye and a skinned nose ?!!!!!

Are you kidding ?!!!!!
Ouch

Print Page | Close Window