Print Page | Close Window

@SQUARE in trouble

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Government
Forum Name: City Council
Forum Description: Discuss individual members and council as a legislative body.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3935
Printed Date: Apr 28 2024 at 1:55am

Topic: @SQUARE in trouble
Posted By: Middletown29
Subject: @SQUARE in trouble
Date Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 8:10am
Seems @SQUARE lost all employees and their liquor license.

Replies:
Posted By: John Beagle
Date Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 11:07am
This is horrible news.

Do you have a source on this?

-------------
http://www.johnbeagle.com/" rel="nofollow - John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.

Posted By: swohio75
Date Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 11:53am

Not at all surprised.....

Posted By: Observer
Date Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 1:57pm
For what its worth......I dropped in @ the square last night and they only had three sandwiches on the menu, were serving wine/beer/mixed drinks and working with a skeleton crew.  I hope they can get back up and running full steam.

Posted By: ground swat
Date Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 6:23pm
Basic business skills, if you have it on your menu, have it in the kitchen.  Will never go back until I hear they can get it together.  I hope the hotdog guy can follow this rule.

Date Posted: Jun 17 2011 at 8:36am
Liquor license issue seems pretty muddled. Found out @square does not own liquor license. Cheesecake Chris holds the license and lets @square use.

Not sure how they get away with this.

Posted By: middletownscouter
Date Posted: Jun 17 2011 at 1:40pm
I think it is common practice when an establishment with a liquor license changes hands the license goes to the next person without having to change the name on the license. The old BC's license was the one for Brandy's Water Wheel for the longest time I remember hearing.

Date Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 3:16pm
@square down for the count
Liquor license is pulled

Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 3:47pm
sad news for the owners, employees and customers
was only there once(meant to get back there--my bad), and was treated well.
Courteous and professional--food was fine--bar was fine--ambiance was good

there simply isn't enough everyday draw in the area(or any area of this town btw).
pac can't do it--the beau verre complex can't do it--other empty buildings can't do it
COMBINED they can't do it--even though the do their best.
Sitting on large mostly empty "mothballed" structures surely isn't going to do it.
Bringing in 200 more Section 8 vouchers(approx.1000 more people without income) isn't going to do it.

Maybe it comes down to meaningful employent for whomever in the area can hold a job should be the ONLY concern at this time. This town is empty in all areas. On weekends, there is little to no auto traffic ANYWHERE. Which means no business support. If you count on locals for your income, then you are in a very tough situation.

And we currently don't even have a functioning economic development department.

Who is steering this ship?
And to where?

Date Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 7:48pm
Service was horrible when I visited. I think a business like this can make it if the right people are managing/running it.

Print Page | Close Window