Forum Description: Middletown Community Revitalization News
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6677
Printed Date: Mar 29 2024 at 8:38am

Topic: If you can't beat 'em.....
Posted By: buddhalite
Subject: If you can't beat 'em.....
Date Posted: Feb 03 2018 at 8:37pm
I've been thinking really hard. 

Since no one here is willing to run (myself aside, but I'm probably not a viable candidate in reality) for office......

Maybe the 'east end' or the 'amenity' of Middletown (as a current city council member called it on their campaign website) should just secede.

Secede?!??!?  Did I just say SECEDE!??!?!??!?

Yes. We'll call it NEW MIDDLETOWN or maybe SECESSIONVILLE or perhaps NOLANVILLE - I like that last one - whatever we call it....

Let that side of town so desperate to re-vitalize itself spend its money without us paying the bill.

I know it will never happen - but just remember how a neighbor about 8 miles south of us was formed....it was its own independence that made it happen.  No shackle to the 100 year old ideas, no responsibility to decrepit and decaying infrastructures - just pure independence and a fresh start for all those who want something better - not just more of the old.

-------------
"Every government intervention [in the marketplace] creates unintended consequences, which lead to calls for further government interventions." -Ludwig van Mises

Print Page | Close Window