Print Page | Close Window

C-State Unveils New Murals of Perry Thatcher

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown Community
Forum Name: Community Events
Forum Description: Post and discuss area events, upload photos and pdf.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6882
Printed Date: Apr 24 2024 at 4:32pm

Topic: C-State Unveils New Murals of Perry Thatcher
Posted By: Analytical
Subject: C-State Unveils New Murals of Perry Thatcher
Date Posted: Aug 24 2018 at 2:09pm
A feature article was recently published in the Journal-News regarding the unveiling of 7.5' x 30' murals
honoring the late Perry Thatcher.  This event is taking place at the former CG&E Building at 4 N. Main Street
which was owned by Mr. Thatcher, later sold to the City of Middletown, later sold to Cincinnati State and last
sold to Store Master Funding LLC (landlord of C-State).

Marring Mr. Thatcher's honor, Store Master Funding LLC, landlord of C-State, is now $340,000+ in arrears
with their Butler County Property Taxes!  Perhaps C-State, who profited nicely from the sale of the
property to Store Master Funding LLC, could apply some moral persuasion to correct this blatant
abuse?

Replies:
Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Aug 24 2018 at 4:02pm
Mr. Thatcher was genuine in his goal for success for the city. He certainly proved that to be true making investments in the town. I think this is a deserved honor and a nice gesture by the city.

That's the positive statement for this post.

Now comes the negative.....

Since the owners of the Cincy State building are in arrears to the tune of $340 grand plus, what is the amount that must be reached for the property to go into foreclosure? At this amount, shouldn't the property already be in foreclosure proceedings? If you, the homeowner, were behind in taxes by a proportionate amount, wouldn't your house be foreclosed upon? If so, what seems to be the hidden agenda that has kept this property (and others in the city) in "tax compliance" knowing it is this far in arrears? Anyone?

-------------
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.

Print Page | Close Window