Forum Name: Community Revitalization
Forum Description: Middletown Community Revitalization News
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6902
Printed Date: Apr 23 2024 at 10:52pm

Topic: Airport
Posted By: redbengals
Subject: Airport
Date Posted: Oct 04 2018 at 10:42am
More than 2 million for an airport that less than 3% (less) uses?

Replies:
Posted By: FmrMide81
Date Posted: Oct 05 2018 at 10:03pm
{ crickets chirping}

Date Posted: Oct 06 2018 at 11:25pm
You are ok with it? 

Date Posted: Oct 07 2018 at 1:42pm
I-like the majority of the populace- couldn't care less. If they don't waste it there they'll waste it elsewhere

Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Oct 08 2018 at 8:50am
possibly everyone is hoping that these improvements provide flights out of here?

Date Posted: Oct 08 2018 at 7:22pm
Heeheehee-luxury departure lounge, port-a-john and pamphlet holder with maps to anywhere out of town at the "Arrivals" gate...

Posted By: buddhalite
Date Posted: Oct 08 2018 at 9:40pm
Yeah,

I am against the development of the airport - frankly no flight could ever take me out of Middletown cheaper than Frontier out of Cincinnati - and it's a 35 minute drive at most. 

I don't understand some of what I have read - the skydiving thing pulls in 80,000 tourists a year?  Where are these 80,000 tourists?  That's 222 tourists/day - I have a hard time believing this.

Additionally - these 'aviation' jobs I fully believe are bogus.  Is there an airline looking to make Middletown a maintenance hub?  If so - we better be making more and longer runways - or else we're not gonna be able to support the traffic.  What exactly are these jobs?

Heck - we just spent $400k (and we had to borrow it from the MMFers to do it) to pave a new driveway for this money hole....

I'm in agreement - it's hard to get to awfully wrapped up in all this mess when if they don't spend it on the airport - they'll spend it on paving over the bricks or making a river into a lake or selling property at zero dollars for motorcycle shops that never open to ........ argh.  Never mind.

-------------
"Every government intervention [in the marketplace] creates unintended consequences, which lead to calls for further government interventions." -Ludwig van Mises

Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Oct 08 2018 at 10:02pm
How does MMF have $400,000 to “loan”?
Taking our tax $$$, then charge us interest to “loan” back for public use?
Hmmm...-

Date Posted: Oct 10 2018 at 3:30pm
If you go to our Savior Adkins FB Page, he is pictured with headgear onboard and aircraft. It is possible that he is simply a passenger but it begs the question. 

Date Posted: Oct 10 2018 at 3:33pm
It seems like Adkins bends over backwards to spend money that is needed elsewhere while the city taxpayer bends over forward. 

Print Page | Close Window