Forum Name: A Better Middletown
Forum Description: A discussion about how to make Middletown a Better Place
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6935
Printed Date: Feb 19 2019 at 7:51am

Topic: If You Don't Participate
Posted By: VietVet
Subject: If You Don't Participate
Date Posted: Feb 07 2019 at 8:08am
Just thinking of all the reasons why one would not participate on this site......

If you don't participate.....(and assuming the city and schools read this forum)

- given city/school ego issues at times, they will believe they have satisfied most who live here.

- they (city and schools) will never know if you have issues with what they do.

- the schools will never know just how badly they are performing and the never ending failures in academic/indicator achievements will never be noted. We know, historically, the Journal will never mention the failures and always paint a rosy picture of school accomplishments. Both sides of the story are never reported in the Journal.

- the city will never know how you feel about their precious downtown area while they ignore the rest of the city.

- you will have absolutely no venue to express yourself about your city/schools.

- there is no other venue to make comments about the performances of your city and school officials but here. If you stop commenting, there is no criticism/praise provided for them to note. (assuming they actually care)

- they (city and schools) will know that there is a citizen's watch on their activity even though the citizens are pretty much powerless to change those activities given the "boss hogg"/we don't care what the people think mentality of city government/schools. They took the concept of representing the people/allowing the people a say in city affairs away many decades ago.

- we will never benefit from information researched here that is never found in the Journal.

- they (city and schools) will never know (if they care at all) what we think of their performance and their lousy decision making at times.

- we will never be able to counter the offerings of the city/school supporters who participate on this site.

- THEY WILL WIN WITH NO VOCAL RESISTANCE (I'm a "them against us" kind of person with regard to how the city/schools treat those who are outside their realm of acceptance) Both have created this environment using exclusion as the vehicle. We did not necessarily ask for this type of city/school/citizen relationship.

Look, it is easy to give up and it may not matter now or at the end of all of this but at least we had our opinions noted. There is no other source to express yourself but here. This is the only game in town to counter what they do. Otherwise, they go about their business unimpeded and without a whimper from the public. This is still better than not having any voice at all in our town. I hope we can agree on that.

-------------
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.

Print Page | Close Window