Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - VietVet - Speaking of Enterprise Fund Shenanigans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VietVet - Speaking of Enterprise Fund Shenanigans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Analytical View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VietVet - Speaking of Enterprise Fund Shenanigans
    Posted: Feb 18 2018 at 6:45pm
VietVet -

Only 7/1/2008 Judy Gilleland "transferred" Ginger Smith to be the Director of the newly created Community Revitalization Department.  Out of necessity, Ginger Smith along with her also "transferred" Executive Assistant in the Public Works Department were illegally paid out of ENTERPRISE FUNDS until 1/22/2009 when I was "FORCED TO FINALLY INVOLUNTARILY RESIGN".

Ginger Smith's former salary as Director of Public Works was increased to $90,000+ annually and her Executive Assistant was handed an increase to roughly $50,000 annually (not including fringe benefits costs).  This is an example where more than $160,000 of ENTERPRISE FUNDS were illegally spent.  Of course, Ginger Smith abruptly retired from the position that she was TOTALLY unqualified for only one month after I "left" city employment.  All of this opened the door for Mr. Adkins to move from the Prosecutor's Office in February 2009 and to cease paying a Chicago-based consultant who was  giving Ginger Smith a "CRASH COURSE" in HUD Programs.

Keep up the good work Viet Vet.  The truth will eventually set the captives free!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2018 at 8:09am
Yes Analytical, they did/do/always will have their favorites.

Just retired from a job where the management made no effort to hide the fact that they were sponsoring a newly hired person for a technician slot. While she had 20 years in the Air Force in coatings, QA and structural repair, she had no experience working in a laboratory nor did she have any testing experience and very little painting experience at all. We had to train her to function in our environment.

But she was the main attraction on stage and the rest of us were there to pull the curtain up for her and shine the stage lights on her while she did her thing for management.

They brought her in with the intention of fast tracking her to be the lab scheduler. She would deal out the work to more long term technicians. As you can imagine, this caused a great deal of animosity within the ranks of the older technicians but management could care less if they angered the older techs. She was younger and was considered the "future" of the group. They sent her to supervisory courses at UD to prepare her for the newly created position. She has been there two years now and will, no doubt, be at the highest tech level in record time vaulting ahead of much more seasoned techs as well.

My point is that in any job environment, no matter the company nor it's size, it has been my experience over the 48 years I worked, that there is a 99 44/100ths percent chance that things will not be dealt with in a fair manner to all employees. The company management will sponsor favorites who play their game, and that cater to their every request. It is how you gain the favorites position in any group.

Sounds as if Smith was considered a favorite in the Gilleland Administration. I talked to her once when Gilleland was there and she seemed lost answering the questions I was asking concerning the Public Works Department and the top heavy management versus the worker bees. She constantly looked over at Gilleland for support that day indicating to me she had no clue about the operation she was in charge of. Couldn't believe the lack of knowledge the woman had as to her department and it's manpower work delegation.

You were downsized during that time while others like Smith stayed. I empathize because I was downsized three times since 1994. I don't agree with it but you didn't play the game, just as I did at times, and you were selected for termination, just as I was several times. Happens to good people who are just trying to do the right thing. Sometimes, doing the right thing flies in the face of doing the political, accepted way approved by management. There are those in management who don't deserve to manage people in any situation but, for some incomprehensible reason, are selected to lead people. Usually, it has nothing to do with management ability. It has everything to do with sucking up to the big boss.

Thank God, the days of watching that happen in the workplace are over for me. It was hard to watch people sell out their morals, scruples and self worth all those years. None had any class/empathy about them. They are scum IMO.

Rant over.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
MattR View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MattR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2018 at 11:57am
2007-2017 total cumulative inflation 18%
2007-2017 Middletown water rate increase 60%
MattR View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2018 at 11:56am
2007-2017 Middletown sewer rate increase 56%
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic