FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vitori hit with Tax Lien

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
middielover View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vitori hit with Tax Lien
    Posted: Oct 13 2018 at 10:00am
Evidently Ami Vitori and Gracies are having some major financial problems.  In July a federal tax lien was for $56,250.  

The lien is for $55,000 plus is federal withholding taxes that were not paid.

This means Gracies stole federal taxes from their employees.

I believe John Hart the owner of Start Skydiving went to federal prison for the same offense.
SKA11 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2018 at 11:45am
Max Comisar never brought a dime to the investment and walked away without doing his job. He left her with righting the ship which she is doing. Thank goodness she has taken over because the staff seems happy and it’s busier now.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2018 at 10:47am
SKA11

Lets think about this.
Ami Vitori incorporates Gracies LLC and Torchlight Pass LLC.
In addition to federal tax lien, Gracies was previously subject to a mechanics lien.
Vitori did not pay a local contractor (Price Electric) thousands of dollars

How could this all be the fault of Max Comisar?
buddhalite View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2018 at 8:09pm
As a person with IRS credentials and a many-year small business accountant and adviser - I would say that a tax lien doesn't necessarily concern me up-front - it's the reasons behind it and what it is representing for the IRS that make the difference.  Since Ms. Vitori is a sitting councilperson I would expect that she should issue a statement regarding the lien (if in fact the lien does exist) regarding its issuance and her reaction, response and remuneration plan.

Everything doesn't go the way we want it to in business and sometimes our business partners make bad decisions that have enormous impact on the business and ultimately their partners.

Things aren't always as they seem.

FWIW - anyone can go file a mechanics lien against anyone.  My church years ago had a local HVAC guy go nuts on us during a project and he filed a lien against us.  We pushed him to court and he lost.  But - he filed a lien without any proof nor any reasoning.....
"Every government intervention [in the marketplace] creates unintended consequences, which lead to calls for further government interventions." -Ludwig van Mises
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2018 at 8:21pm
all true, bob
I see a hard working business that has invested heavily in the community. Has everything gone well or as planned? Obviously not.
I assume that everything will be made right eventually.
Don't know much about what goes on in most of the building, however I like and frequent Gracie's and have faith in the ownership.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2018 at 5:18pm
Hard working business owners should not steal employee withholding tax.
Last I checked it was a crime.
Lien serial number 316058418
Butler County Recorder File# 2018-00027907
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2018 at 9:19pm
Middielover,

You are discounting that there may be circumstances surrounding that which may have been outside Ms. Vitori's control.

I know everyone downtown reads this blog - Ms. Vitori, a charge has been levied.  Please address this matter immediately.

As a public official I believe that a statement is proper at this point.

Thanks!
Bob
"Every government intervention [in the marketplace] creates unintended consequences, which lead to calls for further government interventions." -Ludwig van Mises
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2018 at 8:16am
I dunno--imo a private business matter, and something that is resolved by paying the past due + penalty---and hiring a payroll co. that includes these normal functions.

If me, I probably would not discuss with press. Nothing here to disqualify from legislative duty, require public explanation, or honestly very interesting. Never had this issue in 87 years of business including my 30+ years in charge.

Unfortunate, however, it exists.
Settle and move on........

not your or my concern, bob, middielover, etc.....
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2018 at 8:36am
Spider, you know I hate to disagree with you.... :-)

There is a matter of public concern here in that she is an elected official, sworn to uphold the duties of the position, handle the affairs of the city and to do so in an expeditious, honest and straight-forward manner.

I believe that the situation *COULD* lead someone (and it already has middielover) to believe that she, based upon the handling of her own affairs, might not be fit to lead the city.

The problem is that we don't know - an accusation has come to light - and we don't know.  I personally think that when an accusation that can be verified is brought forward - an answer is required from a public official.  Think of it as restoring confidence.

I know, based upon my own personal experience, that business partners can be problematic.  Sometimes we as business owners forget that the bank account sometimes has money in it that we can't spend (payroll liabilities) and we make mistakes.  However - we hold our elected officials to higher standards.

If Ms. Vitori were just a private citizen, sure, none of our business.  I think that the public nature of her position gravitates otherwise.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2018 at 8:38am
Plus, if the company is late in filing and/or paying its federal liability - what about its city liabilities.

Surely we at least are owed an answer from that perspective?
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2018 at 8:38am
Willful nonpayment of employment taxes is a felony under Sec. 7202, punishable by a fine of up to $10,000, imprisonment up to 5 years, or both. When an employer withholds money from its employees' paychecks and then does not pay it over to the Treasury, this act is considered embezzling money from the U.S. Treasury.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2018 at 7:24pm
Mechanic Lien was for over $50,000.
With that lien and federal tax lien plus stiffing Price Electric adds up to around $150,000.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2018 at 8:47am
https://youtu.be/zQndBhB3ULg
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2018 at 10:51am
Buddhalite
Agree with you that Vitori owes public an explanation.
Everyone in town is aware of her financial/legal problems.
Perhaps she thinks the problems will just go away.

Embezzlement is a serious matter.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2018 at 2:45pm
Just was emailed a copy of lawsuit between Torchlight Pass and a former tenant.
Doubt Vitori can blame that on Comisar.
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2018 at 8:53am
Bob, don’t kid yourself. Beside the posters on this forum and Nelson himself,no one reads these threads. This site is dead. Oh, and middielover, who is your confidential informant? Post the lawsuit here or it’s just more fake news.
Middletown... Bright past BRIGHTER FUTURE!!!
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2018 at 8:54am
m29 and mlover are the same person?
interesting but not surprised
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2018 at 10:21am
Middiemom - the lawsuit is in the public domain.  Just go to the county clerk's website and do 2 minutes of sleuthing - you'll know everything you need to know.  It'a all out there - I don't think there's anything as salacious there as Middielover does - but hey beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

And don't you ever think that the powers that be aren't watching and looking...I can confirm there are at least 2 council members and plenty of folks at One Donham Albatross who are watching....

Yes, the traffic may have slowed and died down a bit - but it's still worth watching...
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2018 at 8:00pm
Middiemom
AKA Ami Vitori
You are very familiar with the lawsuit.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2018 at 9:35pm
Methinks middiemom doth protest too much....

Since her last post about the site being dead - I've been watching throughout my day at the active users list - I wouldn't say this site is dead....I'd say it's just not being utilized to its potential. 

Maybe we should kick it up a notch?  I'm still waiting on a statement from an elected city official about her federal tax liens and obligations to the city.  I don't want to accuse - but if you are behind on your Federal obligations - what's the chance that you're behind on your city obligations as well?

We as citizens should demand an answer. 
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2018 at 8:48am
Middielover and Buddha, stop trying to be Woodward and Bernstein. You throw out wild accusations and then expect a response to prove innocence. That’s not the way it works in this country. Kick it up all you want, Bob, you’ll get nothing. I repeat, NOONE outside you,middieloverlover and Nelson post anymore. And as far as viewership of this site I don’t care how many times you three click on threads. This site is an abysmal failure. Go find another hobby.
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2018 at 8:54am
Such a shame you are trying to destroy someone who is trying to help turn this city around. But that is what you people do. Just take a look at what you’ve done to this site. Nothing is ever good enough for you two or three who are left. Enjoy it.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2018 at 10:03am
Whoa, whoa, whoa......Go back and read everything I've said about this matter....and you'll find that I have actually DEFENDED Ms. Vitori in this matter.  I just think that an elected official should be held to a higher standard, and in this situation because of the subject matter and its potential impact upon the very city she is elected to run, honor and defend - perhaps a statement about it is in order.  I've never accused anyone of anything nor have I said anything is not good enough.

Ms. Vitori could clear this up with a two sentence statement - she has yet to do so.

The lawsuit is none of my concern or anyone else's here really - her corporate entity feels it was wronged by a tenant and they're suing them for whatever they can get.  Fine.  I don't know the deft's and I don't know their arguments exactly (just what is on the clerk's site)  and the courts will figure it out.

The tax lien is another thing, however, it could be for various reasons but the most important here is the business' continued liabilities to the city and state - of which we are not privy at the moment.  I feel for her - I really do - I've been on the receiving end of bad business partners and the stories I could tell....but she was elected to run this city (whatever power Adkins lets any of those people have) and there's a higher level of responsibility that goes along with it.

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2018 at 9:10pm
Middletown’s elected Council is the obvious and unfortunate failure, Middiemom—embarrassing group of bobble heads imo
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2018 at 2:50pm
Vitori has violated her oath of office and is subject to a recall under OHIO law.

Failure to pay over or collect withholding tax is a felony punishable by up to a $10,000 fine or five years in prison, or both.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic