Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, April 18, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HUD Funds & 3200 Block Ottawa Street Home??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HUD Funds & 3200 Block Ottawa Street Home??
    Posted: Feb 08 2010 at 12:20pm
A.J. and Josh -

A friend of mine at the Municipal Building tells me that you might want to speak with senior City staff about a relatively new home built in the 3200 blcok of Ottawa Street in Ward Two.  It seems that this six-year old dweling may once again be property tax delinquent.

While there are quite a few other tax delinquent properties in Middletown, none has the history of this house.  Using HUD funds, the original substandard home owned by a lower-income retired household was demolished in  2003 or  2004.  Then, also using HUD funds in 2004, a new three bedroom, two bath ranch home was built on the same lot and financed for the lower-income retired owners.  Over $100,000 was overspent on this property that even now has a market value of $60,000 or less?

There seems to be a continuing history of property tax delinquency involving this home.  In fact, the City had to recast the owners mortgage at $100,000+ about 18 months ago because certain staff didn't respond to legal requirements of Butler County pertaining to a potential tax sale.

Now, this property appears to be in arrears on property taxes again with $100,000+ owed to the City of Middletown.  I brought this matter up last Spring and it didn't generate much interest from MiddletownUSA participants.

You would do the citizens of Middletown a great favor looking into this little HUD problem!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic