Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Liberty Restaurant by Three Fat Guys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
darcy1969 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcy1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 8:36am
Put some relish with turmeric on that dog, and some chili sauce and cheese and of course mustard!! Then it will be much prettier and fill the bun. There's no way difficulties should exist with getting a variety of hot dog choices in downtown. I think the issue exists with people are not motivated to go downtown anymore. It will take a while to be able to change that image and there's still many places of real estate available. I think we should focus many businesses on educational/cultural awareness type focuses around children. If we draw children from all the prosperous communities we are surrounded with, their parents will bring them, businesses get more customers willing to spend money and we create local jobs. The business owners need to get a little diversified though in their offerings. The Liberty has heritage of being a GREAT hot dog place. I would personally like a hot dog with lots of mustard containing turmeric, onions, and jalapeno's!!  But that's just me with my health needs. What kind of things can you NOT put on a hot dog? grin    Condiment choices is what will rule there and provide variety. A pickle spear with the dog and some sweet potatoe chips would provide a well rounded nutritional diet option. So in providing such, we help solve health issues, merge cultures, expand business knowledge for growth. We even have Hebrew national hot dogs now that are supposed to be healthier. So restaurant issue solved...find hard working people. I have been job hunting for 2 years. There's plenty of people who know how to work hard in Middletown. Then what's left is the need for more pride by painting our businesses through downtown - look at Lebanon on weather bug. Lebanon pictures show up for Middletown. Look at picture comparisons between Lebanon/Franklin and  Middletown. I know guys who paint, downtown Middletown needs painted, and decorative lighting so we can show our own picture on weather bug, etc.

Create businesses for the children not only in this community but neighboring communities and make them want to come here. We have adult businesses downtown. Why not have some children businesses? I think children here would like to go to a few fun places like AK Stainless Steel House of Mirrors? This would be such a cheap investment in making children happy. I know a lot of people that would set up canopy stands at events if the cost was reasonable and they knew where to go fill out paperwork. A lot of web sites are not integrated and the forms have to be printed and mailed in or dropped off and then the fees stop many from doing so. If there was more of a focus on sales rather than fee revenue generation, then a larger variety of patrons and vendors would offer services. Am I totally in left field on this because most of us are poor? The middle class is sinking into poverty and getting out of poverty when no bridges exist is a pain in the tail without opportunities. To get buy in for change, we have to focus on the children's health.
Darcia
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 5:30am
My now wife and I went down and had dinner at the Liberty restaurant on Friday Nov. 1st 2013. I the the stuffed hamburger and she had the Philly-cheese steak sandwich. I have to say it was very good. We were expecting the standard SAM'S or Costco pre-made food that every restaurant uses, But surprisingly it was all hand made. Definitely much better quality food than the Stained 1054 Bistro, which served us over cooked food, with very little flavor, and way over priced. 
The only down sides was the place was very empty for a Friday, and our food did take a very long time to get served, but I guess it is worth the wait for actual home made food.

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 8:17pm
What is this you say "better than stained bistro" ? Haven't tried either (the new liberty) but I thought stained was high end now that's a shocker.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 9:15pm
I've tried both.  Had the opposite experience.  I didn't think The Liberty was anything special, but then again I don't eat coney dogs.

I've had great and just ok meals at Stained, but I will take Stained over the Liberty any day.  Plus they usually have an excellent beer selection. 

That said, I am just happy there are more non chain restaurants in town.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 8:18am
When we ate at the Bistro it took our food 30 min to arrive, and the hamburger I ordered was over cooked and did not have much flavor to it, and my wife didn't care for her sandwich either. We thought about getting one of the other meals on the menu, but quickly realized our bill would have been over $30. We did like the environment of the the restaurant, but then again we were the youngest people eating where with both of us in our 30's. Most of the people eating there was well over the age of 60, and we both felt out of place there showing up in Jeans and shirt, with all the people eating there all dressed in Business Casual or better.

The liberty felt more comfortable to sit in compared to the Bistro, however it was almost to quiet. The only thing that kept bugging me was the worn out dirty carpet that needs to be replaced. But like I said before it was nice to actually eating something at a restaurant where you can tell the food was hand made, instead of something they could have bought at a warehouse club.

We also ate at Stefano's  Italian restaurant, again we liked the environment, besides us freezing. the chicken Alfredo was good, but the prices of the dinner made it one of those places that you go to once in  a great while.

My suggestions for the local restaurants would be to try to get your dinners down to the $10-$20 range. When you are pricing dinner that are over $20 and appetizers over $10 you are forcing the majority of people not to eat at your restaurants, especially when the my income and the majority of people in Middletown make around $36,000.

ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 8:25am
There is also might be a possibility of Main Street Deli restaurant in Springboro, possibly opening up another one in Middletown. My wife heard this from the owner wanting to expand his business into another area, and he is considering Middletown as a possibility. If you are ever up in Springboro I suggest swinging by Main Street Deli and having a Panther Paw, or a custom made sub. I think their subs are way better than Subway and Penn Station.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 1:27pm
I like the Liberty, Stain and At the Square--have not tried the latest venture in Pendleton(don't see how it can work there).
They are all what they are--very different

Prefer At the Square because it seems more open, lively and friendly--better cocktail atmosphere----and imo the food is under-rated and pretty much equal to across the street

I do my best to support all 3 locally owned eateries down there, along with the very cool Music Club

Stefanos still rules though

jmo
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 2:04pm
I would have to try At the Square, hopefully it is not hard on the pocket book.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 5:31pm

I guess Stained creator's are getting the cliental they wanted which it's ok to have a variety but for me I couldn't afford to spend that much on a regular basis. Has any one tried the new Spinning Fork on Verity we ate at the one in Fairfield years ago and they were pretty decent.

over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 6:15pm
It appears Spinning Fork business is booming, they must be doing something right!
Historic House Guy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 6:36pm
Me and my wife ate there  a month ago. We went for lunch on a Saturday with about 12 other volunteers from the Sorg. We showed up unannounced and without warning. The service was friendly, and pretty quick considering. The food was great. Well, not "great" but nothing to complain about.

We'll go back for sure.
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 7:01pm
We've eaten at Stained several times and Spinning Fork a few times.  Had good to great meals each time. 
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2015 at 9:26am
Now that Liberty was taken over by Buck's (Buck's closing up the old Anchor and moving completely to the Liberty site), wondering if things are any different. Is it just the same food Buck's was previously providing at a different location, or is it a mixture?

I used to get Buck's every couple of weeks for lunch when we would do a group order for delivery and it was perfectly respectable bar food. I'm not sure how that would translate to a diner though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic