FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$100K in State Benefits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $100K in State Benefits
    Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 12:05pm

Tsarnaevs Got $100K in State Benefits:
Report Between 2002 and 2012

By Matt Cantor,  Newser Staff

Posted Apr 30, 2013 7:01 AM CDT

(Newser) – The Boston Herald may have had its request for records denied, but that hasn't stopped the paper from managing to learn the extent of the public assistance received by the Tsarnaevs: more than $100,000 between 2002 and 2012, including cash, food stamps, and housing, the paper reports. "The breadth of the benefits the family was receiving was stunning," says an insider. The finding comes by way of the state's House Post Audit and Oversight Committee, which was given some 500 documents from the state upon request.

"I can assure members of the public that this committee will actively review every single piece of information we can find, because clearly the public has a substantial right to know what benefits, if any, this family or individuals accused of some horrific crimes were receiving," the committee's chairman said. The documents haven't been publicly released. Meanwhile, the state's Department of Transitional Assistance is conducting a probe of its own: into whether the Tsarnaevs informed the agency about Tamerlan's Russia trip.

I'm just soooo glad to know that our tax dollars were used to water, feed, house and educate these young men.
I mean after all if they would have had a real job that required them to work 40 hours a week they would not have had enough spare time and money to learn how to make bombs.

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 9:00pm

The welfare state is out of control.  All it takes to get bennies is a pulse.  You don't even need to be here legally (have you read how our government conspires with Mexico to INCREASE food stamp participation?).   It does not foster work ethic, it does not give people a temporary "hand up", and it hooks people into a permanent laziness and sense of entitlement.  The very LEAST that should be done is to start limiting the programs for the healthy able-bodied adults and, if benefits are given, make them work for them.  I think 20 hours of hard labor and another 20 hours of job hunting or skill development classes will motivate people to find employment.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 6:01am
Bill:

"It does not foster work ethic, it does not give people a temporary "hand up", and it hooks people into a permanent laziness and sense of entitlement. The very LEAST that should be done is to start limiting the programs for the healthy able-bodied adults and, if benefits are given, make them work for them"

I'll go one step beyond that.....limit the give-away bennies to a set amount of time....say 1-2 years. After one/two years, if you and your family don't have your act together by finding a job (multiple jobs in the household-whatever it takes to be independent), any job, getting a health care program to take care of your medical needs without us taxpayers doing it for you, buying your own food at the grocery without food stamps, paying your own way as you get on with your life, then I guess you're out of luck. Fend for yourself. Don't know about all you folks but I'm tired of paying for professional, continuous welfare program users. Time to swim or sink on your own people. Bottom line, quit sponging off of those who work. The endless parade of welfare services must end on a certain date, then you stand on your own, never to return.....ready or not. JMO
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic