FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Three Fat Guys Review The Spinning Fork

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vinny View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Three Fat Guys Review The Spinning Fork
    Posted: May 04 2015 at 12:14pm
The Three Fat Guys visited The Spinning Fork here in Middletown, Ohio recently. 

Check out our review:
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2015 at 5:00pm
What an insanely over-written bit  of text on a sandwich and bag of Lays potato chips. This site has now reached saturation status as totally irrelevant.

Next time you get onions, take a knife and remove them, than sending it back and finishing lunch 10 minutes after your joint companions. Four paragraphs to intro a review of a sandwich and bag of chips. Not up to New Yorker review standards fat guys.

Site dead, and killed by self infliction. Oh well.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2015 at 10:35pm
come on factguy---if the local patrons had posted some glowing review of some establishment in the former downtown area, you would be gushing success all over the place.

It is our local Council and Admin that has gone dead in the minds of citizens. They are so frustrated by decades of wasted spending and crumbling conditions, that not only don't they care or want to become involved any more, they don't even want to talk about it anywhere.

Quit hyping the sos and produce something that we can actually appreciate and that benefits everyones' quality of life---

Clean up your messes and fix something........
The emperor has no clothes.....

Why trash these three guys and MUSA?
None of the above created any of the local situation
u should be pleased that these guys actually patronized a local business and enjoyed it--jmo
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2015 at 11:12pm
Maybe next review, TFG's might do a review of McDonald's versus Steak and Shake, double cheese compared to the triple steak with mustard, and ketchup ? Or, how about Jif peanut butter on Ritz crackers against Kroger brand peanut butter on Zest saltines. Can't wait.  
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2015 at 11:46pm
Spiderjohn,

That's not fair! None of those trendy places in the former downtown (except Buck's) stay in business long enough to get reviewed!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 10:01am
Maybe we should compare the historic value, condition and investments among the Rose Building, Sonshine building, the old Montgomery Ward building, the old Midd.Journal building(antique mall and yoga?) and the old library building----the differences between Dollar General, Family Dollar and the NYC markets---the clothing quality options between Burlington, Kohl's Wal Mart and Meijer?

Economic development regarding quality of life options for local residents has been neglected for far too long imo, and the people that we need to retain are feeling it while exploring exit options. The depressed real estate market is all that is holding many here

Sorry to be a downer, but we need to see real positive change

jmo
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 10:27am
Right on, SJ
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 11:59am
Factguy:

"This site has now reached saturation status as totally irrelevant"

Hardly son. Just a slow time as your little buddies in the city building and downtown haven't done anything stupid for us to talk about lately. In time, you and those like you will come through to provide the fuel to fire the criticism leveled at your continuous program of failures for this city. We shall wait because, just as sure as the sun will rise again, you and your fools will make yet another catastrophic blunder that will drag the city even deeper into the abyss.

And yet, some more wisdom from Factguy.....

"Site dead, and killed by self infliction. Oh well"

Reworded......
Town dead, and killed by self interests from pathetic leadership.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 1:12pm
on the sunny side-----made a visit to the new coffee shop on the corner of the holy ground in the area formerly known as downtown
nice place--clean, spacious, nice local owners, nice staff eager to please---very interesting sandwich menu--so so coffee but will get better---I do it elsewhere, but this place is worthy of support

When this town recovers, it will be due to the hard work, efforts and investment from our quality private sector business people. Local govt. hasn't been able to do it despite throwing millions of $$ at that area over the last 3 decades, while ignoring/polarizing all other similar neighborhoods. Credit to the hard-working locals who make the hard work pay off. Please support them throughout our city.

end of serial rant I hope
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 3:07pm
Agree with SJ's sentiments.  Triple Moon's coffee doesn't compare to Java Johnnie's but I will continue to give both places my time and money.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

... Just a slow time as your little buddies in the city building and downtown haven't done anything stupid for us to talk about lately. ...

Sure they have, I'm just sick and tired of preaching to an abjectly apathetic electorate.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

on the sunny side-----made a visit to the new coffee shop on the corner of the holy ground in the area formerly known as downtown

Hmmm...never heard of it!!! It must NOT belong to a friend of City Hall, or else there would have been trumpets, parades, and multiple stories in The Journal-Snooze.
Gordon View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2015 at 2:38pm
So, if anyone has any bright ideas on something exciting to do around here for lunch I'm real interested!

Because 9 days out of 10 I just drive through Wendy's and eat a salad at my desk and I know no one wants to read about that! Damn, you just did. LOL 

P.S. Happy Friday! 
Lucas View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2015 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Factguy Factguy wrote:

What an insanely over-written bit  of text on a sandwich and bag of Lays potato chips. This site has now reached saturation status as totally irrelevant.

Next time you get onions, take a knife and remove them, than sending it back and finishing lunch 10 minutes after your joint companions. Four paragraphs to intro a review of a sandwich and bag of chips. Not up to New Yorker review standards fat guys.

Site dead, and killed by self infliction. Oh well.

Haha this is the most ridiculous response to any of our reviews I think I've read and clearly shows your lack of intellect if you can't see the purpose of our reviews. We review places that our GOOD FOR A QUICK LUNCH. Those place typically serve - lays potato chips. So that's what we review. I'm starting to remember why it was so easy for us to forget about MiddletownUSA with great folk like FactGuy on here.

As for scraping off the onions - you're right, I could have done that. Which would have removed all the alfredo sauce. Which would have left me with a chicken sandwich. Which had I reviewed a plan chicken sandwich I'm sure you would have responded...

"what an insanely over-written bit of text on a plain chicken sandwich."

Geez. At least we write something with some value and some meaning. You wasted your time typing absolutely nothing of value. You clearly must have no life.
Read about my food experiences on Three Fat Guys Review blog: http://threefatguysreview.wordpress.com/
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2015 at 3:45pm
How about the next review, do one on the lunch special of a Speedy mart compared to UDF. The readers would love to have that assessment. Life, no life. No life is writing about a fast food lunch special costing a few bucks. Hey, how about a review of drinks. May I suggest a slush drink at the truck stop over the icee at Seven Eleven? Maybe fresh brew at Shell compared to the decaf at Thrifty's. 
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2015 at 3:49pm
Fat Guys: Pay no attention to "Sour" Factguy none of the rest of us do. Some of us actually enjoy your commentary on the local places so keep up the good work. ( yeah according to Factguy it's not New York reviews maybe he didn't notice this ain't New York)
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2015 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Factguy Factguy wrote:

How about the next review, do one on the lunch special of a Speedy mart compared to UDF.
Factlessguy:
Don't knock the lunches at UDF!!! It's the most successful restaurant to open in your downtown in the last 30 years!!!   
Lucas View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2015 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by over the hill over the hill wrote:

Fat Guys: Pay no attention to "Sour" Factguy none of the rest of us do. Some of us actually enjoy your commentary on the local places so keep up the good work. ( yeah according to Factguy it's not New York reviews maybe he didn't notice this ain't New York)

Thanks! We know our experiences aren't necessarily the norm and certainly would encourage everyone to try local restaurants, but, that being said, we like to share our experiences so that other locals know about potentially great places to eat a great lunch :)
Read about my food experiences on Three Fat Guys Review blog: http://threefatguysreview.wordpress.com/
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 4:20pm
As a native Middletonian and former fat guy myself, I think you can't go wrong with a visit to The Jug or Shaddock's pizza, both on Central. J&E's has recently reopened for the season in Poasttown, and The Stand on Verity had a tasty Reuben dog.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2015 at 11:48am
Originally posted by middletownscouter middletownscouter wrote:

As a native Middletonian and former fat guy myself, I think you can't go wrong with a visit to The Jug or Shaddock's pizza, both on Central. J&E's has recently reopened for the season in Poasttown, and The Stand on Verity had a tasty Reuben dog.

These are good suggestions. 
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2015 at 11:18am
Ooooh baby-Shaddocks pizza and a pan of their lasagna-meal fit for a king....
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2015 at 12:32pm
Totally agree. Shaddocks pizza and steak sandwiches are the best around. Thumbs Up You should try a lunch meat hoagie with jalapenos on it
Middletown... Bright past BRIGHTER FUTURE!!!
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2015 at 9:48am
Thinking I might be ordering some Shaddock's tonight...

Sadly, everyone who knows will tell you that the best fried chicken in Middletown left us when Dillman's on Central Avenue closed.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2015 at 11:06am
Fryer/cooks @ Greciane D
Fryer @ Marci
Other fixtures @ Combs bbq Stefanos Java J

Thanx 4 the kind words and past support
Joshua View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joshua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2015 at 9:55pm
Have any of you tried Vera Cruz? Their food is fantastic and the service is about the best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic